shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I stack

emilyv85

Rough_Rock
first time poster here *waves*

I’d like to get some stacking rings with stones for each my kid’s birth months. My ering and wedding band are pretty matcha matchy and thick (3 mm band) so I wasn’t sure if it’d look good with more rings.

6E144D21-351F-4D47-BAC4-8FC180C67ADD.jpeg

What do you guys think? Can I fit another three rings on there? What styles would you recommend to match the carre cuts?

Thanks!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely set you have :shock: I think you may struggle to get three in. Personally I would go smaller on the widths and have some try totally different cuts, round brilliant or mixed perhaps. You could also try yellow gold or a partially engraved band with a scattered gemstone in it to mix it up a bit. What are the birth stones?

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like you have room to stack but it's really up to you and how comfortable it is once you do. That will also depend on the width of the rings you plan on purchasing - I suggest no more than 2mm if you plan on getting 2 more on there! Tiffany has a thin metro bands you could try on and plenty of people have thin bands like this that you may want to try on before you buy:
https://www.bluenile.com/riviera-pi...rose-gold_19140?track=similarItems&elem=offer

emilyv85

Rough_Rock
Thanks! It’d be ruby, diamond, and tourmaline.

Lovely set you have :shock: I think you may struggle to get three in. Personally I would go smaller on the widths and have some try totally different cuts, round brilliant or mixed perhaps. You could also try yellow gold or a partially engraved band with a scattered gemstone in it to mix it up a bit. What are the birth stones?

emilyv85

Rough_Rock
I was eyeing those 1.5 mm ones but wasn’t sure if it’d look good with what I have now. Thanks for the advice!
It looks like you have room to stack but it's really up to you and how comfortable it is once you do. That will also depend on the width of the rings you plan on purchasing - I suggest no more than 2mm if you plan on getting 2 more on there! Tiffany has a thin metro bands you could try on and plenty of people have thin bands like this that you may want to try on before you buy:
https://www.bluenile.com/riviera-pi...rose-gold_19140?track=similarItems&elem=offer

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks! It’d be ruby, diamond, and tourmaline.

You could combine the ruby and diamond birthstones perhaps and do a separate tourmaline one, just something to consider if the stack is getting too big.

jadesilver

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You could do just one ring with three stones. Three rings may be uncomfortable even if they’re thin and it limits finger movement and makes your current set feel even tighter.

M

MTHealthyLiving

first time poster here *waves*

I’d like to get some stacking rings with stones for each my kid’s birth months. My ering and wedding band are pretty matcha matchy and thick (3 mm band) so I wasn’t sure if it’d look good with more rings.

6E144D21-351F-4D47-BAC4-8FC180C67ADD.jpeg

What do you guys think? Can I fit another three rings on there? What styles would you recommend to match the carre cuts?

Thanks!

Beautiful set!

I personally have spent the last three months, and have ordered (and returned) at least a dozen different bands to stack with my wedding set, and NOTHING goes well with my 3mm channel set band. For some reason that channel set band just throws every look I’ve tried to achieve off. So I gave up on trying to stack with it.
I put my rings for my son on my right hand, built a new stack without my wedding band, and just wear the wedding band on days I don’t want tons of bling.
Perhaps someone has some good suggestions to offer, but I’m sure whatever you decide will be beautiful!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't stack anything next to my wedding ring.

I'd put other rings (that aren't my wedding or engagement ring) on one of my other fingers.

Last edited:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you could easily fit another 1-3 bands in. They would probably need to be super narrow 1-1.5mm ruby/diamond/tourmaline ones. They don’t have to all be the same width and IMO a stack looks better (or more interesting) when the bands are different widths, metals or textures.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results