shape
carat
color
clarity

The jacket saga continues with ID Jewelry!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
There's been a happy flurry of halo jacket activity over the last couple of months on PS! I'm still thrilled with my 3-pointer jackets for my 4mm OEC's but decided to pester Yekutiel for the next size up for colored stones and WOW - you gals with the 5mm studs already know how they really pack a sparkly punch! I was lucky to find a gorgeous pair of tsavorites and had them set in the same 4-prong martini settings. As soon as they came back from the bench, I swooned over the prongs, then immediately popped these babies in my ear! I can't tell you how many people commented on them during the rest of that day - took me by surprise, actually.

The photos can't quite capture all the brilliance, but here are a few shots. These jackets are also 3-pointers, 11 stones each.

One earring getting cozy with my tsavorite pendant!

Okay, this actually isn't the end of the story.........more to come in a bit.

IMG_0042b.JPG

IMG_0335a.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
GAH I want that pendant so badly... next time I see you I gotta get that on my neck! LOL.

And woot those tsavs look fantastic in those jackets. You have quite the growing collection there.... :naughty:

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Woah! Gorgeous earrings and jackets!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Those look so gorgeous. What's the mm size of the tvasorites?

I would love to get earring jackets one of these days.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowzers baby, now we are talking :cheeky: :love: LOVE, deep sigh! :appl: :love: :cheeky:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new studs :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: If I were to get one pair of colored stones to wear with my jackets, it would be a pair of tsavorites hands down! Do you mind sharing where you purchased them?

Love your new jackets too! I have also found that a lot of people compliment my earrings when I wear the jackets. They really are gorgeous.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies - I'm so completely taken with the jackets, and while I was worried they'd be too big for my ear or not look balanced, I now think they're perfect!!

So anyway, I had the jackets for a few weeks before getting the stones set, and one day while looking at the back of one, my wheels started turning.......could one of these possibly be turned into a slider??! Well, since my 20th anniversary was coming up and my DH was desperate for ideas, that set off a few phone calls and emails to Luann and Yekutiel, and they assured me it could be done. However, I still didn't have anything to put in the middle, which started a mad hunt for an old cut diamond, and I was very fortunate to land a stunning transitional from Mara - yay!

Fast forward a few weeks and tweaks, and I couldn't be happier with the result! This halo-style pendant is made with one of IDJ's 3-pointer jackets, and was modified with prongs to hold the center diamond, a .67ct, 5.7mm transitional OEC. I had originally envisioned a slider, but no matter how I slid the chain through the back, it flipped too much for my liking. The easy answer was to solder the chain directly to the edge, and while it occasionally tips slightly, it always rights itself shortly after. Okay, on to pics!

Now, I know some people are super-fussed about ACA or similar melee, and while I would never abuse them for their preference, I couldn't be happier with the quality that IDJ uses - case in point below!

IMG_0073.JPG

IMG_0177 (2).JPG

IMG_0458.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Mara|1339169731|3211847 said:
GAH I want that pendant so badly... next time I see you I gotta get that on my neck! LOL.

And woot those tsavs look fantastic in those jackets. You have quite the growing collection there.... :naughty:

You know you're always welcome to wear anything of mine, and while you're busy fastening the clasp, I'll have my hands wrist deep in your collection, heheh!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
innerkitten|1339170334|3211858 said:
Wow! Those look so gorgeous. What's the mm size of the tvasorites?

I would love to get earring jackets one of these days.

Hi innerkitten! I guess it's obvious, but I highly recommend jackets - for the $$, they're just stunning and so versatile! The tsavorites measure right at 5mm in diameter.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Your jackets and studs look beautiful! :appl: and the oec pendant is stunning! :love:

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
stargurl78|1339171346|3211870 said:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new studs :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: If I were to get one pair of colored stones to wear with my jackets, it would be a pair of tsavorites hands down! Do you mind sharing where you purchased them?

Love your new jackets too! I have also found that a lot of people compliment my earrings when I wear the jackets. They really are gorgeous.

Hi stargurl, glad to hear you're still wearing your jackets! I still get such a kick out of people complimenting mine - I'm always so flattered.

The tsavs are from Prima - they're not precision cut, but the portuguese cuts are nicely done and I can't imagine them being any more brilliant.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
It is all so absolutely stunning!!! I cannot pick a favourite!!!! :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

eta: the green is mesmerizing, :mrgreen: and that OEC is so beautiful!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAHA, LOVE that last pic with the sneaky little melee showing arrows! Awesome.

And that stone looks so fantastic in there... I am so so happy it found a great home. It was like it was meant for you! :love: Enjoy and happy many-year anniversary!!!!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Yup! Those arrows are "in your face" brilliant!! All of your collection is simply amazing Celle! Love, love, love your taste in jewelry.

Happy Anniversary!!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I think it's a gorgeous piece, Celli :appl: ID is so good to work with. My thanks to you for recommending them. Will you wear the pendant with the tsavs in their jackets? I would do it in a hot minute :love:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
cellentani said:
Hi stargurl, glad to hear you're still wearing your jackets! I still get such a kick out of people complimenting mine - I'm always so flattered.

The tsavs are from Prima - they're not precision cut, but the portuguese cuts are nicely done and I can't imagine them being any more brilliant.

Thanks for sharing, I might have to give them a call. I remember there being another pair of gorgeous tsav studs posted on here from them, maybe aljdewey's... Anyways, they are stunning and so is your beautiful new pendant :love: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are sooo beautiful! I adore the tsavorites!!! I am not seeing a website for Prima Gems other than a page saying their website is under construction. Is that the right one???

I have a pair of sapphires and am debating over whether to have them set permanently in a halo or to buy jackets like these. My sapphires are about 5.5mm and I remember discussing this when alj got hers. So first I'd have to figure out if these stones really will fit and also if they will customize the jackets (such as to switch to platinum or upgrade diamond specs). Do you know?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
FANTASTIC! Those are beautiful prongs holding such emerald green tsavs!! Wonderful combo --- love them! Those jackets are sure getting a work out at your house!

And what an amazing pendant- such a clever idea you had to use one for a halo on an OEC - soooooo clever!!! :appl: I think we'd ALL love to come and play in your jewellry box!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those are incredibly beautiful! Swoon worthy!

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Are they heavy to wear? I wondered if hoops were heavy too. I've only wore studs, which are light. Does anyone ever leave them in (the jackets with the earrings) and sleep in them?

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and may I add that I am positivelygreen with envy!!!!!! Those stones are surely going on my already loooong wish list! And those pendants - my oh my! Please post neck shots. Enjoy your beautiful new goodies!

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Cellentani, you are keeping ID in business! Your new set is so beautiful and love the coordinating pendant ! Did you have that custom made? Are they also 3 pointers or 5 pointers surrounding the pendant with the tsav? It is gorgeous!
I am wondering if you could post a side view of those 5 pointers in the 9 stone jackets. Do you mind if they stick out? It seems to be a toss up between that or an airline using 5 pointers sitting flush in the 11 stone jackets.
You have fabulous taste in jewelry!Thanks for sharing with us!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I was just drooling over your pendent in the pre loved forum when I checked out your DBTY! :love: :love: And now I'm drooling all over the place at your new earrings! Seriously, you have some of the most fantastically beautiful collections I have ever seen! Just amazing! :love: :love:

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I die! fantastic shots and stunning stones - thanks !

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Perfect, perfect, delicious perfectness!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results