shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, we take a spa sample to the pool supply store every Sunday. The water doesn't get off much, but instead of us having a test kit and trying to determine exactly what we need to put in the spa, it takes just a minute or two for the store to check and then they give us a printout with exactly what to add.

Are you working all week up to the holiday? I'm only working Mon-Tue-Wed this week. Then it's 5 whole days in a row off!

I ordered the lobsters (4lb ones for me an my brother - 2lb for Charlie). My SIL is allergic to shell fish, so I'll probably grill her a nice piece of salmon on the grill as she loves that. And we only get cake once a year on Christmas and I ordered our traditional chocolate layer cake, which is hands down the best chocolate cake I've ever had.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy frigid Monday kids!

Rod, the cards went in the mail this morning... no telling if yours will arrive before Christmas, LOL!

Curby, you went to the grocery store the weekend before Xmas?! Woah!!! One time Bill and I went to Costco ON CHRISTMAS EVE. I was ready to commit hari kari with a set of steak knives about half way through the checkout line!!!

This weekend was a ton of fun! There were gifts galore and my Faux Family is just great! Sister #1 and her boyfriend left about 10 am yesterday to drive home (to Chicago) and I should have gone with them because Sister #2 (who was flying back to New Jersey) and I both had our flights cancelled and did a mad scramble to get on other flights. I got home literally within 5 minutes of Sister #1 who drove, LOL.

Tonight the CB and I have to run up to a store to exchange something and then I need to do laundry and think about packing for my trip on Thursday. I'm considering checking a bag (which I try to never do) because I've got not only clothes for two weeks but also gifts for my friend. We'll see; maybe I can somehow defy the laws of physics and get it all in two small pieces!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy frigid Monday kids!

Rod, the cards went in the mail this morning... no telling if yours will arrive before Christmas, LOL!

Curby, you went to the grocery store the weekend before Xmas?! Woah!!! One time Bill and I went to Costco ON CHRISTMAS EVE. I was ready to commit hari kari with a set of steak knives about half way through the checkout line!!!

This weekend was a ton of fun! There were gifts galore and my Faux Family is just great! Sister #1 and her boyfriend left about 10 am yesterday to drive home (to Chicago) and I should have gone with them because Sister #2 (who was flying back to New Jersey) and I both had our flights cancelled and did a mad scramble to get on other flights. I got home literally within 5 minutes of Sister #1 who drove, LOL.

Tonight the CB and I have to run up to a store to exchange something and then I need to do laundry and think about packing for my trip on Thursday. I'm considering checking a bag (which I try to never do) because I've got not only clothes for two weeks but also gifts for my friend. We'll see; maybe I can somehow defy the laws of physics and get it all in two small pieces!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to say that it had "warmed up" to ZERO so I decided to walk to work this morning. The temp actually wasn't so bad, but I certainly could have done without that wicked wind!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you had fun DeeJay! Where are you going on Thursday, you traveling machine?

Oh and here's what I have to say about your warm up to Zero........ :naughty: :Up_to_something:

img_2665.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, that is a great deal getting your water tested weekly and keeping it chemically balanced. Enjoy your 5-day weekend. We have Friday and Monday off both for Christmas and New Year’s – so next week will be a 3-day work week for us. Your Christmas dinner will be fabulous and I am imagining how delicious your chocolate cake will be. Enjoy your warm weather for me.

Dee Jay, you are in the deep freeze; and that wind sounds awful. We were near 40 today but the wind was awful here too. Same forecast for tomorrow. Like an idiot I wore a fleece jacket today; may as well left that at home because that wind went right through the fleece. I can’t imagine how awful Costco was on Christmas Eve. I always say there is nothing I want that bad to go shopping then. Rats for missing a ride to Chicago with Sister #1. Scrambling for flights is always a pain. Good luck getting 2 week’s worth of clothes plus gifts in a carry-on bag.

Long and frustrating night. I get home and Marty is on the phone. The oven was on; nothing was cooking and I had no idea what he was planning on doing so I did dishes. He got off the phone at 6:30 and started cooking then one of his gym buddies shows up. I finish cooking supper and start working on setting up my new camera.

I downloaded and reinstalled the app about 6 times. Marty finally comes upstairs and I am cursing like a sailor and about ready to cry (yes I cry when I’m angry) so Marty takes my laptop and camera and tries to get the app set up and he doesn’t have any luck either. To top it off he drops my laptop right on the floor. He set it down kind of on a pillow and stood up; I saw it going but couldn’t get to it. Sigh. It seems okay. I am beginning to believe the app for transferring photos from the camera to my laptop does not work with the latest Mac OS. It works like a charm on both of our iPads.

