shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help for 4.28 J Emerald Cut reset - yellow gold?

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
IMG_0637.JPG I just received a J colored emerald cut diamond. It is currently set in platinum but I really would like it in a yellow gold bezel. I am fairly color sensitive and do see a tint in the diamond and was wondering if maybe the tint would be less noticeable in a yellow gold setting? Or should I leave it as is?

Would love to see what a J emerald cut looks like in yellow gold. I think rose gold is very pretty too but I worry about it being trendy. No offense to anyone as I also have a ring and two diamond bracelets in rose gold. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Below is a picture of my ring. It looks quite white in the photo but IRL it has more of a tint.

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
Thank you tyty333! They have some J and K colors on there -- helps me to visualize!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I told you on the other thread, I think emerald cut diamonds look the most beautiful in platinum. Yours looks beautiful in that setting! I would not change it! Platinum is classic and never goes out of style, but yellow gold comes and goes.

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
As I told you on the other thread, I think emerald cut diamonds look the most beautiful in platinum. Yours looks beautiful in that setting! I would not change it! Platinum is classic and never goes out of style, but yellow gold comes and goes.
You are right about the timeless factor. I do see more old emerald cuts in white gold/platinum. I think you just made up my mind! Thanks for all your input!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results