shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond shop in Vancouver or Toronto

TUTU

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Could you please advise a good diamond vendor in Vancouver or Toronto where I can come and see in person well cut diamonds budget about 10K-13K? I'll be there in March. I haven't found a satisfied well cut diamond in Dubai or Abu Dhabi (sure I haven't visited Cartier or such). I knew about JA or WF but hesitate to order online such high value purchase.

Another concern about recut...can I have a poor cut diamond recut to be an ideal one? I think of this kind of purchase as the price seems OK. this is a 1.6 carat D VS1 GIA1182796614. How much smaller will it be after being recut?

Thank you very much.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My advice is that you go with a US giant (JA) or a reputable boutique store (WF) or a vendor with presence in US and EU (CBI) assuming you are from Dubai. The retail environment in Vancouver should be not different from Dubai. You cannot just walk into a store and expect to find a well cut diamond within your budget according to your specification. With online US vendors, you get more options and arguably better pricing and upgrade policy. They provide you with videos and images that brick and mortor retailers just don't.

Having that said, if you come to Vancouver, try Richmond Centre and Aberdeen Centre in Richmond, just south of the city of Vancouver and YVR Airport. There is Lukfook Jewellery at Aberdeen Centre, which is a Hong Kong based retailer. There are other stores as well. Because their target customers are rich yet savvy immigrants from Hong Kong who go back and forth between Vancouver and Hong Kong, they directly compete with retailers in Hong Kong. You should be able to find a decent GIA stone at a reasonable price. Make sure you haggle. At the worst, you can still try the best dimsum in North America when you are in Richmond.

Good luck.

Last edited:

princessk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Try any of the vendors listed as wholesalers in the "Vancouver Block" on Granville Street in downtown Van. This is the name of the building that houses most of Vancouvers jewellery mart Google and call to make appointment with one that is open to public Tell them what you are looking for and they will have it for your appointment Much better pricing than mall stores Dimsum is good but I would stay way from Aberdeen unless you speak fluent Chinese to get a good deal!!!

Not to mention the deal you will get as the canadian dollar is so low
for example if ring is $20,000 CAD you pay approx $16,000 USD

Last edited:

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try any of the vendors listed as wholesalers in the "Vancouver Block" on Granville Street in downtown Van. This is the name of the building that houses most of Vancouvers jewellery mart Google and call to make appointment with one that is open to public Tell them what you are looking for and they will have it for your appointment Much better pricing than mall stores Dimsum is good but I would stay way from Aberdeen unless you speak fluent Chinese to get a good deal!!!
That's another option.
https://vancouverdiamonds.ca/
Josh is a good person. I met him once, although I did not end up buying from him.
These stores (I should say "offices") don't have any diamond in stock. As princessk said, you need to call ahead and make an appointment and they will bring in some stones for you. It is not the most ideal for a foreign visitor, but if you can make this arrangement, they offer the best pricing, often matching online vendors.

TUTU

Rough_Rock
Thanks a lot for your information Flyingpig and Princessk.
I will try to arrange appointment for the diamonds view in advance.

TUTU

Rough_Rock
My advice is that you go with a US giant (JA) or a reputable boutique store (WF) or a vendor with presence in US and EU (CBI) assuming you are from Dubai. The retail environment in Vancouver should be not different from Dubai. You cannot just walk into a store and expect to find a well cut diamond within your budget according to your specification. With online US vendors, you get more options and arguably better pricing and upgrade policy. They provide you with videos and images that brick and mortor retailers just don't.

Having that said, if you come to Vancouver, try Richmond Centre and Aberdeen Centre in Richmond, just south of the city of Vancouver and YVR Airport. There is Lukfook Jewellery at Aberdeen Centre, which is a Hong Kong based retailer. There are other stores as well. Because their target customers are rich yet savvy immigrants from Hong Kong who go back and forth between Vancouver and Hong Kong, they directly compete with retailers in Hong Kong. You should be able to find a decent GIA stone at a reasonable price. Make sure you haggle. At the worst, you can still try the best dimsum in North America when you are in Richmond.

Good luck.

Well, it's good to know that best dimsum is there...sure i will try it ...Big thanks :twirl:

TUTU

Rough_Rock
That's another option.
https://vancouverdiamonds.ca/
Josh is a good person. I met him once, although I did not end up buying from him.
These stores (I should say "offices") don't have any diamond in stock. As princessk said, you need to call ahead and make an appointment and they will bring in some stones for you. It is not the most ideal for a foreign visitor, but if you can make this arrangement, they offer the best pricing, often matching online vendors.
Hi...

I guess this website is also an online vendor. Similarly, I once asked JA if i could view a diamond prior making my decision. The staff told me that I had to pay first for them to order the diamond to their office.
Therefore, I am quite confused with how to set it up...please help clarify!

Thanks

tfc_diamondlvr

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Not to mention the deal you will get as the canadian dollar is so low
for example if ring is $20,000 CAD you pay approx $16,000 USD

Damn that Canadian dollar! I'm glad others can benefit from our lower dollar :lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

I know out of all of the jewelers along Spadina (chinatown), Yonge street, Markham the only folks who gave my brother a fair deal for his diamond when he traded it in was Mark Lash in Richmond Hill.

I'm not sure if they'll have a flawless diamond, but it's a pretty large brick and mortar store. If you're in the area, you can certainly give them a try. And....there's also fantastic Asian food around that area too! I can certainly recommend with more authority the food than the jeweler stores in that area :mrgreen2::mrgreen2:

Good luck!! Let us know what you find here in the good ol' North!

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi...
I guess this website is also an online vendor. Similarly, I once asked JA if i could view a diamond prior making my decision. The staff told me that I had to pay first for them to order the diamond to their office.
Therefore, I am quite confused with how to set it up...please help clarify!
Thanks

Most diamonds on vendors' websites are kept and owned by diamond manufacturers. It is also called virtual inventory. To reduce inventory, security, inventory cost and to offer more selections, most vendors have chosen to bring in diamonds from diamond manufacturers as needed and as requested by customers. Vendors require a refundable deposit, ranging from $0 to the full price. Most online focused vendors, including JA and others, require the full price. Some brick and mortar retailers require $100~$300. In some cases, there is no deposit required. You need to contact each vendor and find out what their virtual inventory and diamond viewing policy is.

TUTU

Rough_Rock
Damn that Canadian dollar! I'm glad others can benefit from our lower dollar :lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

I know out of all of the jewelers along Spadina (chinatown), Yonge street, Markham the only folks who gave my brother a fair deal for his diamond when he traded it in was Mark Lash in Richmond Hill.

I'm not sure if they'll have a flawless diamond, but it's a pretty large brick and mortar store. If you're in the area, you can certainly give them a try. And....there's also fantastic Asian food around that area too! I can certainly recommend with more authority the food than the jeweler stores in that area :mrgreen2::mrgreen2:

Good luck!! Let us know what you find here in the good ol' North!
Thank you for the info...I will contact Markham:loopy:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results