shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Tacori + Steven Kirsch

Kayden

Rough_Rock
Hello! I am working on uploading a few photos of my *new to me* 2.70 I - VS1 emerald diamond set in Tacori's 1.30tcw 3 stone HT2273.

The diamond was an extended family member's whom never used it in an intended engagement ring. No bad karma, just chose a different path for their center stone. We stumbled on a Tacori setting on near close-out pricing almost 6 months ago and bought it before even seeing the diamond. (I know, I gambled, but it paid off!)

The setting was made for a much smaller diamond, and reading Gypsy's quest for her revamped halo, thought of only Steven Kirsch. Tacori had no intention of reworking the ring at all, and almost scoffed at hearing the price we bought their setting for. Steven was AWESOME to work with, and re-worked the head to fit the new stone.

Enough chatter, on to the photos!

20120911_081241.jpg

Kayden

Rough_Rock
I can't seem to upload any of the others??

Argh!!

I will have to take more time tonight after our daughter's dance class. I will break out the big camera and snap a few more of the siguature Tacori scalloping and milgraining!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like it was made to order for that Tacori setting! I love emeralds--do you have the specs. on it?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is FABULOUS! I really really like three stone rings where the side stones are proportionally smaller than the main stone. It give lots of WOW bling and still lets the center stone POP!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous! And I love that you got a deal on the setting! It makes it even more beautiful (of course, I'm a deal seeker!)! Can't wait to see more photos.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, it looks amazing! Tacori plus Steven's delicate claw prongs - what a great combination!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Yowza! Two pics is just pure torture! Can't wait to see more! It's is absolutely beautiful!!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! The stone and the setting are both to die for :love: :love: :love:

TXJewel

Rough_Rock
Wow :appl: Beautiful. The setting looks like it was made for that emerald.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Your ring makes me miss my asscher! :(( It's gorgeous and the ring looks like it was made for your stone! I'd love to see more pics! :love:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, amazing ring! I love the delicate claw prongs in combination with the Tacori setting. Your diamond is gorgeous!
You must be thrilled with the finished product. Congratulations!!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic!!! What a perfect combo!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous!! any before/after pics? or profile pics pretty please!!! I wonder why Tacori wouldn't rework it...how much revamping did you have done on it? It looks absolutely perfect for the stone!

Kayden

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone! We couldn't be happier on how it turned out!

I admit, I am a total bargain shopper and both the stone and the setting are more than perfect for us! :) Who can say no to a good deal right? :wink2:

The diamond measures 9.07 x 4.90. I am unsure any other specs as those were the only two measurements I can remember relaying to SK. I don't have any photos of the stone unset, or of the setting before we sent them off. I am pretty sure the Tacori was made for a 1.5ct'ish center stone though. I may have a photo of the diamond sitting on top of it, but I will have to dig --- I was almost positive it was going to look horrendous. I was one of those "I want perfect porporitons" kind of gals till now!

Steven had to completely redo the entire head area for all 3 stones. He did an amazing job at keeping it very Tacori'esque while adding his signature clawed prongs (which I KNOW he can do much better than Tacori...shhhh!!) I asked him to set the center fairly low. Tacori has been known to have higher settings and I wanted as much bump protection as possible! I don't think the eternity band that matches will sit flush now since he sort of flared out the base of the basket, but I am hoping a thin spacer will help? Maybe something in rose gold for a fun contrast?

There are 3 smaller surprise Diamonds set on either side of the baskets and Steven had added milgraining under the main stone which was a nice touch. It has the half band of square emeralds and the crescent scalloping down the sides. My .30ct glitter band is my stand in wedding band till we order the matching eternity.

I will try to attach a few of the appraisal photos and add few of my own....pardon my newbie jewelry photography skills!

Kayden

Rough_Rock
Adding, Tacori wanted us to order a completely different ring since they were saying proportionately we were doing a bad thing. They felt we should have the much larger carat weight setting and we weren't prepared to pay upwards for that. We asked about having them change the head for the larger stone and they said they flat out wouldn't. That it would look horrible and the stone wouldn't ever sit correctly. :rolleyes:

I saw Gypsy's thread about her redone halo and had no reservations contacing him for this project. :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is not to love?!! I love the proportions and the detail of the setting - the lacy side detailing, the delicate claw prongs. Excellent job on setting that EC.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
hmm that's so interesting about their thoughts on your ring! Oh well, SK really did do a stunning job, I love the proportion of yours!!! Will definitely have to keep him in the back of my mind just in case... :read:

Lovely profile shots!! Enjoy your beauty :)

Ice Princess

Rough_Rock
I love what Steven did to your ring. He's such an amazingly nice person to work with. Of course, I'm biased!

Enjoy your new beauty!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is truly stunning!! Congrats on such a lovely ring!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this about Steven. He's not to proud or too tied up in his own artistic ego to do real work. The setting looks GREAT with that stone and those prongs are TO DIE FOR! And the EC looks like it's wonderfully bright to boot! The profile pics are to tie for, especially from the side like the last shot.

It looks amazing!

This shot shows Steven's Genius!
_888.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results