shape
carat
color
clarity

1 ct round ziamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Does a one to two carat round ziamond look and last like a real diamond

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know, but how much does a 1 or 2 carat ziamond sell for?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
To an untrained eye it will probably pass as a diamond. However, CZs are rather soft so it will get scratched up eventually and you''ll have to replace it.

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock

I think they look so so compared to the real deal.

Wink''s interlaps look more real than the ziamond (in my opinion). www.freecz.com

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
To me, an untrained eye, the diamond does appear fake because in many lights it looks like a piece of plastic.

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
http://bellisima-gem.com/ Almost forgot about these. Very believable~!
emteeth.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Both of the website look great. Has anyone had any experience with either?

surely there must be a visible difference between diamonds and CZ''s otherwise why l am I going to spend $10,000 for a 1 carat diamond ring when I could get a 2 carat CZ ring for about 5% of the price???

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I am excited to hear you have seen and have experience with one of the CZ''s. I am considering it but a little nervous. Lima is right up the road. I am actually from TROY. I was at Ohio Northern last weekend and ate at your local Bob Evans on 75 :)
35.gif

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
You will have to let me know when you visit the area again. We could get together sometime~!
emteeth.gif
My sweetie and I eat at that Bob Evans all the time. That an Cracker Barrell.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock

I have bought two stones in CZ from Wink and they are very very lovely stones.

A diamond has amazing properties that (to me) warrant that major mark-up over any other stone on the market. I have been analyzing diamond all day for the past two weeks almost, and I have to say, even the included diaomnds with yellow color look better than a CZ.

Some differences include that adamantine lustre a diamond has that no other stone has. That means it shines and sparkles unlike any other stone. It''s hardness is absolutely at the top of the scale, meaning these stones can be worn for YEARS and still show little wear and tear. A CZ will wear away (with good care) in one generation. They are very rarely seen in antique jewelery without abrasions on the table and top facets...They are simply too soft for daily wear and tear...

Also, they refelctive properties are so different to me (a somewhat training eye). I have CZ and at once they looked great, but now they just look fake. Their weight, their lustre, their refeactive properties, all look different. Personally I prefer CZ to Mossanite, as I think the double refraction of Moissanite is not too realistic, as well as the greenigh color, it supposedly has (haven''t seen it yet). CZ stones are actually used as master stone sometimes, as a cheap alternative to diamond grading stones that people use to figure out the color of diamonds by comparison...BUT CZ''s tend to yellow through time, so they are NEVER as accurate as a diamond, and truly, NOTHING sparkles quite like one. Add to that the rarity of a well cut, good quality stone in a nice size and you have why people prefer the REAL thing to a simulant...

30.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, nicrez. I have one of wink''s stones and it is lovely and an amazing replica....but it just doesn''t shoot fire like a real diamond does. :)

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

Here are some comparison shots with my mom's 1.24ct, D, VVS2 w/ 1ctw princess diamonds set in mount, and my 1.5ct Interlap, both set in Platinum..

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

Here's a flanders interlap set in 18kt white gold with .40ct pave-set diamonds:

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Having just picked up some 6.5mm signity-star cz's to play with its my opinion that they would look very believable in a pin or pendant.
Less so in a ring.
A ring is seen at more angles and it just doest have the POP an ideal cut diamond has from all angles and lighting.
Face on like in a pendant it would be awesome and very believable.
Looking better than most mall store diamonds in my opinion.

For rounds dont pay more than $10 for them is my advice I paid 1/2 that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results