shape
carat
color
clarity

I've run out of left ring finger real estate

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
My little boutique jewelry store has been having a going out of business sale for two months. Today was the final day.

I'm so very sad for DH and I, but happy for our friend. She can now retire, enjoy her life and her new husband, and anticipate the grandkids that will soon be on the way.

It is bittersweet for us, as we essentially got engaged right there in her store; all three of us crying and hugging and laughing. DH 'presented' the finished ring later, in a more romantic and expected setting, but the real event happened in her store.

All our subsequent important jewelry purchases have been through this store; lovely things, all. Today, DH got me a pair of smoky quartz and diamond earrings set in 18K rose gold from Tacori. And I bought, for myself, these two items - - at prices too good to pass up. I'll take photos of my hand in the near future for bragging purposes, but I thought you might like to see them now. The platinum band is a Tacori, and the other is a rose gold Memoire (I think, since it was in the same case as).

tacori_band.jpg

rose_gold_eternity_band.jpg

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
These are what hubby bought for me. They look much better in real life than this - - whatever this is, 'cause it doesn't look like photography.

Sorry, the second pair is the rose gold. That's what I've got.

tacori_earrings.jpg

the_right_earrings.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Both beautiful pieces!

We're ready for hand shots at any time...!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Great buys -- I can imagine how unmoored you feel, losing a store you trust. Those aren't easily replaced. Love the rose gold eternity!!

--- Laurie

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1342907912|3237850 said:
Great buys -- I can imagine how unmoored you feel, losing a store you trust. Those aren't easily replaced. Love the rose gold eternity!!

--- Laurie

It's heartbreaking for us, but right now (5pm central) she is breaking out the champagne and whooping it up! She started the store with her first husband, back in 1978. She is long overdue for some time off.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
The other purchase I made is a pendant from John Bagley (had anyone ever heard of him?) of MOP inlay with pink sapphires on 14K WG. Again, this picture doesn't do the pendant justice, since it is apparently not a photo but a computer generated likeness. But you get the idea. My bale is different; it is longer with diamonds.

john_bagley_mop_and_pink_sapphire.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Your pieces are lovely! They have a "story"....you will not soon forget!

Wear them in health. :appl:

cheers--Sharon

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pieces. Congrats to your friend!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, what a bittersweet day! You really scored some nice pieces today, though! I adore the rose gold pieces especially!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your rose gold pieces especially too. Lovely! Do you think you'll stay in touch with the jeweler? It really sounds like you're losing an important piece of your history... :( :(sad

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holly, sorry you had a bittersweet day! Your RG eternity is a beauty - I love that choice!!!
I hope you are able to keep in touch with your friend - she'll have more time to enjoy a wonderful new phase of her life now, and hopefully, that will still include seeing you and keeping in touch. Have a little bit of bubbly yourself, to share in her joy! :))

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely choices! Pics would be awesome but I know not everyone has the time nor inclination. Best wishes to your friend in all her future endeavors. Running a business is a tireless, neverending job and it must be hard to make the decision to let it go after breathing life into it for so long. My dad still runs several and he's been through hell and back with cancer; I think he is afraid he will feel useless and a burden on my mom if he stops working (he's 71 in September), but we all wish he would take time for himself and go after his dream of living on a boat on the Gulf of Mexico! Your friend is wise to let go and enjoy her (hopefully many) remaining years.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results