shape
carat
color
clarity

One Ring to Rule Them All - My Ring from ID Jewelry

crans223

Rough_Rock
So I got to work this morning, paid the remaining balance on my ring, got myself a nice cup of coffee and sat down at my desk after making a doctor's appointment - feeling pretty stressed out. My stress melted away when I got an e-mail from Yekutiel at I.D. Jewelry informing me that the ring has been finished, sized and is being shipped out, to arrive Monday or Tuesday. Then I saw he had pictures of the final product, and nothing else in the world mattered as a tear came to my eye as I saw the ring that I will be using to propose my everlasting love to my girlfriend of 5 years whom I would be proud and happy to spend the rest of my life with.

It's been a bump journey for me. I went in with a friend originally and purchased a Radiant Star 0.99ct I I1 from Helzberg that I thought was amazing...until I got home and had to falsely convince myself and others that it was truly brilliant and sparkled. Something never felt quite right holding it in my hands but I kept it inside until the following day my friends from work (one who was a jeweler earlier in his career, and the other who had a friend that was a jeweler that looked at what I got) informed me on what I already knew; I got ripped off. My boss was kind and caring enough to insist I drive home, and return the ring right away so I didn't get screwed out of having the perfect ring. I immediately returned it and got my money back and started researching online about diamond qualities and educating myself. I found this forum and spoke with a few members here and after a great referral from Daniel (and a couple of others) I made an appointment for I.D. Jewelry to meet with Yekutiel in NYC to find the ring he selected for me meeting my criteria and within my price range. Before this I met with over 40 other jewelers and narrowed it down to 3 diamonds (one from each store I found locally, and the final one to be seen at I.D.)

Traffic was horrible getting into the city, but we finally made it in later than expected. It must have been a sign because as my mother and I walked down the diamond district on West 47th trying to find the location, it just so happened that from behind us, there was Yekutiel who overheard our conversation about trying to find the address, when his head slipped by and we made eye contact. We exchanged hellos and went up to look at the diamonds I requested (a 1.11 ct and a 1.19 ct both H color, VS2, and Excellent C/P/S). As I reviewed the diamonds he got a call in from a customer that purchased a huge monster of an emerald diamond and he showed us what it looked like (WHAT A HONKER THAT WAS, and it was GORGEOUS). He was so happy from this sale (not only because I know he made a great deal on it, but because he seemed to genuinely care that the buyer loved the ring. He then looked at us with a smile on his face and said "Today is a good day!" This resonated in my head as I looked into the diamonds, feeling like I knew I had my decision made already. After he answered the few questions I had, and I learned about the different machines used to grade the diamond, he asked me to make a decision between the two I had, which would have been the same price with either choice, leading me to confirm further why he is so highly recommended. I decided that I truly loved the 1.11 ct much more than the 1.19, it just had something about it that drew me to it no matter how close they were in comparison.

He was extremely kind and understanding with me on my budget, which I had to move a little because of the curve-ball thrown at me with the different setting style that I found out she liked better. He was not the haggling type, which I enjoyed because neither am I but he worked with me on the price and we finally decided on a final amount, which we were both comfortable and happy with.

I have never had more of a positive experience before, and something about this just felt right deep down. I would recommend Yekutiel and I.D. Jewelry for anyone looking to shop for diamonds, or jewelry, as he is a truly genuinely good person who seems happier when he is working with people who appreciate the time and dedication he puts into finding you the perfect stone and exactly what you're looking for. (Hell I think he seems happy doing what he does naturally, and being able to help customers is a bonus)

He was welcoming, extremely knowledgeable, and most importantly, respectful of my mother and I when we came in. To sum up the entire meeting with Yekutiel, I would describe it as meeting with a person who has been a family friend for years, that is going to help you find the perfect diamond no matter what happens. As I was writing the above review, he called to inform me that he will be shipping out the ring today and it will arrive tomorrow so I don't have to wait until Tuesday, which goes to show me how much he values every customer as a client. Ugh I'm so happy right now lol

So without further ado, here are the pictures of THE ring!

dsc_3199.jpg dsc_3210.jpg dsc_3215.jpg dsc_3221.jpg

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
The ring is absolutely beautiful!!! I'm so glad you had such a good experience the second time around and that is a ring that anyone would be proud to wear.

danielxlin

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful setting choice! Diamond looks perfect.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! . Please post more photos of this lovely ring in SMTB once you receive it. IDJ is great!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That setting is AMAZING. Is it a custom job or a stock setting?

