shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with sizing!

Diamondgirl4

Rough_Rock
7E80B963-59E5-4B25-BE9A-2E2483740C3D.jpeg so I ordered a diamond eternity band from a jeweler in NY, she asked me to get sized so I did. My e-ring (that I’ve had for 10yrs) is a 5 but the jewelry store said I’m a 5.5, we decided to go with 5.25 since it was a really hot day when I got sized. Ring came and it was too snug for my liking so I sent back to resize at a 5.75, that came and it’s still a touch too snug for my liking (still leaves a small indent even when I’m cold) I feel like I’m a person who is always puffy so I’m taking thy into consideration but it’s just crazy that I will be sending it back to make it bigger again! I’m wondering your thoughts, should I go to a 6, or just slightly over to 6.125? I’m making myself crazy over the sizing - it’s not even winter yet so I know it will be looser then but I just don’t want to make a mistake on the resize again. Anyone else wear a much bigger size with a man eternity band? I have had 3 kids and my size 5 Ering is tighter than I would like these days but it still seems crazy to go up an entire size!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My finger is a size 4.5 and I size my rings to a 5.5, it’s just more comfortable that way as I too live we’re its hot during the summer and swelling is an issue

I

Irving

I think this is really going to come down to personal preference and comfort. I like to wear my rings quite snug such that on hot days they’ll barely fit. The thing with me is that I have a larger knuckle than the flesh part where the ring sits so I only get the ring big enough to squeeze by the knuckle. I like the rings quite snug so that even an e-ring with a center stone it doesn’t twist and turn. Judging from your pic it looks fine. I’d probably only go up 1/4 or an 1/8 size if you think that’s worth resizing.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From my experience, sizing mandrels are not universal. In one county with one jeweler I am .5 bigger than in another county. Lol. Maybe that could be part of the problem for you?

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5.5 and 6 are 1.3mm different internal circumference so it’s really not much bigger and an eternity is likely wider than your ering which you’ve also said is snugger than you’d like at a size 5. Do you wear a band with your ering currently? Adding bands makes things snugger too

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like rings slightly larger because if they are too small you get sausage fingers and more importantly (for me) it is not comfortable too tight. But I wear everything just slightly loose in general including shoes and clothes lol so take what I write with a grain of salt. It's a personal choice for your comfort and personal aesthetic too. Having written that I will say if it is too loose there are temp adjustments you can make but if it is too tight you are stuck. You can buy things to tighten up the ring but you cannot adjust the ring to make it looser. I always size up one eighth on most of my rings with the exception of my middle ring finger ring which I made over a size larger with sizing bumps to get over my big middle knuckle.

Middle finger ring size bumps. Super comfy (for me).

sizingbeadsoecclusterandfrancesca.JPG

And for my rings on the ring finger either hand that I sized up just a bit I use this when necessary. Works like a charm! Thank you @Dee*Jay for saving me and my rings from my fickle size fluctuating fingers with this option!:appl:

sizingcoilbubbalah.jpg

and please excuse my wrinkly fingers (in water too long haha) but here is a better photo showing you both options. Sizing bumps on my suisse cut plat band and the coil on Bubbalah.

sizingoptionsonrings.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results