So anyway, between all of that I took about 6 pictures and that’s about it. I am getting an adapter for Christmas (or that was on my wish list from Santa) that will take either a USB or a SD card so I won’t need the app after that. I certainly plain on using my camera tomorrow night.

I’d quit crying and whining now. It’s bedtime.

Have a fabulous Tuesday.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Rod, I can't even FATHAM what 83 feels like right now!!!

Curby, I've never been successful at transferring photos to a computer. I used to do it with my old camera and my old desktop and it was a matter of connecting things together with a physical cable, but once the old camera and old desktop went by the wayside so did my ability to transfer!

Last night the CB and I went to a store up north where I had to return something and then we had a really good dinner at a restaurant we'd never been too before. I wrote out a couple more holiday cards (now I'm up to about 115... ) and went to be early. I took an Uber to work because it was cold and windy this morning!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I think 83 degrees would put us in shock. I know if the wind quit blowing I'd have a hard time standing up straight. I remember transferring pictures to the computer through a cable too; it worked better than this thing appears to work. Based on what I read in the manual today it said "Windows Only" so maybe Mac just doesn't work with the wifi camera. You are certainly coming along on your cards. I sent out about 75 so you are way ahead of me. I'll have to take an Uber sometime just so I can say that I did. Of course it is not going to be here.

I got up early today so I could catch a few pictures of the sunrise. I wasn't supper busy at work so every now and then I took a break and read my camera's manual. I downloaded it to iBooks. Very handy. I made a few notes so hopefully I get things set up the way I want them tonight and get a few pictures.

Marty is making tacos for supper. Mm.

Laters,
Curby

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I think the more technology "advances" the more chance the thing you're trying to do won't work -- or won't work WELL at least!

Last night we did dinner and gifts with my friends. They went a little overboard and got me a ton of stuff this year. Oh well, in other years I've gone crazy with them so it all balances out in the end I guess!

I ordered three things through Amazon and had them sent to my friend's house in NY so the should arrive on Friday (I get there tomorrow). And then I think I am DONE DONE DONE shopping!!! Tonight I will do one last load of laundry and pack because I have to get up at the a$$ crack of dawn to make my 7:30 am flight tomorrow. Ugh. But if I take a really flight (a) the CB takes me to the airport, and (b) there's less chance the flight will get cancelled or delayed, especially if it's originating at O'Hare. I have to finish one more thing at work and do training for three more people and then I'm flying the coup -- hoping to be out of here by 2 - ish!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, doesn't your computer/laptop have a card reader? The easiest way to transfer digital pics from a camera is to take the card out of the camera, pop it in your laptop and the laptop automatically reads the card and you tell it where you want them stored to. Long gone are the days of tethering a camera to your computer to transfer images.

I'm glad your friends were a bit more lavishing on you this year. Maybe you having done that in years past paid off for you this year!

I hope you have a great time in NY. I'm sorry you and CB won't be spending the holiday together. Maybe he has other plans?

Marcy, I'd say the new camera software is not up to date for the newest Mac OS. You don't really have to use Canon software to download pictures. Just your memory card as I mentioned above will get them off and onto your Mac. At least it should work that way. But I am sorry you got so frustrated it caused you to cry. And yes, technology can be such a frustration.

My brother messed up the Probate filing for the remainder of my father's meager estate. I had asked him to use the Elder Law Attorney, I had hired to take care of everything when we had to put him in the nursing home. But noooooo, he felt the fee was ridiculous and he was determined to do this via a cousin, who's an attorney, but not in the State of Florida. Long story short, I came home Wednesday night to a law suit filing demanding payment in the amount of $104,000 to repay medicaid. Turns out my brother and cousin were unaware a separate form had to be filed with the Probate Court to protect the very asset my brother is most interested in, which is dad's homesteaded home, where my brother now lives. So, I'm leaving the office early today to pay the attorney he thought was too expensive more than double the original fee (of which I have to pay 50%) to get this fixed. This is thousands of dollars and has put a real damper on Christmas. But this too shall pass.

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I have that same problem with friends and family. One year we spend more; the next year they do. You are right it evens out in the end. You are so right about the more technology advances the more complicated things get. All right for being done shopping. Have a safe trip tomorrow.

