shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I change the prong color? And opinion on band color? tia

mselle

Rough_Rock
So I am going with a cushion -- 0.72 Carat K Color VS1 Clarity/ideal ( https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/0.72-carat-k-color-vs1-clarity-sku-3585871 ) (thanks flyingpig)

and this setting:

upload_2017-11-21_17-28-29.png

So my question is, do you think the prongs would look better as-is or rose gold, due to the K colored stone? Would it make a difference? Would rose colored prongs make the stone look smaller? ?? Any thoughts ??

I will be adding the matching band, and I really want to get the white gold one:

upload_2017-11-21_17-32-38.png

Do you think this might look bad with the K colored stone? Band stone avg color: F to G.

If there's a question of looking crappy, I'd just get the rose gold band, but I prefer the white gold one..

Your input, opinion, etc would be super appreciated! :loopy:

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you the wearer?

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's just my opinion, so take it for what it's worth - free;)2

I am not sure that these two would go together. I think that if you want to mix metals, I would suggest choosing a band that doesn't match. I think if you have the matching band in a different color metal it will look like the are mismatched, where as if you choose a different band completely it seems more of an artistic choice.

Or maybe even leave as you planned and then add a fun RG band to the stack.

Congratulations!

mselle

Rough_Rock
That is JA's "matched" band, but I understand what you're saying. This is all quite new to me, lol. I am not finding myself fond of completely mismatched. Is this one better? I feel like I want and need a certain quotient that "matches." And for some reason, I have it in my head to have the band be white gold. I do not know why lol. And if there may be a discrepency with the colors - that idea is prob no good. This band, avg color H-I.

eta - JA has a 25% off Black Friday sale until the weekend, so really need to move on the idea soon. :) I'm tempted to order several knowing I'll send some back. I hate to be "that" shopper, though.

Thanks!

upload_2017-11-21_19-1-26.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-21_18-58-39.png
    upload_2017-11-21_18-58-39.png
    151.8 KB · Views: 11

mselle

Rough_Rock
Another -- and I think I really like this one -- thoughts?

upload_2017-11-21_19-14-8.png

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
b8e5905698710801905ac349fe252caf--mismatched-wedding-bands-wedding-sets.jpg
f5d624320502246b0b8bbc62b14a765a--mixed-metals-rose-gold-bands.jpg

67e91966c895abb210a0aa8523f09daa--amazing-engagement-rings-solitaire-engagement-rings.jpg

Sorry the images are so large. I found them on Pintrest and didn't know how to resize.

Maybe go to a local store and play around with different settings to see what appeals to you most. Also, JA has a great return policy, just be sure that your not ordering a custom piece, as I believe they are no-refundable.

I personally like the last photo the best, even though the ER is YG, I think you could easily do RG/WG/RG. I feel like it works because while they compliment each other, it's not to "matchy".

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
White metal prongs for me.

When is your wedding? I'd really recommend you get the E-ring and wear it for a while. Visit shops and try a bunch of options. The paved diamonds stones on that ering are tiny tiny 36 stone, .25 ctw - .007 ct per stone - putting them around 1.4 mm each). So, they will mostly offer texture and tiny flashes. They are just too small to make huge flashes. So, you might want to wear it for a bit before you decide if you want more little flashes, big flashes or a totally different shape.

For the wedding band, I totally agree that with @Octo2005 that when you mix metals, you should be deliberate. I personally don't see any of the choices as deliberate enough for me. Also, just a head's up that something like #2 will likely need a spacer or the prongs on the two ring will 'eat' each other. Something like this is more deliberate and, I think, quite pretty in one metal color.

upload_2017-11-21_20-45-36.jpeg

mixed metals
upload_2017-11-21_20-46-46.jpeg

mselle

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much. When I read "deliberate," I see/think ... very... contrasting. Very different styles. I don't really like that? Perhaps that makes me traditional? :) I'm old, so that's not too surprising lol.

I like Octo2005's third image and would like even better to get rid of the middle band.

rockysalamder -- those pics confuse me lol. They mix so many styles. I mean, it is gorgeous, but it is overload for me. I need/want more simple. More matching. Just personal preference! But you do like the white prongs then... Why, if you don't mind me asking?

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much. When I read "deliberate," I see/think ... very... contrasting. Very different styles. I don't really like that? Perhaps that makes me traditional? :) I'm old, so that's not too surprising lol.

I like Octo2005's third image and would like even better to get rid of the middle band.

rockysalamder -- those pics confuse me lol. They mix so many styles. I mean, it is gorgeous, but it is overload for me. I need/want more simple. More matching. Just personal preference! But you do like the white prongs then... Why, if you don't mind me asking?
Glad that we could post pictures to help us understand your style. If you are traditional and want simple, then I'd go with your third option -- but ask the SA if the two rings can stack without the prongs having contact between the two rings. If not, you'll need a very thin band between them.

This would be similar to the ring stack in Octo's picture.
https://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-...ld-017ct-pave-diamond-wedding-ring-item-35851

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the wedding band won’t be a custom order (ie returnable if you don’t like the look), I’d order it in WG and see how you like it against the RG ering. I actually think they could look really good together. If you’d like to tie them together more, you could look at having the prongs be in WG too

jadesilver

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It sounds like you like the idea of same design and matching band but in different color of gold, and honestly I personally like that look. I can tell you’re very attached to it and I think you should go with what you love. I would pick silver prongs. If the wedding band is returnable maybe you could try it on with the e-ring but personally I can imagine it and it looks like a nice combo. Just make sure they fit well together without a gap/rubbing.

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
White prongs on the e ring

For the band, I recommend trying on lots of combos at local stores. I could see 2 identical very thin white metal/pave stacking bands flanking the e ring

mselle

Rough_Rock
@rockysalamander : yes, understood regarding the rubbing. Great advice. As far as when is the wedding... I don't know. :) The ring is supposed to be delivered in the first few days of Dec. No telling how long he'll hold onto it before the big reveal. But, naturally, the planner I am, I'm already looking at whether I could pull off a Oct 2018 wedding. I love early October where I am. If I cannot manage that, I'll wait until May, but that's when everyone and their brother want to get married. So. Long answer to just tell you I don't know.

@foxinsox : I think I will order one. Because it is a new day, my mind changed yet again. I don't really like the knife edges together anymore lol. Now I'm eyeing a Blue Nile band, on a one day pre Black Friday sale, and fully returnable. Only $380. https://www.bluenile.com/french-pav...old_66766?elem=img&track=product&vtype=sample .

upload_2017-11-22_16-52-57.png

@jadesilver : Yes, I think that's what I like but give me an hour on the Internet and who knows. :)

@Tophat1 : I do plan to do that once I get it. I also really do like the idea of one top, one bottom.

You are all the best, I cannot thank you enough for your responses.!!

SpaceChimp

Rough_Rock
I am no expert in any of this stuff, not even a amateur compared to the others here :lol:

But from experiance, gold tones and your own skin colour matter a lot.

For example my wife really likes white gold, but her skin is very pale and it looks awful on her. On the other hand rose and yellow gold looks great on her skin.

I suggest trying some rings on in a store to make sure the gold tones suit you personally :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results