carat
color
clarity

0.63-ct Round On a Classic 6 Prong

DerekLee

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

This is my first post.

I got the ring few days ago from BlueNile, reason for me to choose BN is that H&A really isn't on top of my priority list when choosing a diamond - I looked at a few from my friends, you have to put some effort, both the light and eye muscle, to see it, and decided not worth the extra money to pursue it.

So here's my criteria:

Something between 0.6 and 0.74-ct on a Pt950 6 Prong, the ring will be size 3.75, so even this is not big by any mean it should't looks too small on it.

I want good statistical cut data. This is the thing I valued the most, I want light and fire and I'm willing to pay a little bit more or sacrifice carat weight for it. But you also know that if it's properly cut, it looks bright and bigger as well! I consider H&A only as an bonus.

I want at least F-color, so that when the ring get compared side-by-side with another one, there's no embarrassing yellow shows up.

As for clarity, a VS2 minimum. Just not gonna look at it under 10x in the future. I want it for daily wear, not show-off or investment.

So here's the stone I got:

0.63-ct
F
VS1
3 Ex
60.8% Depth - 57% Table - 34.5% Crown - 40.8% Pavilion
5.54 * 5.57 * 3.38 mm
L:W 1:1.01
Thin to Med (faceted) - None Culet - Faint Fluorescente
Holloway Cut Adviser: Light Return Ex, Fire Ex, Scintillation Ex, Spread Vg, Score 1.3

Setting: Pt950 Classic 6 Size US 3.75

As I said, and as you know, Blue Nile doesn't provide any photos period to purchase, but only but examining about 60+ or so stone (in excel, I use some conditional formatting, functions and such to filter) from data given, I got a not-so-bad H&A as bonus!

I didn't get my camera (Nikon D90 + Sigma 150/2.8 Macro) properly white balanced, will probably take some pictures durning the weekend if I have time, also from other angle - the extreme perspective makes the stone look so big, but trust me it's not that big.

:)

DSC_1938 (1)_R.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I think you did very well. The diamond looks fantastic and you've chosen a lovely classic setting. It will be very impressive on such a tiny finger. I recently received a 5-stone ring from Blue Nile and I have been very impressed with the quality of the diamonds and the setting. Please come back with some more pictures for us as we are all jewelry photo junkies on this forum!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You did extremely well - that's a very nice stone! I think the ring is beautiful and she will be very pleased!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous photo of a gorgeous ring!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty ring and diamond. :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice! And wonderful photo too!

As a small note just for your own interest, most diamonds with the type of ideal proportions you chose will display crisp arrows like you see in the great photo you posted! :)) The arrows result from the style of cut (i.e., the combination of the proportions). That is different from the H&A label, which is applied to diamonds that display very high precision in the cutting, indicated by a certain *type* of arrow and hearts, the latter of which are evident through the pavilion and not really visible to the naked eye without a viewer. You are totally correct that you do not need to spend for the H&A cut precision to have a beautiful stone, if you don't value that label and characteristic of your diamond.

Great choice!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful...she will love it!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
a true classic, very nice!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamond looks amazing, the setting that you chose is an all time classic and the picture that you posted is perfect!!! Very well done :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
What a lucky gal!

alvina

Rough_Rock