Rod, holy crap on the lawsuit being filed by medicare against your father's estate. I hope the attorney gets you guys out of that. I didn't figure I was smart enough to take care of my parent's estate so I just hired their estate attorney. He was worth every penny to me. Good luck with that. Ironically yesterday I had something show up for my dad but it was a $25 refund for charges some credit card shouldn't have charged him. My new Mac Book Pro doesn't have a SD card reader and Marty has bought me the USB-C adapter but I won't get it until Christmas. I agree getting pictures right off the SD card is the best way to transfer and get to your photos.

I played with my camera quite a bit last night getting the settings where I wanted them. I took a few photos. I set it up for superfine compression and largest size so some of those photos were 10 MB. Who care's SD cards are cheap anymore.

I am having a hard time working this week. Must be a holiday weekend or something. Ha!

Have a great evening.
Marcy / Curby

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello from the east coast kids!

Rod, what a PITA about the estate! And shame on your brother!!! Everyone is so interested in saving a little money they often don't realize the impact can cost a lot of money! I sometimes get people who want to use a family member or friend as an attorney on a real estate deal and if that person is not an Actual Real Estate Attorney my response to that is NO WAY, NO HOW. I just refuse to move forward as their agent because there are too many moving parts to trust a deal to someone who doesn't know exactly what they're doing.

Curby, I know what you mean about it being hard to get things done this week! I am however in the middle of annual compliance training, which I prefer to have done by the end of the year but this time it's going to go into January, and I got about a third of the people done last week and this week so I was really pretty productive.

This morning I got up at 4:20 to get ready and go to the airport. The flight was pretty uneventful, but damn HOT, and then I just Uber'd to my friend's place. After I unpacked I had a quick lunch nearby, stopped at Walgreens, and came back to take a NAP. The doggie has just been dropped off at home from doggie daycare so he and I have some serious playing to do until his mommy gets home!

Fingers crossed the three things I ordered from Amazon to be delivered here tomorrow stay on track and do actually make it. I guess there's still a little fudge time in there since Xmas isn't until Sunday but I would really like to get everything wrapped and under the tree tomorrow.

And good news on the boathouse front! The concrete guy broke up and hauled away the old floor and finished pouring the new one. He said it's all perfect level now with the exception of one area about a foot and a half in front of the sliding glass door where it slopes 1/2 an inch. The CB is going to look at it and pay him on Saturday morning, but from what it sounds like the whole thing is a VAST improvement over what we started with!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, have fun on the east coast. Good call insisting your clients use a real estate attorney. You want someone who is knowing what they are doing. We had to finish our annual compliance training by the 28th of this month. Fun, isn’t it? Glad you can finish it in January. I hope your packages show up. I am still waiting on something from Amazon that was supposed to arrive Tuesday. Other than that I am done. I think. Hopefully CB approves of the new concrete floor at the boathouse. Sounds promising.

Rod, I am anxious to hear what the attorney said yesterday.

We got to leave at 3:00 today but of course at last minute deal came up so I stayed about 20 minutes more. I stopped by the cemetery on the way home but didn’t stay long that wind was biting cold out there. After I got home I had to join a conference call for work but that only lasted about 20 minutes. What would a holiday vacation be without being called for a work problem?

We are going to see the new Star Wars movie tomorrow. Marty’s sister will get here sometime tomorrow. I need to bake candy cane cookies. I’ll make Marty and his sister haul all the Christmas dishes out here on Sunday so we can get ready for Monday. Neither of them are planners so I’ll make plans for them and get them to do my work.

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I'm glad you got your camera configured to your needs. And yes, memory cards are pretty affordable for a lot of memory.

DeeJay, glad you're safe and sound in NY and I hope the ordered gifts show up in time.

The meeting with the attorney yesterday went well. Before my brother decided to go the el-cheapo route, I had arranged for him to speak with her. She advised not to do what he did. But she's pretty sure she can fix this. I did speak with my brother last night and let him know he really messed up. BIGLY. This is the kind of thing my father would have done. And my brother is nothing short of his father's son. I'm more like my mother. Who would have without question done this the right way. It's going to take me a while to feel better about this. And we have to have dinner with them Christmas Eve and spend the day with them on Christmas.

