shape
carat
color
clarity

1 year anniversary help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I think I''ve posted about this before but its really getting close to our 1 year wedding anniversary (may). We''re doing the traditional "paper" gift and I''m just not sure what to get DH. He is Irish and German... I found an antique irish nursery rhyme book that I thought would be cool since he can read it to our kids later(when we actually have some!)... but do you think its an appropriate gift for this occasion? Or better suited for maybe a father''s day or something? I know he would like an antique book or nice, leatherbound book set but I''m just not sure what book I would get. Please give me suggestions! My budget is under $100. I thought about football tickets to our Alma Mater but I don''t know if that is meaningful and long-lasting enough.

Some info:
He has a sociology degree and is getting a masters is Public Admin.
He took a Tudor history class and seemed to really like it so I thought about a book pertaining to that perhaps.
Really, he enjoys just about any history.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
My dad got my mom a map of ireland which shows where the people of last names are from... my mom really liked it since her grandfather was an immigrant from Ireland... and he had it framed in a nice frame. It is still one of the focal artwork pieces in the back room...
1.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
This idea probably doesn''t help you that much, since you''re leaning toward a historical slant...but for our "paper" anny, I printed out our wedding vows from both weddings on linen paper and then had them framed and matted. I was worried that it was more a gift to myself than to him, but the other day he mentioned that he loves seeing our vows every day when he wakes up in the morning (they''re in the entry way at the front door, so he sees them when he comes in with the paper).

A "historical" paper idea might be to visit an antique store - sometimes the old newspapers are really, really interesting and can be framed really nicely.

I like the rhyme book...but if you''re not ready for kids presently, it might be an uncomfortable. I know sometimes my DH is really sentimental about those things (we both want children, but not right now) and other times it''s a little jarring.

And...I can tell you flat out that while I would want to give the romantic gift, my DH would most want the football tickets! - he''d find it a lot more romantic than I do.
1.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
How about having an artistic family tree done?

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
tlh- Good idea! Although DH''s family knows exactly where they came from so I''d be nervous to get anything like that for fear it might be slightly off or entirely wrong all together.

Elmorton- We are currently trying to have kids... with no luck. I guess I should probably wait on that gift though. Your historical paper idea made me think of comics which he does like so I''ll look into both of those. And I guess I''ll keep the football ticket option open
20.gif
3.gif
. I''d love to get him season tickets which seems a little more meaningful but way out of the budget!

Sabine- Cute idea! How far back would I go... just our parents? Our grandparents? Hmm... lots of possibilities with that!

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
If you''re looking for a nice leatherbound book, first companies I think of are Easton Press and Franklin Library. They also have nice signed first editions.

http://www.eastonpress.com/intro2.asp
http://www.franklinbooks.com/servlet/StoreFront

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results