shape
carat
color
clarity

i''m gunna get engaged!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fuzzdawg

Rough_Rock
well, i have spoken with her parents and i am planning to propose NEXT WEEK!!!

here''s teh deal:

in february, we had our 1.5 aniversary, and it was her turn to do all the work (we take turns). she had wanted to suprise me with a trip to "angels island" which is close to san francisco. that plan never worked out, but she still wanted to do it, so we decided we wanted to go there durign spring break. next week is spring break. well, anyway, i''ve been bugging her to plan the whole thing and so we have a nice double date set up with some friends, and we are going next wednesday. i plan to propose while there.

benefits of this idea:
1) she does all the planning (keeps me from getting stressed and blowing my cover)
2) friends are present to hold camera/ video recorder
3) it''s next week
4) ocean, san francisco, it''s kinda romantic.

negatives:
1) not as romantic and planned out as i normally do things.

any other negatives you can find? what do you guys think?

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
The most important thing is that you are very sincere in your proposal. I wouldn't sweat the small stuff, you really don't need a huge production. My proposal was very sweet and very simple. It was just over breakfast at home one morning. It was so perfect. My husband knows that I'm a private person and that I would want it that way. You really don't need too much fanfare as long as you keep your future fiancees personal likes/dislikes in mind and as long as you are sincere.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Well, I was going to say that my only negative would be that it would not be "private" enough...but you mentioned the whole camera idea, so you WOULD need at least three people.

My guy asked me alone, no third parties and I think he would have been even more nervous to do it with anyone else around, especially his buddies, because frankly, it's an emotional time. I personally would try to imagine that it is only you and her in the whole place, maybe find a private secluded spot. Maybe during sunset, or sunrise (if you are morning people)...

And when you ask her, you don't NEED to be on your knee, but as Sumi said so well...SINCERITY. My fiance had a whole speech and poem written that he rehearsed for weeks. It never made it out of the pocket until after he asked. I cried when he spoke from his heart instead. Whoa, I'm crying as I think about it...

But one thing is, be careful not to let your actions give you away too soon! Again, my fiance was SOOO nice the whole day, I was getting nervous. He hung around me, let me window shop (with harassing me), carried ALL my bags (even my big purse)...Be cool, be loving and start making her feel special NOW, so when you really start feeling nostalgic and sweet she doesn't get suspicious!

GOOD LUCK! and let us know how it goes!!!!

Fuzzdawg

Rough_Rock
thanks, i'll take it.

and i'm all for privacy, but we like doing things with other couples and our friends jessie and rebeckah are great. jessie got really excited today wheni told him. i'm all about sincerity, and since i am old-school (as mentioned many times) i WILL be on my knee...

all right. i'll keep you guys posted!

ps: got my e-ring back from the jewlers having it set today, and i like it lots. it's perfect for my girl. not too small (her hands are tiny), set really low, but dazzlingly beautiful...

wallace

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATS!!! Do you want to film the whole thing? OR do you just sort of want to capture the moment - like just after you proposed? You will know which she would prefer...

Nicrez gave a good tip - make sure your friends, since they know, are also aware not to act differently - best wishes! Tell us how it goes...

Fuzzdawg

Rough_Rock
tomorrow, baby! tomorrow!

Fuzzdawg

Rough_Rock
she said yes!!!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 4/15/2004 3:15:49 AM Fuzzdawg wrote:

she said yes!!!
----------------

Is that all the detail we are gunna get!

Fuzzdawg

Rough_Rock
ok:

i asked, and she said yes!

9.gif

no, so we went to san fran but missed the ferry for angel island by ten minutes, but were already at peir 39, so we just hung out there. we had lunchnd window shopped and bassically just had fun. so when we got bored of that we decided to go to golden gate park. when we got there we headed over to the japanese tea garden and when we found someplce nice i said the code-word and our friends droped back an dgot cameras ready, and i proposed. one knee and all...

things are good.

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!

Fuzzdawg

Rough_Rock
thanks.

a few other things, she was completely surprised and wasn't expecting anything for probably another month or so. she had no idea. it was awesome. we've been walking around and calling each other fiancee a lot ("hey, my fiancee, can you hand me the salt?" "why yes my fiancee")we're starting to get more excited now. i think it will really sink in sunday when we go to church and see all our friends.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Mazal Tov! Best wishes! Many years of happiness.

ShopDiva

Rough_Rock
YAY! congratulations Fiance's Good Luck with all of your wedding plans!!
appl.gif

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 4/16/2004 2:02:05 AM Fuzzdawg wrote:

we've been walking around and calling each other fiancee a lot ('hey, my fiancee, can you hand me the salt?' 'why yes my fiancee').----------------

I know, I'm terribly anal-retentative, especially given that I can't spell, but I thought you might like to know (if you didn't already) that "fiancee" (and there's an upwards accent on the first e, but I can't remember how to type it on this computer) refers to a female and "fiance" (with a similar accent, of course) refers to a male. Congratulations on becoming affianced
1.gif

Lea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results