carat
color
clarity

Opinions on Mixed Metal Stackables

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello, Everyone!

I’ve wavered back & forth on adding Rose Gold to my existing collection. I have become very fond of RG, and I’d love to integrate it with my WG set, and other rings for some extra POP!

I played a little bit, today.
What do you think?

6224266B-2C15-4FD2-9219-DEE68E74B86E.jpeg EA494B4C-A8C2-4004-BD5E-7592EC0EBB54.jpeg F204BEC1-2669-4D9D-99F2-40BB9E5B904E.jpeg 602F31A4-2A7C-4981-9FB2-BE9878A49E26.jpeg

I really love the marquise w/rounds band; I have had my eye on this style for quite some time. I love it with my set because it’s different, but similar. The metal mix is what really makes it pop, and I really like it!
I tried another straight RG band with bead set rounds with my set, as well, but didn’t realize I never snapped a photo of it, while I had it on. :oops2:
The millgrain detail was so fine & elegant. It was difficult to tell which I like more, so I’ve decided to place them both on my wish list of stackers, for future. :lol-2:
My priority is my Asscher Anniversary Band. ;)2
Note: You’ll notice I’m missing my WR in these photos. There is a loose stone, and she will be in repair until tomorrow. :cry2:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE mixed metals! Interesting, fun, edgy, and a bit carefree vibe!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think mixed metals look great on you. They look awful when I try it, though. What's up with that?! :wall:

All of your rings are gorgeous, by the way.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think mixed metals look great on you. They look awful when I try it, though. What's up with that?! :wall:

All of your rings are gorgeous, by the way.

Awe!! Thank you!! :bigsmile:
That was my concern: the RG wouldn’t look as good with my skin tone, but I was pleased to see it looks good. I’m not a fan of YG on me, though. I have very few pieces of YG...and they just sit, locked up, with nowhere to go. :(2

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rose gold band @Matthews1127! I love the combination with you anniversary band!:love:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rose gold band @Matthews1127! I love the combination with you anniversary band!:love:

Thank you!! Initially, I was apprehensive because I thought the design may make the combination look to fussy, but when I put them together, they really looked great! The thin, straight RG band with the bear set rounds is more subtle, but still very beautiful. I need to go back and get snap shots of that band, tomorrow, and share them! They are both gorgeous, and look so different with my set! I just can’t choose!! :lol-2:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!! Initially, I was apprehensive because I thought the design may make the combination look to fussy, but when I put them together, they really looked great! The thin, straight RG band with the bear set rounds is more subtle, but still very beautiful. I need to go back and get snap shots of that band, tomorrow, and share them! They are both gorgeous, and look so different with my set! I just can’t choose!! :lol-2:
I think that you probably didn’t take a picture of the other band because you liked this one more :P2
It is a bit unusual while still very pretty!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that you probably didn’t take a picture of the other band because you liked this one more :P2
It is a bit unusual while still very pretty!

I think you might be on to something...lol!!
I was also juggling several different rings, and had my hands “full”. ;)2
At one point, I had all 4 on one finger...lol!!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you might be on to something...lol!!
I was also juggling several different rings, and had my hands “full”. ;)2
At one point, I had all 4 on one finger...lol!!

Haha! Don’t rush your decision, see them again and pick the one you like better :)

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! Don’t rush your decision, see them again and pick the one you like better :)

I have to go back, tomorrow, to pick up my WR. I’ll get some photos & post them here.
I’m thinking, if I’m patient enough, I’ll get them both....Anniversaries are made for diamonds....lol!!! :lol-2:
Besides, I’m super focused on my Asscher band, right now. I’m DYING to get that started!!! :cool2:

KirstLWA

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Looks great!

I love the mixed metal look :kiss2:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think mixed metal is great and actually don’t feel right if everything in a stack is the same colour. It’s like it’s too matchy matchy for me. The RG looks lovely in the mix you’ve got. I think a thin plain band would look great too if you wanted to add to it.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I mix metals all the time. My Mary Jane OEC halo is platinum with rose gold, and a lot of my CVB bands (Norah, Sophia, Alexandria) are yellow gold so I’m all over the shop!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I mix metals all the time. My Mary Jane OEC halo is platinum with rose gold, and a lot of my CVB bands (Norah, Sophia, Alexandria) are yellow gold so I’m all over the shop!

I wish I liked YG on me, more. My mother’s thin, YG wedding band would go really well with stackers! I might have to see how it all looks, together, or just between the RG & YG, on my RH.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the rose gold band with your set. I love rose too and feel like if you love, you wear it! Beautiful set!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the rose gold band with your set. I love rose too and feel like if you love, you wear it! Beautiful set!

Thank you!!! I’m growing more & more fond of RG!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like that stack!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it looks great together. I would be interested to see what the yellow gold looks like on you. I always thought rose gold looked iffy on me but I just bought an antique curb bracelet and it looks good.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I'm going to be the lone voice of dissent. I think the rose gold is too eyecatching and draws the eye away from your two other bands. Perhaps if you had the rose gold on top, it wouldn't draw the eye away as much from your engagement ring.

I've also seen plain matte gold and rose gold bands within white gold stacks that didn't draw the eye quite as much.

Besides, I’m super focused on my Asscher band, right now. I’m DYING to get that started!!!
Actually, I think you should go full steam ahead with the asscher band and not get distracted by others!!! :twisted:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to be the lone voice of dissent. I think the rose gold is too eyecatching and draws the eye away from your two other bands. Perhaps if you had the rose gold on top, it wouldn't draw the eye away as much from your engagement ring.

I've also seen plain matte gold and rose gold bands within white gold stacks that didn't draw the eye quite as much.

Actually, I think you should go full steam ahead with the asscher band and not get distracted by others!!! :twisted:

I appreciate your perspective. This is why I waver: not 100% convinced it’s subtle, and doesn’t blend with my skin tone. My skin color has always been termed “peaches n cream”, so, I wasn’t sure if RG would even show up well on me.
I tried on the straight, bead set RG band with my RHR, on top, and it looked really awesome! However, it looked so awesome, on one side, that I’d want another one, against the other side to make it more cohesive...lol!
The idea of staying distracted is because I’m not able to go full steam ahead with the Asscher Band....just yet. ;)2
Soon....I keep telling myself....lol!! Soon.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As a guy who wears mixed metals (22k YG wedding band with my late grandfather’s pure platinum band stacked in front of it), I’m in favour of them.

I like the look you have on those three rings @Matthews1127

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a guy who wears mixed metals (22k YG wedding band with my late grandfather’s pure platinum band stacked in front of it), I’m in favour of them.

I like the look you have on those three rings @Matthews1127

Thank you!!! :mrgreen2: I’m sure your mixed pair shows, quite nicely!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results