I had the day off today and the office is closed tomorow. I finished up my shopping today for Charlie. Presents all wrapped and under the tree. They may stay wrapped till Christmas. But the kitties are so interested in the boxes. The tree they're leaving alone. But the boxes may well be unwrapped for us by Christmas morning. LOL

Tomorrow we're just going to relax. We've got some grocery shopping to do for Christmas day, but it's Christmas Eve when I have to pick up the lobsters and the chocolate cake. I've decided we're having chipped beef gravy and biscuits, sausage and eggs for breakfast Xmas morning. Charlie's mom taught me how to make the gravy and for me, it's a real treat.

It's sadly going to be in the 80s on Christmas. I'm actually disappointed about that. We don't need snow on Christmas, but summer temps are just not right.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I'm glad you got your camera configured to your needs. And yes, memory cards are pretty affordable for a lot of memory.

DeeJay, glad you're safe and sound in NY and I hope the ordered gifts show up in time.

The meeting with the attorney yesterday went well. Before my brother decided to go the el-cheapo route, I had arranged for him to speak with her. She advised not to do what he did. But she's pretty sure she can fix this. I did speak with my brother last night and let him know he really messed up. BIGLY. This is the kind of thing my father would have done. And my brother is nothing short of his father's son. I'm more like my mother. Who would have without question done this the right way. It's going to take me a while to feel better about this. And we have to have dinner with them Christmas Eve and spend the day with them on Christmas.

I had the day off today and the office is closed tomorow. I finished up my shopping today for Charlie. Presents all wrapped and under the tree. They may stay wrapped till Christmas. But the kitties are so interested in the boxes. The tree they're leaving alone. But the boxes may well be unwrapped for us by Christmas morning. LOL

Tomorrow we're just going to relax. We've got some grocery shopping to do for Christmas day, but it's Christmas Eve when I have to pick up the lobsters and the chocolate cake. I've decided we're having chipped beef gravy and biscuits, sausage and eggs for breakfast Xmas morning. Charlie's mom taught me how to make the gravy and for me, it's a real treat.

It's sadly going to be in the 80s on Christmas. I'm actually disappointed about that. We don't need snow on Christmas, but summer temps are just not right.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, I’ve been putting the SD card in our Mac Pro and saving the images to our backup hard drive. Then I pull them off that to my PC. It’s working great.

I am relieved to hear your attorney thinks she can fix this. What a mess for you!

That is pretty funny the cats are intrigued by the wrapped packages.

Your biscuits and gravy sound great. I have no idea what we are eating tomorrow or on Christmas.

We had a busy day. We got up and made it to the 9:30 airing of Rogue One. There were about 10 of us in the theatre and a mom and her young son came in late and sat right behind us. The young boy was a talker. Luckily the sounds was generally pretty loud so I didn’t hear him too often. What are the odds?

We went to lunch at Olive Garden then Marty and one of his buddies worked out this afternoon.

I had to dial in to work for a while. What would a holiday weekend be without some last-minute work crisis? Hopefully that make it pre-disastered and I won’t have to dial in again.

I made the Candy Cane cookies for Christmas and will make Christmas M&M cookies. Then I think it’s all I can do until Christmas.

Marcy / Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry Christmas Eve!

I slept in until about 8 then waited until about 10 to get in the kitchen and cook my breakfast. I finally ate cereal. Ha! Marty was up first so he was making his bacon and omelet, Then is sister was cooking her bacon and omelet. Tomorrow I'll try to get in there sooner. I just ate lunch here at almost 2 which mean a 5 to 6 pm supper means I won't be hungry. We are having burgers on the grill with cheese, buns, bacon and oven fries.

I am working on laundry today and baked Christmas M&M cookies. I sent Marty and his sister to the store. Suckers. :D

We decided to have steaks, salad and baked potatoes tomorrow for dinner.

I like to pick on my SIL. I keep my Christmas dishes in the bedroom she's staying in so I told her I was going in there for a minute to see if that's where i put the napkins and paper plates I picked up. She said okay but don't be upset that the room is a mess. I said I'm only going in there to look for my stuff; not to worry. So I go down the hall in to her room and scream when I walk in there. :lol:

Marcy / Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry Christmas!

Marty painted these for me. It's my favorite present.

pics.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry X-mas kids!

Rod, I'm so glad the attorney thinks she can fix the mess and I hope you and Charlie had a marvelous holiday!!!

Curby, Marty made a great gift with that painting! Did he somehow manage to do it so it was a surprise for you or did you know about it?

