shape
carat
color
clarity

My OWD antique cushion upgrade

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, stop, you're blinding me! 8-) The colored fire coming off that stone is amazing!!! What a beautiful shape and setting! Congratulations on
finding your dream ring!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg pure perfection!!! :love::love::love: Gorgeous in every way, and it is the perfect size for your hand!

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi Roi -- I don't know the exact measurements, but I was told it's 8.8mm square. (For context, my ring size is 6.5.) It feels bigger to me, but maybe that has to do with the bezel setting. I'll be honest, in my head I wanted my upgrade to face up at about 10mm. But I tried a couple of stones that were around that and they felt way too big. The runner up diamond was a smaller weight (3.6 ct) that faced up almost the same but I decided I really preferred the overall size of mine. Plus, it was a whiter diamond and it just didn't have the personality I was looking for. Below is a pic of my ring with the runner up so you get an idea of the difference.

IMG_20170508_152402.jpg

Thank you, Thumbelina, for the info and the photo, they are very helpful for me! Yellow gold bezel fits perfectly the color of your stone! I also love the details of the setting :love:

It is spectacular upgrade!!! :appl::appl::appl:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone and setting are to die for stunning!! I am totally in love with the basket of your ring (well the whole thing actually!). Adam's bench makes some really gorgeous settings, it's a whole package your stone and setting! Congratulations!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just looking again. It's so beautiful, everything a OMC should be. Your stone is the reason why people fall in love with old cuts.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning ring and the setting is gorgeous!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love love love that ring and had stalked it on OWD because it is so exceptional! The basket is unparalleled and the whole thing just looks divine on you! I'm so glad a PSer bought it / thanks for sharing the pics!!!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats beautiful stone and I really really love the setting!!!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning. Love the setting.

minimountains

Shiny_Rock
wooo hooo, we both have similar diamonds in bezel settings. hi five. i love yours!!!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this wonderful ring on Adam's site and on IG. TDF and I love that full bezel with gallery open/detailed. I think the stone has tons of presence and I think the color is beautiful on your skin. It's a home run in every.single.way.

And you win the FIYUH! Shot contest, hee hee I love fiery diamonds and fire shot pics!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow! This is gorgeous. The stone is incredible. The setting is perfection.

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
The stone and setting are to die for stunning!! I am totally in love with the basket of your ring (well the whole thing actually!). Adam's bench makes some really gorgeous settings, it's a whole package your stone and setting! Congratulations!

Hi JDDN -- Thanks so much! And I couldn't agree with you more about Adam and his team. I'm so very pleased with the entire experience, and I can't speak higher of them. The next time I'm in the market for more bling, I'm talking to him first!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! The setting is just perfect for your stone!

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
I love love love that ring and had stalked it on OWD because it is so exceptional! The basket is unparalleled and the whole thing just looks divine on you! I'm so glad a PSer bought it / thanks for sharing the pics!!!!

Thanks pearaffair! I stalked it for a long time too...and I'm pretty certain that 80% of the views of the video on IG were me. I never seriously considered getting it, though, until I saw it in person. The diamond is really spectacular and the pictures really don't do it justice. I've had several people gasp when they see it, and then they move in for a closer inspection. :) And I just can't be happier with the color, I always thought I would like a warmer color but seeing it irl made me realize just how much I love the tint. And on a side note, my husband has really become interested in the difference in diamond colors lately (of course it's not because I'm constantly holding my hand to his face saying "it's so beautiful!"). In fact, he announced the other day that we'll have to get a D for "our" collection at some point. Who am I to argue. ;-)

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
oh my what a gorgeous puffy crown and amazing color! I love it! :love:

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
Fun Update:

I've been searching for just the right band to go with my new ring and finally settled on this dainty little band from Melanie Casey. I love the asymmetrical look, and I think it gives just the right little oomph without taking away from the stone.

What do you all think???

IMG_20170717_170047.jpg

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's gorgeous! They look fantastic together! I really applaud your style and unique aesthetic :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did I miss this the first time around! What a stunning OMC. I love the warmth and the gotgeous high crown. The stone looks big and beautiful on you and I love that setting!!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah that band is gorgeous with your spectacular cushion :love: damn I love looking at this ring

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE them together. Stunning!!:love:

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
I think it's gorgeous! They look fantastic together! I really applaud your style and unique aesthetic :appl:

Thank you Bonfire! I do love how it's not a pairing you would see everyday. :love:

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
How did I miss this the first time around! What a stunning OMC. I love the warmth and the gotgeous high crown. The stone looks big and beautiful on you and I love that setting!!

Thank you Acinom! I've been looking at antique cushions for a decade now and this one was definitely worth the wait. :)

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
Ah that band is gorgeous with your spectacular cushion :love: damn I love looking at this ring

Thank you foxinsox — I have to confess I love looking at it too!! ;-)

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my... your cushion and the entire set are simply divine!! :love::love::love:

minimountains

Shiny_Rock
beautiful! Antique cushion loved over here too! Lovely setting you choose!

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
This really takes my breath away - from the pillowy crown to the buttery colour against that yellow gold, and that beauty of a rose cut pear underneath. I am just :love::love::love:
Congratulations on such a beautiful peace.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I like the setting. It's a great way to do two-tone while still looking modern and classic at the same time. It's hard to tell when that ring was made, in a good way.

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
Amazing! I want one!:love: No seriously, I am now sold on the beauty of old cuts. Those chunky facets...a dream! Congrats!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results