shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this acceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chil1

Rough_Rock
Would be acceptable if I purchased an engagement ring on the cheapest setting that I can find, propose and then allow "us" to get the setting that she would really like?

Also, should I be worried that my diamond gets switched wheter we get a setting online or at a B&M?

What is the independent appraisal for? Piece of mind and insurance purposes?

One last thing, I really want to propose to her where we met. The problem is that we met at a sports bar and it just doesn''t sound appropriate to me to propose there. I can''t propose to her at the place of our first date because the restaurant has closed down.

Another option I am exploring is taking her to a winery and couples spa for a day and then plan around that.

Thanks.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes that's fine to propose with a plain solitaire setting if you are unsure, then choose the final setting together. The question of diamond switching comes up a lot, I wouldn't worry too much about that, vendors are trustworthy, the best advice is to get to know your diamond yourself and check that it matches the certificate. Note if there are any tiny inclusions in your diamond, get to know your inclusion " map" then you can tell at a glance or with a loupe it is your diamond. The appraisal is a good thing to verify the quality of the diamond you purchase and the appraisal document is very useful for insurance purposes. So to answer your question it serves for peace of mind and for insurance purposes. Hope this helps! The spa and winery proposal idea sounds great - being pampered, fine wines, then getting an e-ring too??????? How wonderful!!!!! Good luck!
35.gif

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
I agree with everything Lorelei has mentioned. The best way to tell if it is your diamond is to check for the inclusions (see, they do come in handy!) because if the store really wants to they can polish off the branded stone and write what ever they want-- highly unlikely, but those of us that are suspicious at heart can imagine this. You can propose wherever you want. You can try to make it sentimental but a nice area close to home is not a bad idea either!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/17/2005 10:36:04 AM
Author: Daniel B
I agree with everything Lorelei has mentioned. The best way to tell if it is your diamond is to check for the inclusions (see, they do come in handy!) because if the store really wants to they can polish off the branded stone and write what ever they want-- highly unlikely, but those of us that are suspicious at heart can imagine this. You can propose wherever you want. You can try to make it sentimental but a nice area close to home is not a bad idea either!
Thank you kindly Sir
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results