shape
carat
color
clarity

Will classic 6 prong solitaire work for cushion?

P

PierreBear

Hi PSers! The 6 prong solitaire look from Tiffany, WF, Vatache, CVB Jovyn always seems to charm me, especially when paired with that eternity wedding band. I suppose it is timeless for a reason but would this work with a cushion shape? Or is the charm of this look the perfect symmetry? My dream proportions are around the 3 carat mark, which @msop04 first changed my world! Would appreciate ya'lls thoughts whether that setting would look good with something that wasn't perfectly round. Does anyone have an example they can share with if they went this route? Thanks in advance!

P

PierreBear

Thank you for the help! I appreciate it! Think I'm more drawn to a round in that 6 prong setting and that Boston Jeff look for the cushion. Hope ya'll have a great day.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the help! I appreciate it! Think I'm more drawn to a round in that 6 prong setting and that Boston Jeff look for the cushion. Hope ya'll have a great day.

Yes me too. For a cushion I find the 4 prong Boston Jeff setting more pleasing than the 6 prong I prefer for a round stone. However of course it is all personal taste. I just find a cushion shape most pleasing in a more cushion like setting vs making it appear more roundish in a 6 prong. Just like I prefer a round in a more round setting. If that makes sense.

Good luck PB!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, @PierreBear! I think you’ll love wearing a 3 ct in a soli — and the Boston Jeff is sooo perfect!! :love:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a much smaller cushion in a six prong. I have been considering having it reset to a four prong to accentuate the cushiony-ness. img_13526.jpg
IMG_5825.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't remember if Boston Jeff's ring had 4 single prongs or 4 double prongs, but on a larger stone, I might consider the double.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results