Today we got up early (for us girls anyway!) and opened gifts, then we took the dog for a long walk by the water. It was about 50 degrees, so not the 70 that we had here last Christmas, but still warmer than Chicago! We're getting ready now to go to Dirty French for dinner with some friends. The good there is great anyway and tonight they have a marvelous pre fixe menu I'm really looking forward to it!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Writing from 60+ degrees and sunny! Rod, I feel like I'm living down with you, LOL.

This morning the princesses (aka, my friend and me!) got our nails done. Then we ate some leftovers. And now we're relaxing because... yanno... clearly our day has been so stressful so far... :cheeky:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, it sounds like you are relaxing and having a great time on your vacation. :appl:

Marty was able to completely surprise me with those paintings. I apparently walked by someone of them one night when I went down stairs. Lucky for him I am very unobservant. I’ll see dishes, messes or dirt – but things are just there and I don't pay attention. I am really thrilled with the painting though.

I am glad you and Rod are both enjoying nice weather. We had some snow on Christmas but it warmed up today to almost 40. Now the stupid wind is another thing. I finally turned sound off on my weather alerts today. I don’t think high wind or snow alerts are so life threatening that I need to get woke up at 2 am to hear its windy outside.

The family dinner and get together yesterday was really nice. Marty and I must have fed them well and shown them a good time because people stayed until 10:30 last night and some of them had a 2-hour drive to get home.

Our 4 roasts varied wildly; some were tender and tasty others were kind of fatty and chewy. Strange. The Pioneer Woman’s mashed potatoes were fabulous. I will make them again. How can anything with cream cheese be bad, right? Not a soul noticed the rolls were salty and people had seconds so they must have tasted fine. The 12-year-old even asked me if he could take some home with him so I told him he could go ask Marty if he wanted to keep any of them; if Marty said he didn't want any then the rolls were all his. I bet he ate a dozen of them today. :lol: I got out baggies and encouraged people to take home cookies and candy to get them away from me.

The gift exchange was fun. We draw names and can open a new gift we select or steal something somebody else already opened. I naturally took a Broncos lunch bag from someone else but one of my nephews took that from me. Then I picked a new box and it turned out to be remote controlled bumper cars. Trust me I will never play with them but Marty is already having fun with them.

Dishes were a day long chore yesterday but we’ve got all the Christmas dishes put away already but one pan. Woo hoo! I loaded the dishwasher 4 times and washed many things by hand. One of my sisters and her daughter helped with each round of dishes. My feet, knees and hips were pretty sore last night from standing at the sink so long and running back and forth doing things. I was better by supper tonight until I stood in the same place again for about 45 minutes. I just took Advil so I will be better the next time I move. It’s heck to get old and achy. For supper we had leftovers and threw out everything else except the mashed potatoes. Marty is going to make us Shepard's pie tomorrow with hamburger and the potatoes.

My sisters and I went through a big box of Christmas decorations last night that were my parent’s and that was kind of fun and sad. I took 2 glass ornaments I remembered (a drum and a bell) and some knit ornaments I made for my parents years ago. I’ll put them up at work next year. We all picked a few things we wanted and then let the grand kids pick what they wanted. One of my nephews didn’t come to dinner so they took the box home for him and his wife to go through then they are going to donate the rest to charity. Of course I couldn’t sleep last night and got to thinking about many Christmas past which of course made me sad. I think I feel asleep at 1 and then the stupid wind alert went off at 2. Short night.

Tomorrow is hump day already. Sweet.

Have a great evening.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I'm not sure what Pioneer Woman's potatoes are, but you had me at cream cheese! :lickout:

Yesterday's big accomplishment involved getting a manicure, LOL. We also went out for dinner. And in between I spent a ridiculous amount of time reading articles and watching videos on the best ways to fold and store sweaters. Yes really. Well that of course resulted in ordering new hangers and a boatload of acid free tissue paper. Those will arrive right around the same time as the new toaster I ordered the other day. The CB is going to roll his eyes every time he goes into the mail room and sees I've got packages. I really need to find something constructive to do... SOON!

The weather has dropped here by about 20 degrees, but it's still quite manageable. I think we're going into the city today. Woo hoo -- an adventure!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, The Pioneer Woman has a show on one of the cooking networks; I don't like to watch it but her recipes are fabulous and some of them are quite funny to read. She is a rancher's wife.