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is just so, so lovely! And I love your story. How fun to share your journey with someone as passionate and caring as Yekutiel!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love, love, love those shoulders! And your story! How wonderful that your co-workers and your boss stepped up for you like that! Please be sure to post in SMTB when you can.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love this. Is that a Gabriel and co? I didn't see in your post, if you said, sorry lol

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is so beautiful! She will love it :love:

emmebee

Shiny_Rock
It is beautiful, congrats!!

crans223

Rough_Rock
liaerfbv|1430494587|3870564 said:
That setting is AMAZING. Is it a custom job or a stock setting?

Niel|1430499287|3870613 said:
I really love this. Is that a Gabriel and co? I didn't see in your post, if you said, sorry lol

Haha no I forgot about that. It was a Gabriel and Co setting, but I got it through I.D. for a better price because it was unbranded. The exact band from the Gabriel and Co website was this: https://eshop.gabrielny.com/product/ER11723R4W44JJ

Not sure exactly the "name" for the style would be but I loved the gallery and how the band didn't take away from the diamond whatsoever.

I am so happy to see all of the positive comments about this lol I knew I loved it, and I'm glad that others do as well as I've always had a hard time finding "pretty" things that have more of a unique look to them. :D

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That setting is really beautiful! What a lovely ring!

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful ring, and a happy story. I admire your perseverance in finding just the right ring for your intended bride. She is a lucky woman! :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful ring and I'm so glad you had such a wonderful experience!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is really beautiful and you have a lovely story to go with it. Unlike some of the stories we hear here on PS, you have a
story that makes you feel wonderful about the whole experience like it should be! Congratulations!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Love this and I enjoyed reading your heartwarming experience. The fact the pictures brought tears to your eyes speaks volumes. And can you imagine your girlfriend's response!? :dance:

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
crans, the ring is absolutely gorgeous :love: I love everything about this ring, the center diamond and the setting is beautiful and unique. I love Yekutiel and the family at ID Jewelry. I think what makes Yekutiel exceptional at what he does is that fact that each diamond he picks for his customers are looked at by him and he takes pride and interest in making the client happy. He just doesn't sell you any diamond for the sake of a sale like a lot of the vendors on 47th street do. So when he finds the perfect diamond for you, he feels good and is genuinely happy for the client. And in return the customer is a happy camper like yourself and you feel really good about the diamond you are giving your girl and she is proud to wear it.

I have bought two diamonds from Yekutiel one cushion cut and one round brilliant and I am very happy with both my diamonds.
Crans, I think this gorgeous diamond deserves its own thread in "Show me the Bling" Thread once you give it to her and its on her finger.
The ladies go there to look at the bling and your ring deserves its own thread :appl:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I so enjoyed your story! Your ring is gorgeous and I love that you were able to find just what you wanted with Yekutiel and IDJewelery. Wishing you and your lady a lifetime of happiness.

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
What an awesome story and -lovely- engagement ring. Thank you for posting about your positive experience.

I love how you not only trusted your gut with the first ring but how your co-workers and boss were honest!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just beautiful! :love: What a happy ending to your ring search! It sounds like you were very fortunate to end up at ID Jewelry!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Love how the setting perfectly compliments your center stone. :love: Thank you for sharing your story. Looking forward to seeing more pics soon! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! :love: I love happy endings. :appl:
Please share handshots when you have them. :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, I loved working with ID Jewelry, they are amazing!

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely story and gorgeous ring

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful journey to the final ring.. I would certainly consider this jeweler after your report. I find your choice in stone and setting perfect. Wishing you peace, love and happiness!!

:love: :love: :love:

chikoo

Rough_Rock
Beautiful. Love the setting. Reminds me of leaves holding up a diamond. And at other angles, a praying mantis, the diamond bieng the head!

Customer service is number one. In as much as ones wants a flawless diamond, a flawless ethical customer service goes even beyond it.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the story, and the ring is amazing! We would love more pics, on the hand when the time comes! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results