shape
carat
color
clarity

6 ct blue sapphire?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Here's another sapphire I’ll be seeing tmr... would like to hear what you folks think? Pricing wise is <US$10k

My jeweller doesn’t think it’ll get cornflower label but color seems nice from video and pics that a lovely PS-er kindly shared when she helped me to look at it when she was over.

There is a small window and will see how badly it bothers me tmr.
FA6A5274-D041-4EE8-A098-0C17261526D0.jpeg FD681C0A-D54E-4154-A75C-66A0FC4DE9F6.jpeg D34F0DC4-966D-4987-A4A5-DC0DE4526315.jpeg DABBDA8E-F80E-4889-BB94-6FFCD10FF5EB.jpeg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Here’s a video

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the shape, size, color, and tone!!! A beauty!!
I wonder if setting willl close small window a bit.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I don’t have the dimensions and but it’s supposed to be an unheated sapphire from Sri Lanka.

Main drawback is the price since it’s double the price of the other pastel 6.5ct sapphire I saw a few weeks ago.

Was told that this 6 ct is darker in color vs the pastel one... and I guess the color makes a big diff in price?

The pastel 6.5 ct with another cornflowerish heated sapphire...
F2345E65-BB3D-45E1-B685-B5C3B31C3A0C.jpeg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Love the shape, size, color, and tone!!! A beauty!!
I wonder if setting willl close small window a bit.

Thanks! I think the window could be minimized/reduced after setting...

Wonder how I’ll feel about it when I see it tmr.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks a little silky, sleepy to me, but maybe that is your preference? I can’t wait to hear what you think of it in person.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It looks a little silky, sleepy to me, but maybe that is your preference? I can’t wait to hear what you think of it in person.

I think cornflower blue sapphires need some silk for the velvety look? That’s what my jeweller said and matches what I read online too. Helps with not blacking out?

Here’s another video from my jeweller in what I term ‘bad lighting’... under orangey lights...

Doesn’t seem to turn totally black which is promising. Or rather, if it did go totally black I don’t think I’ll specially make the trip down to see :P2

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I think the window could be minimized/reduced after setting...

Wonder how I’ll feel about it when I see it tmr.

Window can be cured with setting. What a lovely gem.:kiss2::kiss2:

I think try to bargain down? I did pay for my 8 carat at around 8k USD. Unheated. Bright good cornflower blue and it does not die in the grey UK light (very important for me). Mine does not have a window but it has a tiny little minuscule hole at the bottom which is part of the crystal formation and I actually cannot see it at all. Eye clean. Certified by AGL and AIGS.

Last edited:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Window can be cured with setting. What a lovely gem.:kiss2::kiss2:

I think try to bargain down? I did pay for my 8 carat at around 8k USD. Unheated. Bright good cornflower blue and it does not die in the grey UK light (very important for me). Mine does not have a setting but it has a tiny little minuscule hole at the bottom which is part of the crystal formation and I actually canot see it at all. Eye clean. Certified by AGL.

When did you get the gem @ChaiK? Asking as prices have gone up over the years... also was it Sri Lanka as well or another source?

Going to look for thread/pics of your 8 ct but if you don’t mind pls do post here as well... thank you! :kiss2:

Ya it is over my budget so at the current price I can’t/won’t buy...

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you outside the us?

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone knows where I can see 6 ct s

When did you get the gem @ChaiK? Asking as prices have gone up over the years... also was it Sri Lanka as well or another source?

Going to look for thread/pics of your 8 ct but if you don’t mind pls do post here as well... thank you! :kiss2:

Ya it is over my budget so at the current price I can’t/won’t buy...

This year around March. Mine is a Sri Lankan Sapphire.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ah found it! What a beauty.

It's here. I am sending it back to DK to change the zircons (I am fussy - still zircons. Just wanted them more sparkling) but for the moment, it is still beautiful.

DK has been good about the whole thing. He will change them for free. What more can I expect?

The sapphire is certified cornflower blue by AIGs. It does not die. Not in the UK light. I am so lucky today.

20190628_195559.jpg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Ah found it! What a beauty.

Funny thing is, it was the awful windowed zircons that made me send it back to DK. It is being fixed with new zircons.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Singapore... so should be cheaper than US? Less tariffs or whatever.

Oooh, Singapore is on my bucket list :mrgreen2: I hope you find something good!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Funny thing is, it was the awful windowed zircons that made me send it back to DK. It is being fixed with new zircons.

Get what you mean. The zircon windows would bother me too.

Ok I really should sleep so that I’m alert tmr when I go and see the gem. I’m feeling rather incoherent already after a long (and stressful!) work day/week.

Pls keep the comments coming!

@ChaiK where did you get the lovely stone from if you don’t mind sharing?

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Get what you mean. The zircon windows would bother me too.

Ok I really should sleep so that I’m alert tmr when I go and see the gem. I’m feeling rather incoherent already after a long (and stressful!) work day/week.

Pls keep the comments coming!

@ChaiK where did you get the lovely stone from if you don’t mind sharing?

My sister got it for me. Someone was meeting the Sri Lankan dealer who had come down to Singapore so she tagged along and got one for me (because I really really really wanted one very badly at that price) and one for herself. The price reflects the tiny hole at the bottom. But honestly, I cannot see it. And when DK inspected the sapphire, he approved of it, called it lovely and said to set it. DK said the hole is quite a common thing in sapphires because of the way the sapphire forms. He does not mean all sapphires have holes. He was trying to explain that it is an ok thing to have and that it is not a crack or a result of a mistake in the cutting. DK was first to see it. I had not even seen it when it went to him. I got the final set product and then sent it back to him because the windowed zircons are awful.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful color, size and shape. I love a bit of silk in sapphires for a velvety look. The window will close a bit in the setting.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow I like the first video and the hand shots. I am not in love with the colour change, but maybe that is just really hideous lighting. I am also curious about chaik's stone, it is gorgeous! Would love to know more sources for gems in singapore.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results