shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Victoria Earrings, save for VCA or something else?

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@tfc_diamondlvr I have been trying to remember where I have seen the earrings I recall & could not find the reference - either they were part of a wreath suite by HW, or by Art of Platinum (knocking off top of the line HW, as often enough). The impressive detail was the 3D feel - in this sense comparable with the VCA frivolle (where the gold petals are set at various angles) but in diamonds... Obviously memorable, just from some random picture seen ages ago.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello PSers!

I value everyone's opinion very much on this site. The vast knowledge and understanding PSers offer to their fellow posters is incredible.

So, I've been thinking about my HG pair of diamond earrings for awhile now.
I realize some will suggest I get a really nice pair of diamond studs. However, I feel diamond studs are a bit boring for me. I want something with a bit of style/flair.

I thought the best option would be to have a jeweler make a version of the Tiffany Victoria earrings for me. But, several jewelers I've spoke with refused to do the job as they say it's a bit too much work. They recommended I seek out pre-loved.

So, here we are. I am tentatively about to purchase a pair of pre-loved large Victoria earrings for around $9k cdn. However, there's another love - that's the VCA Vintage Alhambra.

My DH is willing to purchase one item. I can wait for the VCA, or go for the Tiffany.

What do the lovely PSers think is the best choice? What's going to have longevity? In the future, if I'd like to sell the piece and upgrade, which one will have the better trade in value?

I'd really appreciate any thoughts :)
I posted this in the Jewelry pieces forum, but I figured I'd get a bit more traction here. I apologize if my posting doesn't belong in this area.

Thanks!!
Which Victoria earrings are you looking for? There are several listed on there website for far less than $9K USD not sure what the conversion takes that to in CDN

tfc_diamondlvr

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Which Victoria earrings are you looking for? There are several listed on there website for far less than $9K USD not sure what the conversion takes that to in CDN

Ooooh! I'm eyeing the large size at 1.62ct. please feel free to share your finds. I do suspect there is better than $9k cdn. But, I'd be spending $9k cdn. So, roughly $6.8k usd.

The issue is this local seller does not have any paperwork to go with the earrings. And, if my memory serves me correctly, Tiffany can look up the purchase based on name? Maybe I'm wrong with that. Maybe that was Birks?

tfc_diamondlvr

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@tfc_diamondlvr I have been trying to remember where I have seen the earrings I recall & could not find the reference - either they were part of a wreath suite by HW, or by Art of Platinum (knocking off top of the line HW, as often enough). The impressive detail was the 3D feel - in this sense comparable with the VCA frivolle (where the gold petals are set at various angles) but in diamonds... Obviously memorable, just from some random picture seen ages ago.

Those earrings must have been impressive to leave that kind of mark on you. Art of platinum eh? I'll be looking up their website shortly please post if you find the earrings or something similar! I'd love to see them.

Reactions: AV_

tfc_diamondlvr

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What I'm really curious about now is whether it's really true that it's very difficult to produce a pair of quad marquise diamond earrings.
I just emailed David Klass as per someone else's suggestion.
Let's see what he says.
Of course, I'm open to other suggestions too!

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Art of Platinum has taken allot of content off their website & all other publications - having checked last evening, after a couple of years of not paying attention. I wonder what is up with this house - the work is only getting finer over time technically & prices are not obvious anymore. I will not mind to hear that they are getting paid as well as anything of comparable quality, yet, obviously ,(

The old school, right thing to do in such a situation is to chaperon a new workshop, doing what they used to do & do not have to anymore. It obviously worked (fingers crossed).

Thinking out loud...

I would ask for some example of comparable design from the archives since those are no longer up there to browse.

tfc_diamondlvr

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I decided not to purchase the Victoria earrings after everything. I feel that the seller's price isn't necessarily spectacular. So, if I change my mind in the future, I could probably try and purchase them pre-loved. And to be honest, I'm sure there are other very good jewelers who could make me something very similar.

I think I'm going to turn to the craftmanship of VCA. I think, given how often I wear my hair down, the VCA is a much better option.

Of course, I might just end up getting both earrings eventually :kiss2:

whiteanvil

Rough_Rock
Agree with the VCA I think you made the right choice :) You can wear them every day with casual clothes and still look glam without being too dressy!

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Both are lovely but I just have to say there is something about those VCA's. Just love them on you. I have long hair too and it would drive me bonkers to spend that amount of money and not be able to see my earrings. You may feel the same... and the VCAs have such presence. I can see them casual for sure but they are very, very classy.

tfc_diamondlvr

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Agree with the VCA I think you made the right choice :) You can wear them every day with casual clothes and still look glam without being too dressy!

Thanks very much for your perspective! I like how the earrings transition really nicely without being too flashy! I think I was caught up with 'the deal', but lost sight of what was a better fit for me!

Both are lovely but I just have to say there is something about those VCA's. Just love them on you. I have long hair too and it would drive me bonkers to spend that amount of money and not be able to see my earrings. You may feel the same... and the VCAs have such presence. I can see them casual for sure but they are very, very classy.

That's exactly right! When I put the Victoria's on, they just didn't have the same presence as the VCA ones. As soon as I put those VCA's on, I couldn't help but smile. They really did make my heart leap!
So, I knew that as much as I wanted to convince myself that the Tiffany's were right for me, my heart sang for the VCAs.

Thanks very much for your opinions! I appreciate it!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The WG pave Alhambra studs are HG VCA earrings. They are at the top of my list.
For you, I woodland consider the pave frivole. Did you try those? With your beautiful wavy hair I think they would be stunning.

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
So those pave Frivole earrings are gorgeous. Even the mini ones. OMG I am a VCA fan. I guess its official. Check those out @tfc_diamondlvr - they are really pretty.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results