shape
carat
color
clarity

FML

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
okay, i''m on vacation with a friend & this morning checked my email. i got an email from the lady at our reception venue, which i was expecting because she supposed to email me the last bit of pricing for our quote (which has taken over a month at this point). but i was entirely shocked by the content. basically saying she had already booked an event on Sept 18th, months before I met with her and there''s really nothing she can do. whaaaaaa? i''ve met with her 3 times, the date has been passed around at every meeting, we have emailed back and forth numerous times with the subject "sept 18th wedding," like what''s not to get here? my weddings that day, church is booked, flights & hotels are booked, there''s no changing the date. i''m getting married in three months, where am i supposed to have a freakin'' reception? i''m pissed; but i have no recourse with her because no contract has been signed because she was seriously dragging her feet on the quote & no money has exchanged hands. she verbally promised that the date would be held until she finished the quote though. but supposedly, this was booked "months" ago, even though she got up to check her book the first time we met in person. ahhhhhh. right now, i hate my life. i''m out of town till the middle of next week, so there''s not much that can be done.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like your wedding is OOT from where you live now. Is there anyone, your parents, your MOH/BM or your fiance that can literally march in and bring this to here face to face? Because it is completely ludicrous! I am so sorry sweetie, you definitely don''t deserve this 3 months away from your big day! (((((HUGS)))))

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness Lulu. I can''t believe this. I''m so sorry that you''re dealing with this BS right now.

Where is your wedding? Can we do anything to help you look for another venue?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
That is horrible. How does she not know when events are booked? That is the first thing the venues I e-mailed responded with (yes/no the date is open)! I am really sorry. But honestly, it it takes over a month to put a QUOTE together, I am not sure how good this venue would have been. I am getting married the day before you are, so I know how close this is.

That is total BS, and I can''t believe this venue did this.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
I am SO sorry! I''m getting married the same day as you are and I can only imagine how upset you must be. Is this venue a hotel, B&B, or what? If you can''t go yourself, I would send someone else or call this woman and let her know how unprofessional and unacceptable this is! And then get on finding a new venue. I really don''t know what else to say because that''s completely ridiculous!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd start looking for a new venue right away... but I'd also stop by the current venue as soon as you get back to town to talk to the manager/owner and to show them the record of your correspondence with the event coordinator.

BTW the same thing happened to a friend of mine several years ago, only it was her son's wedding ... and they found out the day before the wedding! They ended up moving the reception to a social hall in the church where they'd held the ceremony. Not quite what they had planned, but it worked out.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I would be livid. If you feel comfortable,if you tell us where you are having the wedding and what you are looking for, someone here might be able to help. You would be amazed at what these girls can find when they put their mind to it.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness is this unfair and unnecessary stress! No wonder you are outraged. You have every right to be. Unfortunately, for whatever her reasons of stupidity the venue is booked. If it will make you feel better to get someone there to bring down the pain on her, go for it-but I''m not sure it is going to be an effective use of time at this point. Like you know, you need a place yesterday. Yeesh. What area are you looking in? Maybe some creative PSers have ideas for places.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
What a nightmare! I hope that you are able to find a new place. I would invest your time in that now, and if you still feel miffed after your wedding, continue to persue the issue with the original venue.

I can''t believe that they didn''t say something to you earlier! I would be livid.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
So what happened?

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/28/2010 5:49:16 PM
Author: lulu
So what happened?

thanks for all the concern guys! well, the wedding is where fi & i live now but i was out of town when i got the email from the owner/coordinator of the golf course, so that may be why it came across like an out of town wedding. she emailed me (first, why wouldn''t you call someone to tell them this?), stated that she had double booked and i''m on the losing end of the deal, & that she''d call me the following morning. well, i haven''t heard from her
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
. i just got back into town this afternoon, fi thinks i should call her. but there''s not really anything to be done...our date is set in stone (people have flights, hotels, the church is booked), the venue can only have one event per day, so she doesn''t really having anything that she can offer to replace it & i don''t feel like getting riled up over something that has no solution. so, tomorrow, i''m hitting the pavement hard. i have a few options in mind but all were distant runners up to this original venue choice, so compromises will be made. it''s kind of a bummer, but i''m trying to just stay positive, move on & get this "new" thing rolling.

btw, thanks for the offer of help. we''re in a super small town, which is where the church we will be married in, so i''m pretty sure we know of all the options for an event. but i''ll be exhausting them all this week. you ladies are the greatest!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lulu - I''m glad you''re keeping a can-do attitude about this. Fingers crossed that you find something wonderful!

