shape
carat
color
clarity

10:06 US Eastern time Saddam Hussein has been executed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
For those of you who have not heard....
They even video taped it..... What''''s wrong of our world?

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2006 10:28:20 PM
Author:zhuzhu
For those of you who have not heard....
They even video taped it..... What''s wrong of our world?
Darlin, there just ain''t enough hours in a day to even start to address that question.

shay

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Not to be the hall monitor or anything.....but shouldn''t this be in Hangout?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2006 10:39:20 PM
Author: aljdewey
Not to be the hall monitor or anything.....but shouldn''t this be in Hangout?
Yeah or in Around the world forum...

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2006 10:39:20 PM
Author: aljdewey
Not to be the hall monitor or anything.....but shouldn't this be in Hangout?
Or Around the World...

oops Kaleigh beat me to it!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Well - I was thinking this news may make the color grade in Harriet''s diamond less interesting.....

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Boy, I doubt there are many who would miss him...a terrible and evil man, what he and his sons did to his country was appaling...such terrible atrocities. It won't undo anything he did, but at least he won't be able to terrorize people again...though I am sure there is someone ready to step up now that he is gone...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
bout time
regret i didnt get to pull the lever

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/29/2006 10:45:25 PM
Author: diamondfan
Boy, I doubt there are many who would miss him...a terrible and evil man, what he and his sons did to his country was appaling...such terrible atrocities. It won''t undo anything he did, but at least he won''t be able to terrorize people again...though I am sure there is someone ready to step up now that he is gone...
Thank you. I am glad to see him gone.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
good riddance

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I think the world is a little bit better without him in it.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
The world is a better place without him. This man was evil like evil from the Dark Ages. Hopefully the world is evolving to a point where this type of individual will occur less and less. In the meantime, when they show up, we need to have the courage to eradicate them.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Rich......have been thinking of you a lot in the past week with the anniversary pending.

How are you faring?

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/30/2006 12:58:32 AM
Author: Richard Sherwood
The world is a better place without him. This man was evil like evil from the Dark Ages. Hopefully the world is evolving to a point where this type of individual will occur less and less. In the meantime, when they show up, we need to have the courage to eradicate them.
I am sure the world is a better place without him!!!
But it wont solve Iraq''s problems!!!

As long as the gap between poor and rich becomes larger..., these type of ''individuals'' will pop out.

But needless to say, today is a big and great day in HISTORY!!! (for mankind!!!)

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
deleted

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As Pricescope said in another thread:

De mortuis nihil nisi bene

Deb
34.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2006 5:20:01 PM
Author: AGBF

Deb

34.gif

How about anything good about Eichman? Mengele? Stangl? Mass Murders, just like Saddam, they were mass murders, excuted for his crimes against humanity, mass murder, liquidation of "inferior" humans. I am honestly suprised of your response AGBF.

ETA... Yes I realize that Stangl was not caught, his living free was a shame and blow against humanity...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2006 5:20:01 PM
Author: AGBF

Deb

34.gif

While I normally do not speak ill of the dead in this case I will make an exception...leave the good comments to his mother, let''s see the bounds of unconditonal love...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Um, yeah, personally it doesn''t make me feel any better to see another human put to death. I wasn''t exactly jumping for joy when I watched the televised part of his execution last night. One more "band-aid" on an issue and still nothing''s really "fixed." However, I think he got what he deserved in the end...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It won''t bring anyone back of course, but he was an evil man who caused the deaths of tens of thousands of people. An eye for an eye...in his culture that is accepted and one who commits crimes such as he did knows the price. Just because he was in charge and scared most people into following his orders maybe he thought he was immune.

I am not a violent person, but sometimes executing someone who is so remorseless, so evil, is the only way.

Not that this is similar, but remember Ted Bundy, who escaped from jail to kill others in Florida including a 12 year girl he spirited away from school...he would have always been a risk in prison to escape and continue killing...so sometimes, a person has committed such heinous crimes, and is so ill that nothing will rehabilitate them, and they are such a danger to those around them that the death penalty is a viable option...certainly ends the likelihood of them doing it again...

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/31/2006 8:39:09 AM
Author: diamondfan
Not that this is similar, but remember Ted Bundy, who escaped from jail to kill others in Florida including a 12 year girl he spirited away from school...he would have always been a risk in prison to escape and continue killing...so sometimes, a person has committed such heinous crimes, and is so ill that nothing will rehabilitate them, and they are such a danger to those around them that the death penalty is a viable option...certainly ends the likelihood of them doing it again...
Very well said.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results