shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with unbranded 2 ct round

phanct

Rough_Rock
Hello all! I had another thread, but haven't gotten as many responses, so hoping a new one will yield more results. This search for a dream diamond without having to pay the premium price for a brand such as WF, CBI, BG is tiring! I'm still hoping that with y'alls help, I can find the one! So far, there are 2 diamonds that I'm really considering. Please take a look and let me know what y'all think!

From local jeweler:
20190325_183955.jpg 20190325_153358.jpg Screenshot_20190325-153147_Samsung Internet.jpg

From GOG:
itsc.jpg hearts.jpg aset.jpg agspgs.JPG 17116_pic1.jpg

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all! I had another thread, but haven't gotten as many responses, so hoping a new one will yield more results. This search for a dream diamond without having to pay the premium price for a brand such as WF, CBI, BG is tiring! I'm still hoping that with y'alls help, I can find the one! So far, there are 2 diamonds that I'm really considering. Please take a look and let me know what y'all think!

From local jeweler:
20190325_183955.jpg 20190325_153358.jpg Screenshot_20190325-153147_Samsung Internet.jpg

From GOG:
itsc.jpg hearts.jpg aset.jpg agspgs.JPG 17116_pic1.jpg

I would definitely go with the stone from good old gold. Its AGS certified so its better cut and the angles work better. The 35.6/40.6 combo will produce more fire compared to the first stone with 33.5/41 combo which will produce more white light. My choice would be the second diamond.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The GOG one is great. I don't like the first one very much.

phanct

Rough_Rock
Would you guys be bothered by the specs in the GOG diamond? I feel like there's a diamond out there that's si1and still more eye clean, but I don't know if I'm just being too nitpicky and unrealistic

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you guys be bothered by the specs in the GOG diamond? I feel like there's a diamond out there that's si1and still more eye clean, but I don't know if I'm just being too nitpicky and unrealistic
I assume it's an SI1? I don't have any issues with it. Did they say if it's eye cleqn? What's the price?

phanct

Rough_Rock
I assume it's an SI1? I don't have any issues with it. Did they say if it's eye cleqn? What's the price?

It's $21,000 on a bankwire and $21,630 on a credit card. It is si1 - The vendor said it's 100% eye clean.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's $21,000 on a bankwire and $21,630 on a credit card. It is si1 - The vendor said it's 100% eye clean.
What's the color?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ask because you could get a 2.3 J color super-ideal from HP diamonds for between 19-21k, which I would personally prefer since the upgrade policy is outstanding. Also it will face up whiter than a typical J, but I don't remember your color tolerance.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
The GOG one looks good and you’re in good hands with that vendor (I got a setting from them - service was top notch) ... looks like it’s just under 2 carats though ... we need more stats for the price to have any meaning.

Last edited:

phanct

Rough_Rock
I ask because you could get a 2.3 J color super-ideal from HP diamonds for between 19-21k, which I would personally prefer since the upgrade policy is outstanding. Also it will face up whiter than a typical J, but I don't remember your color tolerance.

i prefer to stay at a G or F because I was able to see tint in the lower colors.

phanct

Rough_Rock
Yes, we need all the stats to make a comparison!

The first diamond is an Si2, is it meant to be eye clean?

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4068033.htm

I VS2 with the great upgrade policy, in budget.

Yes, the first one, si2, is supposed to be "completely eye clean" per the vendor. I'm going to the jeweler's tomorrow to look at it in person. They said they have ideal scope images, so hopefully I'll be able to post them for help with review. I'm hesitant with the GOG one because I just can't get past all the little inclusions.

I'm still hoping to find my unicorn and get a totally eye clean sis or even si2

josieKat

Shiny_Rock
I'm confused - you said the GOG one was SI1, yes? And they said it was eyeclean? I find that image much less worrisome (and I trust their assertion of eye clean - you can ask from what distance, e.g. do they mean 10" above, and you can even ask them to check from 8 or 6" if you want) than the one from your vendor. The first stone doesn't have ideal ASET to back up its light performance, but the GOG one does. I happily purchased an AGS ideal stone from GOG (not a modern round, but still ideal cut).

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

phanct

Rough_Rock
I'm confused - you said the GOG one was SI1, yes? And they said it was eyeclean? I find that image much less worrisome (and I trust their assertion of eye clean - you can ask from what distance, e.g. do they mean 10" above, and you can even ask them to check from 8 or 6" if you want) than the one from your vendor. The first stone doesn't have ideal ASET to back up its light performance, but the GOG one does. I happily purchased an AGS ideal stone from GOG (not a modern round, but still ideal cut).

yes, the GOG diamond is si1 and David said that it is absolutely eye clean, even from 6 inches away.

i just learned from him that the diamond does have a cavity in the pavillion which can be covered by a prong, but i'm concerned about the cavity.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The first diamond has a knot on the crown which I avoid like the plague.
If it gets knocked out and you have a cavity on the crown that gets filled up with gunk and greatly lowers the value of the stone.

Disclaimer: I have worked with gog on them selling my diamond design in the past and may again.

phanct

Rough_Rock
The first diamond has a knot on the crown which I avoid like the plague.
If it gets knocked out and you have a cavity on the crown that gets filled up with gunk and greatly lowers the value of the stone.

Disclaimer: I have worked with gog on them selling my diamond design in the past and may again.

Thank you. I'm going to pass on the local jewellers's stone and I've asked GOG to find me another diamond with better clarity just to put my mind at ease.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results