shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 1.41 VS1 G Octavia Asscher

SanLachendro

Rough_Rock
So he told me, go find what you like. I didn't want a halo ring like everyone else, I didn't want a round stone-too boring. I always wanted something unique, different, and personal. I liked the broad light reflections of emeralds asschers and step cuts. Well I found what I like when I came across a youtube video of the 2.38 Octavia....he spent months looking for it - and found it at GOG, and only GOG. He really nerded out and loved the back story of the stone, which worked in my favor. Now I love it especially with the custom setting which is in platinum and 18k gold. Emeralds for Seattle where I am from, and the gold bridge is to represent the Roberto Clemente bridge of Pittsburgh where he is from. Cathedral setting because he's catholic and the lotus petal crown for me being a Buddhist. Setting designed by Joseph Jewelers in Bellevue WA. They do excellent work, and not snobby at all. Same as GOG - apparently he says they were great to work with! I love my ring, a rare center stone, custom one of a kind setting. It's a new family heirloom.

https://www.josephjewelry.com/custom-engagement-rings/100530.php?page=17

If you click on the link there is a video that really show the spectacular sparkle of my custom ring.
One thing is for sure, my stone is 1.41, these are not cut for size, these are cut for sparkle compared to rounds. My stone despite the carat weight, it approximately a stone that is 1.10 to 1.20. It sparkles more than most rounds I think. Plus, you get more sparkle at different angles. Quality over quantity any day in my book. So now he says I can share my Octavia on PriceScope. Well here she is!

sam_amp_0.jpg

_9795.jpg

_9796.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful! And I love the elements you have incorporated into the design - very unique :appl:
Can we have (loads!) More hand shots please?!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too love all the elements of the ring that make it your special ring!

Please come back with lots of handshots - beautiful!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
LOVE the design elements.

Love the Octavia!

Congrats.. well done!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I just love this ring! Everything about it turned out beautifully!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh that's FABULOUS!! I love the components that make this ring unique to the two of you as a couple - the gold, the design... very nice!!

AND the octavia??? um... GORGEOUS!!! So beautiful!!

Please share a TON more pics! That's a stone you can't see enough of :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous and special ring!! What kind of wedding band will you pair with it? Glad you got what really makes you happy!!! some of us do find our MRBs to be classic rather than "boring." Variety is of course the spice of life!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring. Thanks for the link to your jeweler! They have quite an extensive collection of designs. So much fun to look at! You do have a ring that will become a wonderful heirloom! Congratulations!

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your engagement! You have a sparkly diamond and unique setting :appl:

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful! Love the two tone and the basket is divine. Congrats!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrates!!!
Love the ring! :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous!! Amazing specs too. What a wonderful heirloom piece that you will have for many years to come. All the best to you and your new FI!

AudiLover

Shiny_Rock
This is truly a beautiful, unique, and utterly special piece! Congratulations to you and your fiance! This ring is amazing!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Amazing stone and what a fantastic unique setting! Congrats!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a gorgeous ring...a very special diamond and a very special setting, too!!! :love: :appl: Love it!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! What a lovely ring, I particularly love the PERSONALISED aspects of it. So thoughtful :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and so meaningful and special! :love: Congratulations and wear in health and happiness! :appl:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond in a unique setting. More pics please!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
reallly special stone love the indivdual elements and the story thanks so much for sharing

gemtastic

Shiny_Rock
The setting is amazing. It will be a very special piece to keep in your family. So excited by all the Octavia action the last few weeks....very fascinated by this cut. Congratulations on your engagement. You have a special and unique diamond and setting.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so beautiful!! Congratulations!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous Ring :love: :love: :love: The Octavia is amazing of course, and your beautiful setting is exquisite! Love the meaning behind the elements :)) Please post more pictures!

D

Deactivated member 42515

I love this!!!! I NEEEEEED more profile pics!!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SanLachendro|1378785634|3517717 said:
It sparkles more than most rounds I think.
Plus, you get more sparkle at different angles.

I'm so glad when I hear other 'Octavites' say this.
It tells me I'm not starstruck or overly biased.

We are an Octavia family too.
I gave my SO the first one ever sold a few years ago and I just acquired one for myself.
I know from experience what you are talking about with the amount of sparkle and how it continues to sparkle even when you are not looking directly into the center of it.

Congratulations on the fantastic diamond, and your setting is superb, just superb!
I love the emeralds in gold and those cool claw prongs.
I love your specs too, 1.41 G VS1; if it was available I would have grabbed it. :Up_to_something:
They cut so few Octavias. ;(

More pics please! :love: :love: :love:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gemtastic|1378857700|3518299 said:
So excited by all the Octavia action the last few weeks....very fascinated by this cut.

Yes, I'm glad they are getting out there.

Karl, you must be such a proud a diamond daddy. :appl:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful, congratulations! That's probably the most meaningful setting I've ever come across. How cool! and I *love* the combination with yellow gold. Truly unique and special!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
What an incredible, unique, special setting -- and of course a special stone as well. :love: Wear it with great happiness!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I love your Octavia!! Octavia's are one or the most beautiful and unique cuts I have ever seen.

Your setting is stunning! I love how it is a blend of you and your fiancée. It makes the ring such a personal and special piece of jewelry!

Congratulations on your engagement and beautiful ring! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results