shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Overdue pics of my set - ERD/HD e-ring with LM WBs :)

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
This is a little overdue as I was asked by a few PSers a couple of months ago to post pics of my completed set!

For anyone who is interested, these are the specs:

Engagement ring:
1.20ct E VS2 emerald cut sourced by Dan at ERD
3.2mm platinum cathedral setting made by Holloway Diamonds (they also made me a 2.5mm plain platinum band which I alternate with my diamond wedders)

Wedders:
2 x Antique Calibre bands by Leon Mege
1.4mm width
Each ~0.55tcw

Finger size 4.5, all rings 4 3/4.

I apologise for my bad photos - I bought a new camera recently and these were taken before I knew how to use it properly! In reality I really love this set - it is delicately sparkly without being too "in your face" and all the pieces are beautiful :) I had excellent experiences with all of the vendors involved and would gladly work with each of them again.

IMG_0734.JPG

IMG_0738.JPG

IMG_0746.JPG

IMG_0748.JPG

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Those bands are absolutely the perfect compliment to your ring! I love your set - it's classic, yet those antique calibres make it so unique! Congrats!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those bands are beautiful! They really look great with your lovely e-ring!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love a solitaire with two wedding bands, it looks beautiful.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your set Pancake! It is beautiful and perfect!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Your set is just gorgeous! I love the solitaire between two diamond bands.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all! I'm currently overseas and my rings are all at home (bar my plain wedder, which I am wearing) - I forgot that I'd taken these photos and saw them today whilst sorting through some holiday snaps so thought I'd post :bigsmile: I think I am probably harder on my rings than many other PSers by the looks of the scratches on my ER, though!

Have to say that the close-in handshot makes the set look a bit clunky. The flower shot of the set hanging together is probably a better representation of how it all looks together.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pancake, I really love your e-ring, but those wedding bands flanking that gorgeous EC really make that center stone sing for me! Thanks so much for posting these!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Stunning! :love:

cheers--Sharon

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Really gorgeous set. Your diamond is glowing at me from the screen! I love wide bands and the two Leons are perfect with it.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
pancake, you have exquisite taste, i do believe (after viewing this gorgeous set & your lovely elopement pictures). the proportions are perfect. wear this in good health & happiness!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your set is really lovely - the solitaire between the two bands is a difficult look to pull off IMO but your set looks fantastic! The length of your EC makes the width with the two additional bands look very proportional :sun:

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, gorgeous set! The LM bands look like they were made for your emerald solitaire. I'm so glad you posted pics. Of course we care!!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous, pancake :love: i love your set, it makes me :cheeky: (that's supposed to be Homer Simpson's drool face =) )

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Ah, the combination here is just *perfect*. Antique calibre w/ emerald cut for the very sophisticated win! :)

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I approve :praise:

Love it! ;))

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Belated thanks to all!

Yssie - yes, the proportions are so important aren't they? I think the set works because a) the stone is just slightly longer than the three shanks of the bands all stacked together (so the solitaire doesn't get dwarfed) and b) because the plain ER shank is so much wider than each of the little bands. I am definitely not a fan of flanking bands when they are the same width as the ER.

Blackpaw & Oranges - thanks guys! I have seen the two of you in particular comment in every single one of my little threads along the way (loose stone, ER, antique calibre threads, this one - over the last year) and I have loved your enthusiasm and support!

Thanks again to everyone else who has commented here - I really love my little set, as does my husband, and I think we shall be happy together for a very long time!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i love the three together! I really like step cuts with sparkly bands - the mix of textures is gorgeous!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
pancake|1291364987|2786096 said:
Belated thanks to all!

Yssie - yes, the proportions are so important aren't they? I think the set works because a) the stone is just slightly longer than the three shanks of the bands all stacked together (so the solitaire doesn't get dwarfed) and b) because the plain ER shank is so much wider than each of the little bands. I am definitely not a fan of flanking bands when they are the same width as the ER.

Blackpaw & Oranges - thanks guys! I have seen the two of you in particular comment in every single one of my little threads along the way (loose stone, ER, antique calibre threads, this one - over the last year) and I have loved your enthusiasm and support!

Thanks again to everyone else who has commented here - I really love my little set, as does my husband, and I think we shall be happy together for a very long time!

you and your rings or you and your husband :cheeky:

i am very enthusiastic about your set arent i?! well its pretty :praise: and ill be looking for an EC soon myself, we hail from the same town, and you got married in Italy (where id like to get married, if i do want to get married, havent determined that yet...) - so your threads always seem to pique my interest =)

mimmyma

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I am very new hear & done a lot of reading and browsing. Great info ladies!!!

I was interested in an Emerald cut diamond for my ER & when I saw your ring I had found the style I wanted. As you say I like a bit of a normal size stone without much bling due to my personal style & work situation. The stone we have found is not as big as yours but just over 1CT.
Could you please post (or email them to me) some pics of the ring from the side to see the elevation from the finger to the stone. Also if you can show a few pics of the sides of the ring. Sorry if I am asking too much but I would appreciate very much if you can help out with this as we are to meet the jeweller in a week or two. Thanks!!

You have a beautiful ring!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results