shape
carat
color
clarity

BHLDN? Not loving it...

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies,

I'm a new BIW (having just received the proposal on Friday! :appl: ) but have been keeping alert of Wedding related anything for a few months now. I'm also a huge fan of Anthropologie so when I heard they were doing a wedding line I thought: Anthropologie + Wedding = :love: :love: :love:

However, have you seen some of their stuff? I thought it would be like the J. Crew Wedding line (classic/simple) but with a funky twist, but I'm just not feeling it so much. Has anyone seen the dresses in person or perused the site? I'd love to hear some other opinions.

http://www.bhldn.com/index.cfm

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think it's an awesome line. They are really unique and different dresses.

I'm just lost at their price point. One dress is $600, while another is $4k. It makes no sense!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
am I the only person who doesn't get the name...it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue...

amc80

Ideal_Rock
slg47|1303232187|2900138 said:
am I the only person who doesn't get the name...it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue...

Is it supposed to be Beholden?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1303232633|2900148 said:
slg47|1303232187|2900138 said:

Is it supposed to be Beholden?

oh, probably?

PrincessNuggz

Rough_Rock
Yeah, I have a friend that works for Free People (same company)--it's pronounced Beholden. I never would have guessed if I hadn't been told.

I agree with cofusedaisy--I thought I would love the line, but I don't. It's WAY too frilly (and I like frilly!) and WAY too pricey. Definitely a letdown for me.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I love it, I just think the price points are a bit odd sometimes. I really love the butterfly dress.....

And I'm surprised so many of you were confused by the name. Maybe it's all the word games I played as a kid or the "secret codes" my friends and I made up, but I didn't have any trouble with it!

PrincessNuggz

Rough_Rock
The dyslexic in me (even though I don't believe myself to be dyslexic) looks at it and sees "building."

turboflgrl

Shiny_Rock
I loooooove their line! But I do not loooooove their prices nor do I think they are worth it. Anthro knows they have a cult following and I think they're attempting to take advantage of that. We'll see if people actually fall for it or not. I love Anthro but this just seems so opportunistic. That's business for ya!

Even though I've already walked down the aisle, I absolutely adore the "Ethereal Monarch Gown"... but $3200??? For what??

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE BHLDN! If it had been around when DH and I were married I totally would have gone there for my gown and bridesmaids gowns.

vanilla87

Shiny_Rock
I think the range is gorgeous and offers beautiful options for brides who want something out of the ordinary :)

I also LOVE Claire La Faye who has a shop on etsy.... check it out http://clairelafaye.com/home

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
loving some of it, hating some of it. I am more of a simple, classic, or glam look- but I think the pricing is a bit high for what it is. I couldn't ask a bridesmaid pay for a dress over 200, but that is me,

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
I agree that there are a few dresses that I like but I find most of them to be strange in a very cliché sort of way- like the dresses are different for different's sake. Do you get what I mean? Like the pieces don't go well together and I'm not impressed with the design. And I do agree that the prices make no sense. :(sad

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
They only have a few dresses that I find appealing but I might be interested in some of their other things when the time comes if they're still around. This is their initial start though, so eventually I'm sure they'll have even more that others will like!

The first tea length dress on the site is way over $2k. I think that's sky high! I love the dress, and many others, but definitely too pricey.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results