shape
carat
color
clarity

bride/groom gift exchange?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
so the other thread got me thinking...

do you plan to exchange gifts with the groom on your wedding day? (or did you?) what are you planning to get each other?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Nope. Because he wants an AK-47. He'll get it when we find one for a good price. He's asked me what I want and I'm not sure. I was thinking about a kitten (I have two ragdoll cats and he has 3 english bulldogs, so this would even it out)...that way it would be a pet we raised together. But the existing cats are already taking up most of our cal king bed (ragdolls are one of the largest breeds of domesticated cats)...so not sure we could fit another one :)

I had a thought last night about a necklace that has both of our birthstones...then we could add to it when we have kids, with their birthstones. The only thing stopping me from that idea is his birthday is in August...so peridot. I'm an April baby, yay diamonds!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
amc you could always substitute a green diamond :lol:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
slg47|1302711886|2895010 said:
amc you could always substitute a green diamond :lol:

Ha! I love it. Hoping for April/July/September babies.

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
We had this discussion earlier in the week and we can't decide. We have no idea what to get for each other, but he said that he would feel pretty lame if we didn't. I have a feeling that we won't, just because we have such a hard time getting gifts for each other. We buy ourselves things when we want them so coming up with ideas for gifts for special occasions is always such a chore.

I would love to get him a nice watch, but he's got a Tag his mom got him for his college graduation that he'll never let go of. It's scratched to hell, but he loves it, and I really couldn't afford a proper replacement. Aside from that I can't come up with a good idea.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Hey...peridot is awesome! Don't be hating on peridot. :angryfire: :lol: But, seriously, don't write off the stone - you can find beautiful stones at reasonable prices.

I'm giving him an album of boudoir pics. No clue what he's giving me!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
sillyberry|1302733096|2895378 said:
I'm giving him an album of boudoir pics. No clue what he's giving me!

Same here! :bigsmile:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have no clue if we exchanged gifts on our wedding day, I simply cannot remember. SO, I'm going to say we didn't. :bigsmile: We did exchange handwritten notes, and I still cherish the one he wrote to me.

I wish I had done some boudoir pictures. RAWR.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1302747894|2895620 said:
I have no clue if we exchanged gifts on our wedding day, I simply cannot remember. SO, I'm going to say we didn't. :bigsmile: We did exchange handwritten notes, and I still cherish the one he wrote to me.

Haven! YOU MUST DO THEM NOWWWW!!! It was seriously some of the best money I have EVER spent and they are so.much.fun! Anniversary prezzie??? :naughty: Or seriously, just do them as a gift to yourself. The experience is worth it. I would do them again in a heartbeat.

Convinced yet? 8)

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I asked him not to get anything for me as he has done more than enough for me in our relationship...

I can't get him anything because I'm in school so I have 0$ but he has told me that he doesn't want anything either.

A friend of mine is a photographer and I was thinking that maybe I can do some "sexy" pictures for him with his car....since we are his two loves. hahaha...still thinking about it!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I'm afraid an album of my scantily clad self will make him hurl.

:-o

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1302781217|2895739 said:

Haven! YOU MUST DO THEM NOWWWW!!! It was seriously some of the best money I have EVER spent and they are so.much.fun! Anniversary prezzie??? :naughty: Or seriously, just do them as a gift to yourself. The experience is worth it. I would do them again in a heartbeat.

Convinced yet? 8)
Hmmm . . . I'm considering it.
I'll have to weigh the pros and cons of deciding to do something like this.
PROS: Rawr. Motivation to get fit again. A gift just for DH.
CONS: No more Chipotle.

I'm not yet convinced. The con far outweighs the pros. :bigsmile:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1302797744|2895902 said:

Convinced yet? 8)

The bolded made me laugh out loud so hard I snorted. Additional PROS: An excuse for a Mani/Pedi. SHOPPING! Getting fussed over by the Hair and Makeup Artist (if you hire one). Having SUPER HAWT pictures of yourself to look back on after your bod is ruined from having babehs. OOOO! OOOO!!!! HAVING AN EXCUSE TO WEAR YOUR VEIL AGAIN!!! CONS: Still no Chipotle.

ETA: Sorry for the threadjack, slg.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1302804685|2895994 said:
Haven|1302797744|2895902 said:

Convinced yet? 8)

The bolded made me laugh out loud so hard I snorted. Additional PROS: An excuse for a Mani/Pedi. SHOPPING! Getting fussed over by the Hair and Makeup Artist (if you hire one). Having SUPER HAWT pictures of yourself to look back on after your bod is ruined from having babehs. OOOO! OOOO!!!! HAVING AN EXCUSE TO WEAR YOUR VEIL AGAIN!!! CONS: Still no Chipotle.

ETA: Sorry for the threadjack, slg.

haha no problem :) I was thinking of doing b-pics but I think FI might find it weird? I think I would enjoy the experience though!

also Haven :lol: :lol: :lol:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Tradition in my family is for the bride to buy her husband cufflinks and the groom is supposed to buy the bride her wedding jewelry. DH didn't want cufflinks and I borrowed some of my mom's fab jewelry so I think we decided not to do anything. I don't really remember either. It wasn't even that long ago! Boring!

ETA: Amc, an AK-47? Really? You can legally own those?!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
chemgirl|1302808833|2896062 said:
ETA: Amc, an AK-47? Really? You can legally own those?!

Sure can. I live in Nevada.
Fiance is a former Marine and a deputy sheriff now...he feels about guns the same way I feel about diamonds.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results