My oval 2.jpg
My oval 3.jpg
Photos by David Klass:
DKJPV19_03_25_GMG_ 51609 -- 1.jpg
DKJPV19_03_25_GMG_ 51609 -- 3.jpg
DKJPV19_03_25_GMG_ 51609 -- 4.jpg
And lastly, a video that @whitewave took of me wearing the ring:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz3JG8hFUzu/
One of these days, I'm going to have DK make me a coordinating band.
WOW your ring is gorgeous!!! What size and color is your Elyque?
How long have you had it? I love all your pics, especially the video, it sure sparkles, wow! Thank you so much for being sooo kind and sharing. Now I know I picked the right style, Oval. I’m just wondering if I picked the right setting, I’m pretty sure I did cause I know mine is much smaller than yours, lol. Thanks again!:mrgreen2:

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW your ring is gorgeous!!! What size and color is your Elyque?
How long have you had it? I love all your pics, especially the video, it sure sparkles, wow! Thank you so much for being sooo kind and sharing. Now I know I picked the right style, Oval. I’m just wondering if I picked the right setting, I’m pretty sure I did cause I know mine is much smaller than yours, lol. Thanks again!:mrgreen2:
Actually ... mine's a 1.53 G SI1!!! It's about 8.13 x 6.35 mm. That's going by memory. I'm not looking at the cert. Thank you for the kind words! Rest assured that you will love your oval and you will have substantial finger coverage with the halo.
I bought the diamond in December 2017, but this is its second setting, as I said before in a different thread, I think.

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock
Actually ... mine's a 1.53 G SI1!!! It's about 8.13 x 6.35 mm. That's going by memory. I'm not looking at the cert. Thank you for the kind words! Rest assured that you will love your oval and you will have substantial finger coverage with the halo.
I bought the diamond in December 2017, but this is its second setting, as I said before in a different thread, I think.
That’s awesome, what size is your finger? I like you setting now compared to first setting, Kudos!
Since you have an Elyque, can you give me your honest opinion on another couple possible settings for mine, just not sure of my setting, I’ll show you why.
The 1st pic is what I fell in love with and wanted, it’s “Perfect” but it is 2cts. Loved everything but setting color, I love Rose Gold or Yellow Gold, plus my Elyque is a J, so I think it will look perfect in either.
2d pic is a smaller Elyque, 1.51, mine, trying to match it to the “Perfect” one in first pic, but something is off.
3d pic, do I go with different setting?
4th pic, different setting?
5th pic, different setting?
(Sending pics in another message, see below, still haven’t figured out this site) lol
Thank you sooo much for your opinions.
If anyone else has any opinions, please let me know what you think.
BIG decision!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Sunshine812! I wear a 4.75-5 on my left hand. That particular ring is a 5 so I have some room when I stack.
Wow, all those rings are very different. Are you still able to change your mind on the setting?
Personally, I think you see your halo as "off" compared to the 2 ct. one is because of the larger diamonds in your halo. That plus the different metal color is all I can see. But you love the larger halo, so go for it.
Are you second guessing the halo? Are these all CADs from Jonathan?
Have you thought about looking at other designers?

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock
Hi @Sunshine812! I wear a 4.75-5 on my left hand. That particular ring is a 5 so I have some room when I stack.
Wow, all those rings are very different. Are you still able to change your mind on the setting?
Personally, I think you see your halo as "off" compared to the 2 ct. one is because of the larger diamonds in your halo. That plus the different metal color is all I can see. But you love the larger halo, so go for it.
Are you second guessing the halo? Are these all CADs from Jonathan?
Have you thought about looking at other designers?
Thanks for responding back and providing me with your information!
I hope yes, I still can change.
Do you see the halo as being off? I just don’t want it to be swallowed. It won’t hurt my feelings if you say yes. It just has me second guessing...
Yes all Cads are Rhino’s.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for responding back and providing me with your information!
I hope yes, I still can change.
Do you see the halo as being off? I just don’t want it to be swallowed. It won’t hurt my feelings if you say yes. It just has me second guessing...
Yes all Cads are Rhino’s.
No, I don't think your halo is off, just off from the original, which likely uses smaller diamonds. Where did you see your inspiration ring? Is it possible to find out the size of the diamonds in the halo on that one? Even if it's different from your ring, would you still like your halo?

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock
No, I don't think your halo is off, just off from the original, which likely uses smaller diamonds. Where did you see your inspiration ring? Is it possible to find out the size of the diamonds in the halo on that one? Even if it's different from your ring, would you still like your halo?
The original pic is from AV site, that’s why I choose that setting. But after it was designed with my size stone with smaller halo and shank stones to adjust for my size stone, that is how it turned out. I guess I’m getting cold feet, haha. That’s why I first asked if I should have all halo and shank in same size diamonds or should the halo and shank be different. So if you just bought your Elyque, would you even think about a halo for yours? Or halos are not your thing?

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The original pic is from AV site, that’s why I choose that setting. But after it was designed with my size stone with smaller halo and shank stones to adjust for my size stone, that is how it turned out. I guess I’m getting cold feet, haha. That’s why I first asked if I should have all halo and shank in same size diamonds or should the halo and shank be different. So if you just bought your Elyque, would you even think about a halo for yours? Or halos are not your thing?
Halos are definitely my thing. You might remember my oval was originally haloed in platinum so the diamond got lost visually in the setting, in my opinion. I have the setting with a sapphire now. We can't tell you what size diamonds to use in your halo. That is purely personal preference. There is no right or wrong way to do a halo.
Also wanted to add that rose gold on a J color stone looks amazing. My J AVR is set into 14K rose gold. :)

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock
3496B72F-4F31-4E68-8C42-3EA05F4798DE.jpeg
Halos are definitely my thing. You might remember my oval was originally haloed in platinum so the diamond got lost visually in the setting, in my opinion. I have the setting with a sapphire now. We can't tell you what size diamonds to use in your halo. That is purely personal preference. There is no right or wrong way to do a halo.
Thanks for your expertise, one more quest, what do you think of this halo?

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I think it's fabulous. I like the different size diamonds at the top and bottom.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you think it’s better? I just love it
Awesome
Better is subjective, that's why I said I *personally* love it. I think it adds interest. And I love it with that band.

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock
Better is subjective, that's why I said I *personally* love it. I think it adds interest. And I love it with that band.
Me too! Do you think that the band would look good on both sides?

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
85983805-559F-4E76-9DE3-C3502A537423.jpeg
Love your Westie, here are mine,

Westies!!! Awww man. I love westies. My little guy was called Eric, sadly he died just before he turned sixteen but he was the most awesome of awesome Westies ever. Although I'll allow that I'm sure yours are pretty awesome too! :kiss2:

WP_000071_01.jpg

I have a paw engraved on the inside of my ring in honour of him. :love:

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock
Westies!!! Awww man. I love westies. My little guy was called Eric, sadly he died just before he turned sixteen but he was the most awesome of awesome Westies ever. Although I'll allow that I'm sure yours are pretty awesome too! :kiss2:

WP_000071_01.jpg

I have a paw engraved on the inside of my ring in honour of him. :love:
I’m sorry you lost your little guy. We had 2 before these 2 and they both passed away at 16 and 17. I couldn’t live without Westie’s, so we bought 2 more.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results