shape
carat
color
clarity

My Diamond Dream Team

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

apex1123

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone,

I found this forum when I started to research buying a diamond. I had no intention of buying a diamond online but was just educating myself so I would know more when I went into the store. Well after months of reading, learning and lurking on this great site I finally bought my first E-Ring ONLINE!

I had a great experience, although it took me quite a bit longer than I thought. I would like to take this time to review “My Diamond Dream Team

I bought my diamond from GOG. They were great to deal with and I loved working with Jonathan. He has so much enthusiasm for diamonds, its really great to speak with him on the phone. You can tell so much more in a conversation with someone in person or on the phone rather than just by emails. Jonathan took the time to point out what was good and bad with a stone and many times he recommended the less expensive stone. Although Jonathan has extensive knowledge, he is able to transfer that knowledge into simple terms that a novice can understand. I originally started looking at the Jubilee but after months of looking and waiting for more supply I changed my mind and started looking at RB’s. I also worked extensively with Tim at GOG too. Tim is a great guy and was very patient with me. I’m sure he got tired of my daily phone calls, my changing mind and me constantly asking him what else is coming in. But through it all he was patient and calm with my many questions and constantly changing mind. I ended up buying a 1.08 J SI2 RB from GOG and it’s a real beauty!!! It was exactly what I was looking for. In all my research the sweet spot seems to be a J for color with a SI class for clarity. My objective was to buy something between 1 carat and 1.25 carats, I-K in color and a SI clarity diamond. I wanted the highest possible cut and I achieved that with this stone as it was an AGS 0. The stone came out with a 9.7 Isee2 score and it got a VH, VH+ and a boarderline H-VH score on the Brillancescope. Its lightscope image was also excellent. The other goal I had was to only pay for things you can see with your eye. I didn’t think it was prudent to pay for higher clarity than SI. Why would I want to spend money on something I can only notice with a loop? I’m sure some of you feel different but I would rather spend my money on the carat size or cut instead. I also went with a J stone and was considering a K as long as it faced up white. My J faced up white to my eyes and my FI eye’s. Again I was trying to avoid paying for things I could not notice using only my eyes. My research on this forum led me to believe a well cut J or even a well cut K would face up white. I was not disappointed with this fine J from GOG. I also want to thank Marie, Kristen and Chas. They were all very professional and patient with me.

After picking out my stone I had it appraised by Rich Sherwood. Rich served as my eyes and he had nothing but good things to say about this stone. Rich had this to say about the stone,

“this stone is absolutely stunning. It is phenomenal. The light return performance and contrast pattern is spectacular. This thing just blazes away with
brilliance (white light return) and fire colored spectral light return). I can''t say enough good things about this diamond. It is breathtaking. You could spend
five thousand dollars more on a 1 carat if you like, but it wouldn''t be one bit more beautiful. This stone maxes out on beauty.”

Rich’s recently sent me the binder with the color pictures, appraisal and analysis. It’s a very professional looking package. Rich was also nice enough to include a CD with the digital images of the appraisal. I enjoyed working with Rich. He served as my expert eyes and after I received the diamond I knew he was right on!

I then had to pick out the setting and after researching settings on this site, I came to the decision to go with none other than Mark Morrell. Mark and I exchanged numerous emails and a few phone calls during this process. I ended up buying the SunBurst Solitare(formerly Ring Style #1) setting from him. Mark’s work is truly beautiful and the SunBurst Solitare was everything I was looking for in a setting. Its simple but very elegant. I love the way the prongs are. I’m not just talking about the heart shaped tips, but the way the two prongs come together along the sides. In fact Mark’s work is so nice, the picture of the SunBurst Solitare is the reason why I got my FI to change her mind from a square shape to a round shaped diamond. I showed her the picture of the SunBurst Solitare on Mark’s website and she was like WOW what is that? Soon after I was on the hunt for a RB.

After the stone was set by Mark, I had it sent back to Rich so he could verify the stone and finish the appraisal for me. I received it from Rich a short time later and WOW was I impressed. I proposed a few days later and thankfully she said “YES!” My FI likes it so much she hardly takes it off. All her girlfriends said I did a great job selecting the stone and setting. I owe all my knowledge to this great site. Without it I probably would of bought a lesser stone and likely at a higher price.

