shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this OMC cluster cutie?

acv123

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes I agree with @canuk-gal. I would return the ring. if you weren't asking I wouldn't say anything but unless they are super filthy (and as @Jimmianne wisely suggested clean them really well) I would return them. They don't look bright and blingy.

However your opinion is what counts and if you are in love with this ring then enjoy. The setting is beautiful I agree.

Thank you, I appreciate your honesty. I think they look better now that its super clean but they are still a bit grey toned when compared to a modern stone of a higher color. I don't think this is the BEST way to think about it but I've definitely seen less bright more included stones for a much higher price in somewhat similar rings. Definitely going to have to think about it :wink2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, I appreciate your honesty. I think they look better now that its super clean but they are still a bit grey toned when compared to a modern stone of a higher color. I don't think this is the BEST way to think about it but I've definitely seen less bright more included stones for a much higher price in somewhat similar rings. Definitely going to have to think about it :wink2:

Yes it's a tough decision but if you aren't sure I would lean towards returning it. The diamonds aren't well cut from what I can tell and while the setting is pretty I don't know that it is worth the price if you don't love the whole package. Plus the grading of the diamonds are probably very wrong since it is not from reputable lab. So assume it is inaccurate and that the grades are probably quite a bit lower in color and clarity. Good luck with your decision.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to say
If you love it, keep it!
BUT
I will say that at least twice I have listened to Missy when she suggested returning rings, and things turned out very well : )
as I then found exactly what I wanted.

They do look sparklier, and I know they must look even better in person...hard choice!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can tell the difference in the rings in the latest photo shoot!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes it's a tough decision but if you aren't sure I would lean towards returning it. The diamonds aren't well cut from what I can tell and while the setting is pretty I don't know that it is worth the price if you don't love the whole package. Plus the grading of the diamonds are probably very wrong since it is not from reputable lab. So assume it is inaccurate and that the grades are probably quite a bit lower in color and clarity. Good luck with your decision.

I have to ditto missy...I'm not loving the stones (but then its not for me). I'd rather have less stones but better looking (trade off).

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I just let one get away. Had my eye on a ring and someone put it on hold. So I’m disappointed. All this to say, ask yourself if you will feel disappointed after you return your ring.

acv123

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So I just let one get away. Had my eye on a ring and someone put it on hold. So I’m disappointed. All this to say, ask yourself if you will feel disappointed after you return your ring.

I saw that! was that the old cut stone with sapphires?
Did you end up getting the other one?

acv123

Shiny_Rock
Premium
To add more confusion into the mix I bought a double row half eternity ring which cost $300 less than the antique ring with omcs. It has old mine or old european cut stones, 14 of them for a total of 1.25 carats making each one around .09. I prefer it to the omc cluster cutie which I think I will be returning, its too much money for something I'm not totally satisfied with.

What do you think of the new ring? I don't think the current setting while nice is the absolute best for the stones. It makes them look pretty modern. I'd love to one day see these stones in a single stone style Becca band (individual square settings in a band).

Including some pics of the cluster cutie alongside the new double row ring just for comparisons sake. I can imagine wearing the double row ring as a travel ring along with a plainish gold band like in the last pic.

IMG_5056.jpg
IMG_5018.jpg IMG_5021.jpg IMG_5023.jpg IMG_5038.jpg IMG_5042.jpg IMG_5053.jpg IMG_5047.jpg IMG_5060.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5035.jpg
    IMG_5035.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 9
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results