So the CB will be collecting packages for you while you are on vacation? Such a deal. I got 2 packages today; some more things for my camera. I ordered some new leSportsac stuff yesterday since I discovered they have Snoopy items. We are doing our bit for the economy. I don't like them as well as Tumi but hey it's Snoopy!

I sent you an email tonight to see if my email works in Outlook. Let me know if you get it. That email address seems to work okay from my iPad. Strange.

Not much going on here today other than work. One more day this week then I'll have another 4 day weekend. Once we go back to 5 days a week it's going to be rough.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I didn't realize cream cheese existed back in the pioneer days. Huh -- guess I was wrong!

Today we went to the mall. It was raining and icky out so being inside while spending money seemed like the best idea. I bought four sweaters, a pair of black suede boots, and some napkins for the boat house. It was an expensive day. And speaking of expensive, now my friend and I are looking at tickets to Aspen. Good thing my job pays me actual money or I'd be in a world of hurt!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, I forgot to say, I went through both of my email addresses (the one you typically use and also another one you might have in case the message went there) and I don't have anything from you. I even looked at all the messages in my junk folders just in case, but nada. I think the killer rabbits just don't like me!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, ha ha about cream cheese. Another reason I wouldn’t survive living in those days. I always say if I’d come west on a wagon train they would have either shot me to shut me up or left me on the side of the road. I’d be whining all the time about the dirt, sun, bugs, heat, cold or whatever the outdoor elements happened to be that day.

All right for a trip to Aspen is in the works. Sounds fun. You can rub elbows with the rich and famous there. Don’t feel bad about the rabbits not liking you; they are always out to get me too. They took over my new camera bag. Brats!

I had another busy day at work. We got to leave 30 minutes early though and now I have a 4-day weekend. Sweet.

Marty hadn’t planned on anything for supper so we went out tonight. Both of us has burgers and a glass of wine.

Remember that lady who got moved to my department for 2 weeks then quit? Her husband works at the same place as a friend of mine. He goes in and asks my friend today if he can bring her the on-call laptop his wife still has from our company and then she can give it to me. My friend suffers from what you call FOMO she simply can’t say “no”. My friend sends me an email that she told him ye so I sent a text to that lady and wish her Happy Holidays first then I said “Just leave the laptop at the security gate”. She texts back in about 20 minutes and asks “who is this?” I respond with my name and again tell her to leave the laptop with security. She comes back with “my husband will give it to your friend on Tuesday”. I respond and say; don’t involve Nicole; just leave the laptop with security. Her response was ‘k whatever”. I saved a screen shot of our exchange. I have suspected an upcoming lawsuit or complaint from this lady anyway and the last thing I want to do is have her do something to the company’s computer and then blame it on my friend or on me. Plus this text is proof she doesn’t listen to or follow directions then gets snippy when she doesn’t get her way. My boss didn’t realize she had that computer. It was passed around to whoever was on call but they each got their own laptops and no one gave the old computer a second thought.

Curby

img_14229.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy eve of New Years Eve kids!

Curby, WTF about the lady who left? I mean, in what universe is that acceptable? Frankly you're probably lucky to be done with her (well, done once the laptop comes back -- assuming it DOES come back).

My friend and I are considering getting motivated for the day. Probably a good idea since it's already after one o'clock, LOL. I think we're going to go into Manhattan and see if H&M has anything sparkly and festive we can wear out tomorrow night. I am having some serious angst about how I'm going to be able to get everything packed up (even with the extra checked suitcase) when I try to go home! I will certainly have to exercise some creativity... and maybe also wear about 12 layers of clothes to accommodate all the things that won't fit in the bags! Last year I ended up shipping a box to and from NY, and it cost me $50 each way so I'm really trying to avoid that this year...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am honestly not surprised anymore at what an employee does or says. I thought some of my students were bad – I guess they are all in the work force now. That lady did apparently drop the laptop off at security. She sent me a 2 word email it was done. Funny the laptop isn’t for my department but I guess she’d still rather talk to me than my boss.

Did you go shopping and find some nice things? I hope you’ll be able to get everything in your suitcases. We almost had to ship some things home from South Carolina but Marty was creative at packing and moving some things to his carry-on bags.

I totally planned on being lazy and spending my day reading. It didn’t happen. Marty started giving me blog lessons and I got bored with that quickly because our internet was really slow this morning. He got our astronomy blog started and said I could design it anyway I wanted so when I changed it so a basic black and white without big pictures he said he didn’t like it. I gave up then. It looks like more work than it’s worth. I can post links to articles I find on Facebook and people can respond there. Isn’t that the same as a blog for the astronomy club?

