shape
carat
color
clarity

1.81 Carat, 0.8 HCA Score - Thoughts?

Travelist

Rough_Rock
I'm looking for an AGS0 quality engagement ring and have found a 1.81 Carat VS2 GIA Ideal Cut Round Diamond Ring, with the following specs: 57.0% Table, 60.4% Depth, 33.5% Crown Angle, 40.8% Pavilion Angle, but with VERY GOOD Symmetry and Polish. The HCA score on this diamond is 0.8. I like the idea of the discount from the very good symmetry and polish, but was wondering how much those qualities might affect the brightness of the diamond. It's listed for under $25k which seems like a bargain with the specs.

I chatted with the sales rep and can get my hands on a Sarin report. How much would the brilliance, fire, sparkle be affected by the very good symmetry and polish, and would this difference be detectable to the human eye?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very good polish is just fine. Very good symmetry may be okay depending on how much of a perfectionist you are! It would be so great if they could give you magnified images of the stone and then you'd get more accurate advice. Is this diamond returnable? If not, I'd pass. If it is, you could have it sent to an independent appraiser to evaluate. What is the color?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I have an excellent cut stone with very good symmetry and polish and it scores well on the HCA and I think its stunning. What is the return policy on the stone? I would go for it if its returnable.

Travelist

Rough_Rock
There's a 30 day return policy. I'm leaning towards making a purchase. Doesn't the diamond need to be appraised anyways before it's insured. Would the appraisal include ASET or Idealscope images?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results