shape
carat
color
clarity

Rings don't fit at 8 months postpartum: HELP!!

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies (& gents) so I have a beautiful diamond set that curently does NOT fit at 8months postpartum (originally a size 4.5) now a 5.5. Naturally I am stressed but I am also on a weight loss journey so I was contemplating buying a Berricle e-ring to go along with my barely fitting band. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Is Berricle a pretty good quality CZ ring? Does it tarnish very easily? I was thinking about getting this one. Here is my original ring set and this is the Berricle I am interested in purchasing (I don't want it to be very big) it's either that or get my rings all resized at $89 a pop & $149 for my eternity to get diamonds resized or lose weight. Worth it or not? We want to hae a baby in about 2 years later so I'm not sure if it's worth it to get resized or to just do it...

Here are my original babies:
View media item 122323 image_943.jpg image_313.jpg

This is the baby I'm debating on getting while I *transition*
https://www.amazon.com/BERRICLE-Rhodium-Sterling-Zirconia-Engagement/dp/B01F9IUJIU
https://poshmark.com/listing/3-stone-emerald-cut-ring-5aa022b6a6e3ea4b2877bd8b

Moms with babies if your fingers got fatter, what did you do w/ your rings?

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
Pregnancy messes with everything and it may not go back. You may lose all the weight and them some and your fingers will still be a different size. Same with your feet if your shoe size changed. I’ve lost use of a whole closet of shoes for this reason. :cry2:

My advice would be to talk to an experienced jeweler to find out how much your rings can go up and down. If they can be sized to fit now, resize them me enjoy them. If they get too big, use a silicone ring guard thing until you are done having babies and having weight fluctuations.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
its pretty and it hardly costs any money
who cares if the rhodium plating comes off just buy a new one (but save it for the baby's dress up box )
excuse my lack of knowledge but does postpartum mean you have had a baby ?
your rings are very beautiful- its a shame not to wear them for 2 or 3 years
id string them onto a chain around my neck - maybe the eternity anyway and get the ER resized in the meantime
and buy the CZ ring too - its really awsome !

and best wishes for happy families

but i don't know anything having babies so my 2 cents isnt worth much

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
its pretty and it hardly costs any money
who cares if the rhodium plating comes off just buy a new one (but save it for the baby's dress up box )
excuse my lack of knowledge but does postpartum mean you have had a baby ?
your rings are very beautiful- its a shame not to wear them for 2 or 3 years
id string them onto a chain around my neck - maybe the eternity anyway and get the ER resized in the meantime
and buy the CZ ring too - its really awsome !

and best wishes for happy families

but i don't know anything having babies so my 2 cents isnt worth much

Postpartum is after having had a Baby. We want 2 more babies so I’m afraid I will have to keep them tucked away unless I resize after I am finished having babies..

Thanks for the response

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
Postpartum is after having had a Baby. We want 2 more babies so I’m afraid I will have to keep them tucked away unless I resize after I am finished having babies..

Thanks for the response

There is no guarantee they will ever fit at the current size again. You may lose the weight but it may not come from your fingers. I’d resize now and if your fingers get smaller, you can use these clear things to make your rings tight again. Once you are done having babies, consider resizing again if needed.

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
I think maybe talk to an experienced jeweler. ive had two babies and I was lucky enough to have my rings fit me pretty much during and after but best to go talk to someone and see what your options are! I did have some funny sizing issues with my eternity band we just got and I wasn't expecting that, and it was a pain to deal with!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can the rings be resized easily? I did not put on a huge amount of weight after 2 pregnancies but with one thing and another it took me 10 years to get it back under control, all my rings have been resized at least twice!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
It's been a while but I think my E-ring didn't fit for 6-12 months after each of my two babies. We do swell up and gain weight. The same ring fits fine now but I think my fingers have gone up a half size overall but not bad after almost 20 years :D
I would give yourself a whole year and see where you're at. Any postpartum/breastfeeding fluctuations should have settled after 12 months. I don't think I'd be able to wait another 2-3 years of not wearing a pretty ring. I'd do the resize after 12 months and enjoy it. My bet is that it will fit fine through your next pregnancies and postpartum period.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d give it until 12 months post partum and then consider a resize. It takes a good year for everything to get back to normal.

Congratulations on the baby!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and lots of us have Berricle so yeah, it’s an option.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My daughter is 14 months old, my fingers did not change in size that I have noticed (I do like my rings a half size larger because summer months) but my feet sure did go up half a size! They have not gone back either, I will have to toss all my heels and buy new which I plan on doing after baby #2 is born next year.

I do think that you should go ahead and wait for the weight loss and the next baby before resizing your current rings, but it does sound like you have a few years for all that to play out. I would think of getting a ring that will stand up to that, maybe something from a pawnshop to act as a stand in?

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
My “transition ring” Berricle Emerald cut with baguettes ring arrived today and I am SO in love what do y’all think? My asscher eternity (2ctw) is real though, I hope it won’t be affected by the silver jewelry.
PS/ please excuse my manicure!!
BB5718A9-1DC5-4F97-AD12-710EA2267508.jpeg 9A8B0B32-2DA7-4D14-9D3E-D8C5BBC400A5.jpeg

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My “transition ring” Berricle Emerald cut with baguettes ring arrived today and I am SO in love what do y’all think? My asscher eternity (2ctw) is real though, I hope it won’t be affected by the silver jewelry.
PS/ please excuse my manicure!!
BB5718A9-1DC5-4F97-AD12-710EA2267508.jpeg 9A8B0B32-2DA7-4D14-9D3E-D8C5BBC400A5.jpeg
I love it! It looks very nice on you! Your eternity’s prongs may scratch the Berricle ring a little but I wouldn’t worry about that. Good pick!

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
It looks amazing on you!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks great on you!

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
My vintage ring is here!! It’s so dainty and tiny ✨ what do y’all think? Definitely my smallest stone yet!
E4B84E27-1E07-4953-8042-088C426F76A6.jpeg F0DB3046-6570-4026-9AEF-3A81032B4745.jpeg 8D2D9D3E-E67E-443E-9594-411690BDFAF8.jpeg
3105B152-4D39-4B04-956F-74A70371886A.jpeg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty! It has a nice presence. Can you take a pic with your eternity?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the vintage ring a lot! Great proportions. It's funny how it doesn't look small to me until you put the Berricle next to it. I have a half carat OEC that I wear when it would be better to wear a small and plain ring, and though it's small, it's really pretty and I love it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results