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry to hear about what happened. How ridiculously unprofessional! Dust and hugs coming your way.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Good luck!

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
HI LuLu

I am SO SORRY.

1.) People SUCK. This I have confiormed over the years
2.) You have a great attitude! Kudos to you!
3.) I truely beleive everything happens for a reason. We don't'know what that reason is yet, but we shall see!

Hang in there!

Ok, first of all - they totally suck for doing this to you.
Second, your plan to scour the town for available venues sounds great. Good luck!
Third, let us know what you find!
and Fourth, after you''re happily married and completely over the stress this has caused, report this business to the BBB and Angie''s list. Heaven forbid this happen to another bride.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
venue search, day 1, no luck yet...but i put out a few feelers today. a few places unavailable. waiting on some calls back from others about availability. and one quote at a fabulous venue which is available on our date (i don''t have much hope that she''s able to stay in our budget but we shall see...). i just really want to thank you all for support---it''s so sweet & really is helping me stay positive.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Your attitude rocks! WOW! I am glad you are taking this in stride, although you shouldn''t have to. And I agree 100% that you should report them to the BBB and Angie''s List. I find everything via Angie''s List! Good luck finding a new venue, I hope you find something that is beautiful and doable!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
GOOD LUCK!
My sister was having her wedding at a restaurant she used to work at. 2.5 months before the wedding, they were EVICTED for not paying rent, and my sister was out $750 for a deposit.

She found a wonderful place, (better than the first I think), and had an AMAZING wedding this past weekend!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
well, we've come across a few more options over the weekend. one is a restaurant---they have a separate banquet room---we're meeting with them tomorrow. also, an outdoor space that's a park area, so super cheap to rent but that means i'd have to organize everything myself. so, things are looking up.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Great news that you're coming up with some options! I loved the intimacy of my restaurant wedding. The park sounds promising too! Keep us updated!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
wooooohoooooo, lulu & fi have a reception space! i was freaking earlier today b/c i had decided the park would be *perfect* & it's super cheap but then found out it's already reserved for our date. so, we met with the restaurant tonight & chose them! [not that we had many choices left but...] i think it's going to work out perfectly. bonus, i don't really have to arrange anything---tables & linens, covered & of course they are doing food & bar. it's not exactly what i had imagined in my head, we had an outdoor location before but the restaurant has a full wall of windows overlooking the mountains & rivers so i think that makes up for it. plus i don't have to stress about the off chance of bad weather. we also booked our DJ tonight & i have an alterations appointment tomorrow, so we're rockin' & rollin' in this house :)) :))

thanks for all your well wishes girls!!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
lulu66 said:
wooooohoooooo, lulu & fi have a reception space! i was freaking earlier today b/c i had decided the park would be *perfect* & it's super cheap but then found out it's already reserved for our date. so, we met with the restaurant tonight & chose them! [not that we had many choices left but...] i think it's going to work out perfectly. bonus, i don't really have to arrange anything---tables & linens, covered & of course they are doing food & bar. it's not exactly what i had imagined in my head, we had an outdoor location before but the restaurant has a full wall of windows overlooking the mountains & rivers so i think that makes up for it. plus i don't have to stress about the off chance of bad weather. we also booked our DJ tonight & i have an alterations appointment tomorrow, so we're rockin' & rollin' in this house :)) :))

thanks for all your well wishes girls!!
Excellent news! Congratulations on finding a new venue, lulu!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

So glad you were able to find something! Can you post a pic of the venue? It sounds really great with the view you mentioned.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!!!

I'm so glad you found a nice location. It sounds wonderful with the wall of windows and the view you described (plus no worries of rain!).

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Awesome news Lulu! Glad to hear its resolved and, better yet, that you're excited with the outcome.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Oh so happy for you lulu!! Glad to hear it has worked out. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results