shape
carat
color
clarity

The challenge is on. Will you join in?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are willing to step out of the box, there are sometimes deals to be found on faint fancy colored diamonds. This one is interesting and is a .91 VS1 for $2,780. The tint looks more silvery than green to my eyes, and the Strong White Fluorescence is intriguing. The cut isn't perfect, but it looks very sparkly.
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di.../round-cut/0.91-carat-vs1-clarity-sku-5100454

This is my favorite thread ever! It's like a "best hits" of all the unusual diamonds I've considered in the past 6 months!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my favorite thread ever! It's like a "best hits" of all the unusual diamonds I've considered in the past 6 months!
Do you have any to add? :geek2:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is my favorite all time thread too. I will look around for something worthy of posting.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, if only the cut was better I’d buy that.

Just for fun, I figured the approximate weight if the cut was significantly better, i.e. within normal "Pricescope" parameters. It would be approximately .83-.84 carats. That would put it in a lower price per carat bracket, which is exactly why it was cut so steep and deep to keep it at .90 cts. or higher.

Wink

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just for fun, I figured the approximate weight if the cut was significantly better, i.e. within normal "Pricescope" parameters. It would be approximately .83-.84 carats. That would put it in a lower price per carat bracket, which is exactly why it was cut so steep and deep to keep it at .90 cts. or higher.

Wink
It's amazing .07ct can make all the difference in price per carat.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Wink
Yea but a 130 years ago the 40/40 cut was considered good. (with a tiny table and very short lgf%)
And look the IS even has hearts! (the odds of the actual diamond looking like this is zero.)
grin.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, not a round :razz: but pretty damn clean SI1 Asscher:
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/asscher-cut/0.51-carat-f-color-si1-clarity-sku-4276996

With what I think is the other half of the rough crystal it came from being graded SI2 but looking even cleaner!
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/asscher-cut/0.54-carat-f-color-si2-clarity-sku-3181207

Bit expensive for a travel ring, though, unless you turn left when you enter the plane... lol

Oh! That Si1 is gorgeous

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone bought the asschers! It says sold for both of them.

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock

Wink

Newbie here shopping the good cut bargain bin. :naughty:

I know you are a professional and super busy, but would it be possible to just for fun the "looks like" numbers on this one for me, please? If you have the time.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...rat-h-color-vvs2-clarity-good-cut-sku-5588889

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow, my diamond above says “sold” now!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone bought the asschers! It says sold for both of them.
I recommended them in another thread and I think they are currently on hold waiting for ASETs!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recommended them in another thread and I think they are currently on hold waiting for ASETs!
Wait... I probably shouldn't say I recommend anything...

As noted by someone else in their signature (which I must steal for mine!) I'm also no expert and only suggest things that I think look good to my eyes, so I wouldn't want people to be laying down thousands on my word alone!! :eek2:

There is a fine line between showing someone a possible road and actually leading them down it... Please do pick me up on it if I do the latter, everyone! :oops2:

I like to try to be helpful, but I don't want to do anyone financial or emotional damage through a mistake :oops:

PS is great :) but the burden of potentially influencing very expensive decisions feels scary at times!

Anyway, off topic and probably just me having a sensitive day... :confused2: lol

As you were!

Last edited:

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yea but a 130 years ago the 40/40 cut was considered good. (with a tiny table and very short lgf%)
And look the IS even has hearts! (the odds of the actual diamond looking like this is zero.)
grin.jpg

LOL, Karl, what I like are the little dunce hats between the Arrows. The ones with the tiny white tips at the pointed end of the hat.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Newbie here shopping the good cut bargain bin. :naughty:

I know you are a professional and super busy, but would it be possible to just for fun the "looks like" numbers on this one for me, please? If you have the time.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...rat-h-color-vvs2-clarity-good-cut-sku-5588889

As a trade member here, it would be inappropriate for me to critique another member's diamond. There are many non trade members here who can give you an excellent opinion on the cut quality of the diamond you were looking at.

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock
As a trade member here, it would be inappropriate for me to critique another member's diamond. There are many non trade members here who can give you an excellent opinion on the cut quality of the diamond you were looking at.

Oh, that's ok. Thanks for letting me know!
I had come up with my own numbers (1.15-1.17) and was wondering if I was close. I will start my own thread and ask some non-trade members. Thanks again!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I decided to look at a different shape than we're used to looking for...a radiant!

So look at this cute I1 I found! I love the cut outside the table and the pretty shape. Looks to have decent light return (actually,
pretty darn good for a radiant). Has a pretty nice faceting pattern under the table. Love the shape of the table too.

I'm guessing the I1 is coming from the upper left hand corner. Something going on there but doesnt look all that bad if you
asked me.

All and all, over 1 carat, G colored stone, nice light return but questionable eye cleanliness...for under $2k. Not bad.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@tyty333 thar’a a great find! I wish J.A. had the GIA certs up so we could look closer at it!

Well done!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results