shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Proposal Ideas for Colorado (Denver) in the Summer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AggieBling

Rough_Rock
I will be interning in Denver for the summer and will propose then...since I live in Texas and have never been do any of you have any good ideas/locations to pop the question? I was thinking of proposing in the mountains watching the sunset but thought maybe it would be too cheesy? Anyone have any other ideas??

Another idea was to go horseback riding into the mountains to a remote location for a candlelight dinner as the sunsets. Anyone have a family member with a ranch in the Rockies?? Boy I need some ideas!

HELP!!!

Gizmo 98

Rough_Rock
As far as I''m concerned, there''s no such thing as too cheesy when it comes to proposing, so don''t worry about that.  Your ideas sound fine. 
I don''t know how much you care about the traditions of A&M, but take a look at my post below.  Just make sure you do it after me!

SWiG

Rough_Rock
I happen to have lived in Colorado all of my life and there are definitely some choice spots to propose. My girlfriend''s fav place is a place called Hanging Lake. I am not sure where it is, but I have seen picutres and it is beautiful. Rocky Mountain National Park is also gorgeous. I have a friend whose father owns Black Mountain Ranch which is past vail, although I don''t think I could get you a discount because they are usually booked solid. It''s basically a ranch in the mountains where you can go ride and herd cattle. Very fun and some very choice scenery. If you haven''t climbed a 14''er, I would highly recommend it (providing you and your spouse to be are very fit). The view from the two that I have been atop is truly amazing. I went to school at Boulder and the flatirons are gorgeous as well. I am going to be proposing soon, so you can have a look at my thread and maybe it will give you ideas. Good Luck.

SWiG

denverkat

Rough_Rock
ooh, I feel useful for once! So, my boyfriend and I went to Gold Lake Spa, (not too far from Boulder- down the Peak-to-Peak highway from Estes Park) last summer, and had horseback ride which ended with a private picnic...checkered cloth, picnic basket and all, and I couldn''t help but think it would have been *perfect* for proposing. Then afterwards, you can relax at the spa, soak in the hot pools (what a view!), have a phenomenal dinner at Alice''s, their amazing resturant that focuses in organic, locally grown products and wild game, walk in the woods under the stars, then stay in one of their cabins- splendidly comfy, romantic, etc.

Anyway, here''s the website: Gold Lake Mountain Resort and Spa. Check out the "Equine Day Escapes" under horseback riding. They''re all super-nice and I''m sure would work with you to set up just about anything.
Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

Kat

AggieBling

Rough_Rock
Denverkat,

This sounds pretty good I will certainly check into it. I''m also thinking of going another route and would need to cap the evening with a very nice romantic restaurant (I wouldn''t be proposing there). Do you know of any nice places in Denver or in the mountains near Denver?

Thanks a Mil!

denverkat

Rough_Rock
Hmm, that's a tough one for me to answer, since we don't splurge too much on our grad student incomes (the gold lake trip was a gift from his parents). Though, off the bat I can tell you La Fondue is overrated, since I just spent a pretty penny there tonight. As is the Fourth Story Retaurant- I think it lacks personality.

This place in Denver always gets consistently phenomenal reviews and it seems to be synonymous with :"romantic" : Tante Louise
Flagstaff House is 5 miles from Boulder, and is always winning "most romantic" restaurant in Colorado. The view is supposed to be incredible.
Ditto that for Alice's at Gold Lake which you already know about
Emma's in Denver is small, but very sweet and charming
Brasserie Ten Ten in Boulder has a similar romantic feeling and great reviews

By the way, here's another good place to stay, The Alps Inn in Boulder Canyon is apparently quite romantic, and is on my list of places to spend a relaxing weekend.

So that exhausts my knowledge of romance in Denver, but I think you couldn't go wrong with any of those places. Now, if you're looking for diners, cheap breakfast burritos, and a bowl of green chiles, that's my area of conoisseurship
18.gif
. If there's anything else I can help you with, just let me know!

-Kat

SWiG

Rough_Rock
agree with denverkat on the flagstaff house. It is by far my favorite restaurant in CO. If you go there, make sure you make reservations early and get a window seat. I have never had the foresight to make reservations more than a few days in advance and haven''t gotten a window seat. The food is AMAZING. Don''t forget to bring your wallet either. I seem to remember around a $200 for 2 people both of the times that I have been.

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Well it deffinately sounds like you are going the "romantic" route, so I''ll just tell you my ideas/experience for the fun of it! My Dh and I were visiting friends in Boulder, he lived in Greeley for 9 yrs, anyhow, there is this strip mall/ street vendor area in Boulder. I have NO idea what it is called but there were performers and lots of neat shops and cafe''s. As we were walking he recognized a magician. It started him thinking! The next year we were traveling coss country and we were in Key West, he was desperately trying to plan the perfect proposal, he tried to get the ring out to a little island we called our Island, but the water was too rough, so we were in a bar, he said he recognized someone out side and he took off to "try and catch them" he was gone about 5 minutes, returned sweating head to toe, here he had run all the way to Mallory Square, which is where everyone gathers for sunset, and again there are a ton of vendors and street peformers. Well He found the magician he saw in Boulder asked him if he could help him propose and returned to me. So we went down for sunset and Dh insisted we see this magician, we stood there among about 50 people and the magician called Dh up to be part of his "show" I thought nothing of it, they always ask for volunteers, and then he asked Dh who I was, Dh said I was his GF and he called me up too, I was "busy helping him with a trick , not paying attention to Dh and I turned around and he was on one knee! I was so shocked, I didn''t know what to say, ofcourse I said yes after what seems like forever. So being infront of all those people we were congradulated all night by random people. It was a surreal moment, the ultimate surprise.
So I don''t know if you would consider something like this or if you are looking for more of a private moment, we had a ton of fun with this and it made for an awesome proposal story!! Best of luck.

denverkat

Rough_Rock
It''s Pearl Street Mall. And that sounds like such a fun proposal (though I would die of embarassment in front of all those people)! Speaking of Pearl Street, I heartily recommend Foolish Craig''s. It''s a rather unique creperie. I''m totally addicted.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results