shape
carat
color
clarity

RB Solitaire E-Ring Advice

N

nj12345

Hi everyone - it's actually Puppy4248 with the asscher engagement ring but it's been so long that I can't remember the email I used for that account, so here I am until Pricescope's IT can figure out how to help me. Sorry! :confused:

Anyway, a family member of mine is looking to get engaged, and here is basically what the couple likes:

- approx 3.5 carat round brilliant
-simple solitaire with double claw prongs (like Brilliantly Engaged and Harry Winston examples I've included). Simple band like in the Brilliantly Engaged photos.

Apologies if these are basic questions discussed ad nauseum, but I couldn't find answers for this specific style:

1.) Could this style be made as delicately via cast to save some $ or should it be handforged (they want the prongs to be refined and pointy like in the pics)?

2.) Does one save a lot of money by researching diamonds, and then bringing the selected diamond to a vendor to set vs working with the vendor from sourcing through completion? Not sure if there are hefty fees for sourcing diamonds and I don't want to offend vendors by asking...

3.) Any recommendations for Los Angeles/west coast vendors able to do this simple style but with the same quality - I know Victor Canera is of course terrific but the pricing on his website is definitely the highest I've seen for this style, though understandably given his technique. Would love to know of any other recs just to see the options out here.

As always, thank you all in advance for your helpfulness!!!

BE_2.jpg BE_1.jpg HW setting.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! :wavey: I'd say I am perfectly fine with a cast solitaire. I've worn a Vatche one for several years and it is fine. I believe Tiffany settings are mostly cast, so high end solitaires certainly are often cast. Yes, the prongs can be done as claws, but only by a skilled bench. That said, it would be fabulous to set a diamond in one of Victor's solitaires as they are just gorgeous. In the LA area, many people here use David Klass for custom cast settings.

Unless buying a stone and setting from Victor, I'd go with finding the best stone and then if that vendor does the type setting you want, have them make it. Otherwise buy just the stone and then have it set elsewhere. If you can tell us the budget, we could suggest some diamonds.

N

nj12345

@diamondseeker2006 - thank you so much! And I didn't realize David Klass was in LA, thank you for that - he will be on the list as well. It is a bit early in their search so if for whatever reason we don't end up taking a diamond with one of those guys, I'll probably be back on here asking for help knowing me :lol: Thank you again!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results