shape
carat
color
clarity

1 YEAR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hoping&Waiting

Rough_Rock
Well.....Progess is slowly being made!!!

This past weekend my FF''s older brother got married
9.gif

It was a beautiful weekend, the wedding went off without a hitch, things were wonderful!! And...one more couple in the family checked off the "list" before its our turn
32.gif

Of course ALL WEEKEND...FF and I heard over and over "your next...soon it will be your turn...when will you two be engaged....cant wait for the next wedding" ON AND ON AND ON...at first it is sort of flattering that people are thinking of us but then it turns into a CONSTANT reminder!

Soooo...on our way home from the wedding, (6 hr drive) we had a good opportunity to chat. Of course it led to proposal talk and ring shopping and then to tears on my part. He said, "I had no idea you were thinking about this so intently and so often!" As you all may remember from past posts, he is all about a surprise and he thinks by talking about it in the least...it will ruin it.

Well finally...I said THAT IS IT....give me a clue that your even thinking about it darn it!!!! AND....HE DID! He said....Hunny...i promise..by this time next year!!!

YAY! I guess I did just have to push considering he was oblivious that I was thinking about it so much!!!

Advice: TALK ABOUT IT!!!!

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
That''s great news!!
36.gif

And I can totally relate!
A few months ago, I had the same talk with my bf - about getting engaged and married, then I started crying (blah)...
But it worked out for the best, because each of us finally knew what the other was thinking.
So I think talking about it can be a good thing too!

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
YAY for timelines!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

leoslove730

Rough_Rock
Aw, GREAT news that he gave you a timeline. And he''s probably trying to throw you off by giving you the farthest date possible - I''m sure he''ll pop the question sooner than you think because you''re expecting it to be closer to this time NEXT year.
36.gif

I wish my FF would give ME a timeline - but no way! He''s all about the surprise thing too. Oh well...

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! That''s great news!! I always cry too when I start discussing it, it''s hard not too! Just think you''ll be engaged this time next year
36.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, I''m glad you guys talked it over and are both happy with your plans.
1.gif

goodfun7580

Shiny_Rock
Yay! Good for your getting a timeline out of him! Let the countdown begin!
36.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
I've had a few tearful discussions too! Oh yeah! But for me the tears are usually frustration at my life standing still at the moment because I've gone back to college and had to move home to do that and it'll be another year before I get to start my new career and really see the fruits of all that study and feel like I'm moving forward again. It's just sometimes I latch onto the proposal as being a symbol of all that forward momentum I'm itching to have in my life again. Our timeline has us getting engaged just about around that same time.
It's sure going to be an exciting time for me!
36.gif

What I find helps for me is... talking about it... and, eh, talking about it... and... oh yeah, talking about it! I thank my lucky stars for my patient-as-a-saint BF!
30.gif

Good on you for talking with him about it!!! And yippee for a timeline!!!
9.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 1:55:37 PM
Author: Delster
I''ve had a few tearful discussions too! Oh yeah! But for me the tears are usually frustration at my life standing still at the moment because I''ve gone back to college and had to move home to do that and it''ll be another year before I get to start my new career and really see the fruits of all that study and feel like I''m moving forward again. It''s just sometimes I latch onto the proposal as being a symbol of all that forward momentum I''m itching to have in my life again. Our timeline has us getting engaged just about around that same time.

Im the exact same, only I have another 4 years of college to go through before I graduate again! So sick of studying and I wish I was working full time again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results