Our ink jet froze up when I was trying to scan some pictures (again for the blog) so I messed with that for a while.

Marty and one of his buddies worked out this afternoon so I had to go to the grocery store for us. Friday afternoon before a holiday; yeah that was busy. I survived and bought myself a cupcake for my efforts.

I started some laundry and have been working on picking up the house for the cleaning lady. I have about 8 boxes in the garage from our recent online shopping spree. I packed up my Snoopy Christmas village since I worry my cleaning lady will break something.

I even cooked supper. We had burgers and some more of those cream cheese mashed potatoes. They aren’t spoiled but we threw the rest of them out. 4 meals out of them is plenty.

My SIL is coming back tomorrow and is going to dinner with us. Her date plans must not have worked out for her. Then we are going to a friend’s house after dinner to play games. Hopefully it is a low-key adventure. The best part is I didn’t strip the bed and wash everything in the guest room yet – woo hoo score one for procrastinating there. Her towels are all clean though.

Take care.
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh........I don't know why but for some reason, every now and then, I become suddenly unsubscribed from this thread. And you know the old saying........out of sight out of mind.

So I got all caught up, typed out a super long post, hit post and it disappeared completely. Arrrrggggghhhhhh.

I don't have the energy to write it all out, so here's a condensed version:

Xmas Eve, started out a little tense between me and brother, but we had a nice evening at our fav Xmas even restaurant. I thought maybe he'd pick up the tab for dinner since he cost us so much money, but he didn't. They did give us an Amazon Echo as a gift, so that was nice.

Xmas day was really nice. Our breakfast of homemade biscuits, chipped beef gravy, homemade sausage (not by me, but great), eggs and Mimosa's was a hit.

The afternoon treat was New England soft shell steamer clams for me and my brother and Charlie made Guacamole for everyone. SIL is allergic to shell fish.

The lobsters (4lb each for me and my brother and 2.5lb for Charlie) were fabu. I fixed fresh Salmon for SIL and Charlie made my mom's coleslaw (which is so so so good) and we had parsely/butter baby potatoes. A true New England holiday dinner. Desert was the chocolate cake which is always fantastic.

When they left, Charlie and I exchanged a few gifts, which we exchanged in the real the next day. LOL

I worked Tuesday - Yesterday and then met Charlie for Sushi last night.

Tonight, since we hate going out for New Years, and it turns out 2 of our neighbors do as well, we're having them over. I'm steaming a couple pounds of jumbo shrimp and we're making homemade pizza, plus spicy wings, some pate and Guacamole. I think our next door neighbor is bringing veggie egg rolls and we have 1/2 the chocolate cake left over from Xmas dinner.

Tommorrow we're slow cooking a pork butt roast in the Crock Pot, with mashed potatoes and glazed carrots.

Marcy, I love the gift Marty painted for you. Smart move insisting that whackadoodle ex employee just leave the laptop at security. She certainly sounds like an odd one.

DeeJay, I'm assuming the 60s didn't last long. It was actually chilly yesterday and downright cold last night. It's warming today to the mid 70s and 80s tomorrow.

I wish my full message didn't evaporate, but this condensed one gets you up to date.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, sorry you lost a long post. Amazon Echo sounds fun. I think a friend of mine got the Google version of that and is all excited about it. Of course she has to buy things to go with it. It sounds like you’ve had some delicious dinners the past few weeks and will enjoy having your neighbors in tonight. We are doing ribs in the crock pot tomorrow. I thought Marty can make his own sauce and we’ll use 2 liners or wrap the ribs up in foil.

I wish we weren’t going out later tonight but we are. We are going to dinner first then over for game night at some friends. I’ll be struggling to stay awake till midnight.

Not much going on today. We got up early since our cleaning lady was coming at 8 today. After she got here we went to breakfast then went shopping. Our cleaning lady was in a big hurry today – she was done in 3 hours and 10 minutes rather than her usual 4 hours. Interesting.

I got my astronomy blog done and posted. Woo hoo! Now I need to get a Twitter account and I’ll be hip. Bwhahahahahahahahahaha. And technically my blog so far is just a collection of astronomy articles not my own thoughts or words. I’ll see if the club uses it for discussions.

Have a great New Year’s Eve!
Marcy / Curby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results