shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on Ideal-scope

MattP725

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to know what the more knowledgable people think of this image. I did already purchase the associated stone which was a .9 HCA excellent cut but very good symmetry. It looks like there is a small bit of leakage at the six o'clock position on the table if I'm reading it right. How does this look otherwise? I bought it from JA so I have 30 days from shipment to return it.
2396040ID.jpg

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really want to see the GIA report, the maginified photo, and the ASET if available. What are the numbers? It looks very contrasty and heavily painted.

I am not concerned about the leakage at 6:00 at all.

MattP725

Rough_Rock
Honestly there is a very good chance it could be. Its in overseas inventory and when I first contacted JA, they said they wouldn't obtain one because A) it was under 10k (stone was 8.8k) and B) it was not in their NY location. Then I just happened to get an email from them later in the day with a copy of the image attached which instantly struck me as odd. Regardless I am making the purchase and will see it in person (heavily relying on the 30 day return policy) but I have attached the screenshot and GIA as well as the link to the stone. I feel like I got a good enough price on it to take a "risk" but feel free to be brutally honest.

EDIT: I know the proportions aren't necessarily ideal. The depth % is high from what I've researched but I knew that going in.

Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 7.54.00 PM.png cert.jpg

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...h-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-2396040

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The numbers are fine and light return is fine. It is contrasty because of 53 table and 75 LGH.

There is something going on around the edges and in other areas. The ASET will reveal more but they dont provide.

The arrows look very asymmetric. I am not too sure if it is because the diamond is tilted or because of the cut quality itself. JA is normally very good at taking IS images.

I think the entire experience and the stone are rather unusual and odd (not necesarily negative). I dont see any obvious flaw. I agree that it is worth taking a risk and have a look at the stone if the price is right.

MattP725

Rough_Rock
I know what you're saying. I see the symmetry issues and they seem to appear on both the IS and the 3D view so I'm sure they are present. They did grade the symmetry as VG and not excellent so there must be flaws. I actually wasn't planning on presenting it originally until November. I pulled the trigger just because the setting was 25% off. It should be finished and overnighted by the end of May so we'll just have to wait and see. Thanks for your opinion.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results