shape
carat
color
clarity

ACA princess cut help

star18

Rough_Rock
hi! Princess cut experts - what do you think of this diamond compared to the second? I’m seeing the smaller table.. good or bad? I’m thinking it adds something to the “fire”factor. I also just like the way it looks/ kind of gives it a “lift” at the top of that makes sense.... will it be noticeable AT ALL in real life tho? I own the second diamond...
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-3967307.htm?source=pricescope

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-3935431.htm

Mine is “cleaner” at vvs2 and is a pretty white H Which I don’t know about the other unless i ask.

Would love your opinions. Thanks!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you say you own it, have you literally just bought it and are having 'what if' thoughts?

That is common... lol

star18

Rough_Rock
When you say you own it, have you literally just bought it and are having 'what if' thoughts?

That is common... lol

No I’ve owned it about a year. But I could trade it in lol hmmm

star18

Rough_Rock
I prefer the small table stone, and the other is sold anyway

The other one is mine:) I have the link saved. I bought it last year. Does the smaller table add any height to the top of the diamond IRL?

I think I would be able to have them set this other one in my ring, they’re almost the same size.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone you are considering has a smaller table and a greater crown height and angle so yes, it will have a puffier top, which will also produce more fire. While I do really like this about the H VS2, I am concerned about the feather that is right on the corner so I would probably advise against it. Princess cuts are fragile because of their corners and the feather right at that spot just seems like a chip waiting to happen.

Another thing to note is that the H VS2 is ever so slightly elongated compared to your new stone...don't know if you care about that at all.

star18

Rough_Rock
The stone you are considering has a smaller table and a greater crown height and angle so yes, it will have a puffier top, which will also produce more fire. While I do really like this about the H VS2, I am concerned about the feather that is right on the corner so I would probably advise against it. Princess cuts are fragile because of their corners and the feather right at that spot just seems like a chip waiting to happen.

Another thing to note is that the H VS2 is ever so slightly elongated compared to your new stone...don't know if you care about that at all.

Ohh I see the feather now in the corner. You don’t think v tip prongs will protect that? I appreciate your insight so much. Thank you for the explanation.

That crown height/table is speaking to me, ugh. I messaged WF earlier to take a look at it for me (my ring/stone is there now for resizing so they can compare).

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohh I see the feather now in the corner. You don’t think v tip prongs will protect that? I appreciate your insight so much. Thank you for the explanation.

That crown height/table is speaking to me, ugh. I messaged WF earlier to take a look at it for me (my ring/stone is there now for resizing so they can compare).

Yes, the v tip prongs would be more protective, but I guess I just wouldn't want to take the risk. However, I suppose that's what insurance is for in the event anything were to happen. Call your WF rep and ask about the feather and the durability concern. I know it's something we generally avoid, but ultimately you have to be the one comfortable with it.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think that WF would grant ACA status to anything with a durability risk from an inclusion, but perhaps @Texas Leaguer might be able to confirm!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don't think that WF would grant ACA status to anything with a durability risk from an inclusion, but perhaps @Texas Leaguer might be able to confirm!
Yes, we are quite vigilant about potential durability issues. Inclusions in the corners of princess cuts receive special scrutiny in our review process.

The most critical phase is the actual setting of the diamond as pressure has to be applied on the corner to set the stone securely. We naturally want to avoid any costly mishaps in our shop!

Once the stone is set securely, the V-tip does offer excellent protection for daily wear.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the small table on the H VS2! That is a really nice princess cut!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, should've clarified that I wasn't concerned the feather would post an inherent durability risk, more so how WF felt about the durability while setting the diamond as @Texas Leaguer said it does add pressure to the corner and is when the stone is most at risk.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, we are quite vigilant about potential durability issues. Inclusions in the corners of princess cuts receive special scrutiny in our review process.

The most critical phase is the actual setting of the diamond as pressure has to be applied on the corner to set the stone securely. We naturally want to avoid any costly mishaps in our shop!

Once the stone is set securely, the V-tip does offer excellent protection for daily wear.
Thank you for your reply, kind sir! :))

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sorry, should've clarified that I wasn't concerned the feather would post an inherent durability risk, more so how WF felt about the durability while setting the diamond as @Texas Leaguer said it does add pressure to the corner and is when the stone is most at risk.
Yes. And of course, we are fully responsible for that risk if we are doing the setting.

star18

Rough_Rock
I love the small table on the H VS2! That is a really nice princess cut!

Right! Well I talked to Becca and while both are really nice she said she really likes mine. Both are beautiful. She said the H VS2 does have a tiny bit more fire but overall the faceting of mine is nicer (I think that’s what she said, My brain is fried today). She of course described more detail, my diamond has more red in the center/table - the other more blue. Also she was mentioning something about the crown angle of the H VS2 looking flatter from the side. —I’m not sure I understood that completely, as I assumed the smaller table would be “puffy” from the top and side. Maybe she was describing the flatter crown lending to this. ?

I actually forgot to ask about the feather lol and she didn’t mention it.

It seems everyone here likes the smaller table better (many of the princess diamonds they have right now I noticed have smaller tables) but she saw them in person and i didn’t. Wish I could!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results