shape
carat
color
clarity

Any thoughts on these rings...video as well.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, my soon to be SIL has a 2ct OEC and I drool nearly every time I see it. She inherited it from her grandmother. Total sparkle bomb. And F color. :love:

The oval is nice too, but the OEC would be my vote.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in favor of OECs or AVRs anyday, however, do you want an L for an engagement ring? It will be light yellow or ivory in appearance. I'd stick with near colorless (G-J) if you want a stone that faces up in the white to off-white range. I do love the CVB setting, though!

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the OEC, it’s lovely and seems more in line with what you’ve been searching for.

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
@sophiapetrillo I mean they are very very very different! But both beautiful...just depends what you want! Going by your other threads id say the OEC.

Also have you inquired the price of the oval? If its more than you want to spend then at least that eliminates that option!!

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
Actually I am not sure about the OEC...I mean the photos are gorgeous but the report is from EGL USA, which makes me worry about what it will look like in reality

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
The LAD stone is a very good price and I would choose it over any oval, that’s my preference though...

However despite the R colour I would prefer more still this one from LAD for the faceting. Or any avr I suppose, and you build your own setting or buy pre loved.
http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/1-30ct-avr-diamond-in-lad-bella-halo-ags-r-si1/

The OWD price tag is less appealing but worth a inquiry if you like it

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great coverage with the oval but eh about the rest of it (I don’t like modern cuts generally so don’t love the oval).
The LAD L/M is a good size especially with that lovely Dahlia setting - the OWD J is a little smaller but again that setting does give it a little oomph as well as being one of my all time favourite settings.
Tough choice! I’ll always go the OECs over anything modern. Have you seen properly graded lower colours and know you’re ok with them?
OECs usually face up whiter than modern cuts it seems.
What’s your budget all in? What’s most important to you and what’s least?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results