I wanted to share my experience with all of you and to introduce to you “My Diamond Dream Team!" You all did a great job helping me select my first E-Ring!

Thanks

Len

mrssparkles

Rough_Rock
Thank you for posting your testimonies. I am new here and have not bought a diamond online (although I have bought many things online from the US and shipped to Singapore, where I am now). So this gives me the courage I need when I finally find the diamond I want (Bob from WF is helping me, but I think it will be awhile yet before we can decide on what my perfect diamond is!)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Len, you truly put together and awesome Dream Team
36.gif
I''m glad you had such a postive experience too. now, on to the important stuff...do you have an Picures
9.gif
????

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
It was a pleasure working with another PriceScoper that had such a good grasp on the concept of beauty. This forum really serves its purpose, doesn''t it Len?

Thanks for the business, and congratulations on your engagement!

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
You picked some great people to work with. I used GOG and Rich Sherwood when I bought my wife''s Jubilee e-ring last year.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey Len,
36.gif

A grand THANK YOU from all of us here at GOG. You''ve been a pleasure to serve and we look forward to being of further help down the road. Please keep in touch.
1.gif

Ex/Ex,
Jonathan

apex1123

Rough_Rock
Here are the pictures.

LW_005sa.jpg

apex1123

Rough_Rock
another one.

LW_003s.jpg

apex1123

Rough_Rock
hope this ones not too small

Lighting- 5.jpg

apex1123

Rough_Rock
lightscope

lightscope2.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/15/2005 12:47:59 AM
Author:apex1123
I ended up buying a 1.08 J SI2 RB from GOG and it’s a real beauty!!!

Congratulations!!!!! I saw that stone on GOG myself, drooled over it repeatedly, and suddenly it was gone... to you! I'm sure it is gorgeous in person!!!!

apex1123

Rough_Rock
Hi ECF8503. Yes, it is a great stone in person. The pictures really dont do it justice. I''m sure you can find another great stone at GOG. Get in touch with Jonathan as I''m sure he can help you. I saw some others on his site that I also think are very nice. Look for the 1.18 KVVS1, the 1.198 J VS2 and the 1.253 J SI1

All look nice to me!

Its funny even though I am done buying, I still find myself looking at this forum and looking at the inventory at GOG. I have found another hobby! I even have been looking at the gemstones now. This is just too addicting!
21.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I am blown away. Great stone and awesome setting. Congrats!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
What an AWESOME story -- thanks so much for sharing!

Well... THAT is a PS success story for sure! Congratulations on your engagement and your GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS ring!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

PS We still need the stone's SPECS and the requisite HAND SHOTS, though, please!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/15/2005 10:30:50 PM
Author: apex1123
Hi ECF8503. Yes, it is a great stone in person. The pictures really dont do it justice.

They never do!

Get in touch with Jonathan as I''m sure he can help you.

:)

I''m drooling over one already (Jonathan knows which one I like) - but I know better than to say which one on this forum, or it may be gone the next time I look...

Its funny even though I am done buying, I still find myself looking at this forum and looking at the inventory at GOG. I have found another hobby! I even have been looking at the gemstones now. This is just too addicting!
21.gif

Yup. Me too. And many others here as well..... welcome to PS - the diamond-lovers'' support group!

apex1123

Rough_Rock
Thanks LynnB. Here is the Sarin. I sure hope Jonathan doesnt get mad at me for posting his pictures!
emsmile.gif

BR108JSI2-SARIN.jpg

apex1123

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/15/2005 10:37:04 PM
Author: ecf8503

Date: 12/15/2005 10:30:50 PM
Author: apex1123
Hi ECF8503. Yes, it is a great stone in person. The pictures really dont do it justice.

They never do!

Get in touch with Jonathan as I''m sure he can help you.

:)

I''m drooling over one already (Jonathan knows which one I like) - but I know better than to say which one on this forum, or it may be gone the next time I look...

21.gif

Yup. Me too. And many others here as well..... welcome to PS - the diamond-lovers'' support group!
LOL! Try looking at the colored gemstones too. Some of them are just eye candy! Maybe even pair them up with diamonds!
6.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh I just love the MWM solitaire...so yummy! What a great and classic choice.
36.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aye dios mio!!! Its GORGEOUS!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Just Beautiful!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! Thank you for sharing your experience with us! What a beautiful ring!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results