shape
carat
color
clarity

First time buyer - Rank these three options

jeayboog

Rough_Rock
Hey all,

I am a first time buyer and I've been lurking on this forum for a good two weeks now. It has been very beneficial from understanding NOTHING about diamonds a few weeks to ago, to being a little more comfortable. I have decided to make my purchase on James Allen and I have narrowed my search to these three diamonds. Initially I was leaning towards the first one due to the carat size and proportions, however the picture looks horrible. What are your thoughts on the three and how would you rank them? Which one will perform better? Which one should I eliminate immediately? Your help is greatly appreciated!!!

Option 1:
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...-color-vvs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-4008851
IMG_5979.jpg
Depth 61.1
Table % 56
Crown Angle: 33.5
Pavilion angle: 40.8

Option 2:
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...-color-vvs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-5342053
IMG_5980.jpg
Depth: 61.7
Table %: 58
Crown Angle: 35
Pavilion Angle: 40.8

Option 3:
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...-color-vvs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-4634570
IMG_5978.jpg
Depth: 61.9
Table % 56
Crown Angle: 34
Pavilion Angle: 41

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont love any of these, to be honest. And you'd need an ASET/IS image for all of them. James Allen is pretty overpriced right now. Are you open to other vendors?

crbl999

Brilliant_Rock
I dont love any of these, to be honest. And you'd need an ASET/IS image for all of them. James Allen is pretty overpriced right now. Are you open to other vendors?

Agreed. Is there a reason for the high clarity? You could easily go lower in clarity in this size and maximize the other C's.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree - not a fan of either of the three. The images speak for themselves. The ones suggested above might give you what you are looking for.

beardog

Rough_Rock
Just asking one noob to another, have you checked ags/gia stones in person to see what the clarity/color looks like in real life? Asking because when I first started looking I was frightened by the J Allen mega zoom showing every imperfection.
Do you have a Max size in mind?
With what your budget looks like I think by bumping the clarity & color down a tad, which you may not notice the effects of in real life you can go Super ideal with a bigger CT.
Love dogs posted awesome options

jeayboog

Rough_Rock
You guys are right. After your feedback I think it's best to go down in clarity and bump up the carats closer to 1.2. I am now looking for a diamond close to 1.2 for under 10K or in that range.

beardog

Rough_Rock
You guys are right. After your feedback I think it's best to go down in clarity and bump up the carats closer to 1.2. I am now looking for a diamond close to 1.2 for under 10K or in that range.
Any luck? Have you checked the signature lines at whiteflash with your desired specs?
If you're willing to do to an 'I' color you could probably go up to around1.4, I'll be getting my ACA I in next week so I'll be better able to vouch for how the noticable hue is then. If not I'm sure you can find at least a 'h' around 1.2 with your budget.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results