shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding a diamond

parkour

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I'm ready to get my hands wet in seriously finding a diamond. My budget is no more than $4300 and I'm looking for 0.90 - 0.92 carat diamond that is eye clean with ideal cuts. Can anyone recommend me a few that would have HCA < 2?

Appreciate it!

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What are your other preferences in terms of colour or clarity?

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, you're going to be out of the range of .90+ with vendors that specialize in top cut stones unless you go lower than I color. Example:

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4068006.htm

Otherwise, I'd suggest using the parameters I posted in the other thread and try Blue Nile. I think many of their top tier (signature?) stones are usually within those parameters.

parkour

Rough_Rock
What are your other preferences in terms of colour or clarity?

VS1 or above
G-H-I color

I looked at the suggestions, but SI seems to be far from eye clean. What would be a reasonable budget for eye clean?

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
VS1 or above
G-H-I color

I looked at the suggestions, but SI seems to be far from eye clean. What would be a reasonable budget for eye clean?

Keep in mind that the photos you see on listings are extremely magnified, at least 20x normal size. At 0.9cts, you’re looking at something that’ll be around 6.3-6.4mm in diameter. And in normal lighting conditions, brilliance and scintillation on a well cut round brilliant will mask a lot of inclusions (with the exception of big crystals, white or black in colour) at regular viewing distances (around a foot away from your eyes).

At the colour clarity levels you are looking at, you’re gonna need to be at around the US$6k mark and above for in house stones.

Adiamor has a 0.95 I VS1 for US$4.5k, but you have to be ok with medium blue fluorescence.
https://www.adiamor.com/Diamonds/0....Cut-Round-Diamond/D43267490?&refer=pricescope

Real image looks like it’s has pretty good optical symmetry from crown-up image (arrow shafts line up pretty well with arrow heads).

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would definitely consider SI1 stones given your budget and the size you want. There are many eye clean SI1 stones.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would argue that anything above VS1 is overkill for a stone that's less than 1ct. I would be looking at VS2/SI1. If you look at WF, they say if a stone is eye clean or not. So I would use that as a benchmark for whether a stone will be clean enough.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results