shape
carat
color
clarity

church woes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
so, on my list of things to do over the holiday break was to PICK THE DARN DATE! this is priority #1. we are looking/hoping for a sept/oct 2010 wedding. well, lovely fi contacted priest (we had just sent over his records for parishonership) to check on paperwork, see when we can meet, discuss dates, etc. fi then calls to tell me that church is moving out of church in feb (which we knew) but would be having masses in the new parish center until probably nov/dec (!!!!!!!). the last i heard the date for the new church to be completed was sept. i''m freaking. a local baptist church has already purchased the church now & construction vehicles are all over the place. so far the possibilities (gathered by fi over the phone) are 1) wait until new church is completed 2) get married in new parish center (likely a cinder block room w/drop ceilings, which i don''t have a budget to decorate up & make look nice) 3) possibly used old church which will probably be under construction & will no longer resemble a catholic church. ahhhhh, i''m frustrated. none of these options are super appealing to me. i''m hoping (probably in vain) that our priest may be able to book & marry us in another catholic church here in my town. we met with him on thursday, so, i need luck!

**sorry, just needed to vent** fi is tired of hearing me worry about it. he thinks it will all work out & doesn''t really care where we get married as long as we do. i need to adopt his zen attitude but then who would do all the worrying
9.gif
7.gif
9.gif
8.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2010 11:49:05 PM
Author:lulu66
**sorry, just needed to vent** fi is tired of hearing me worry about it. he thinks it will all work out & doesn''t really care where we get married as long as we do. i need to adopt his zen attitude but then who would do all the worrying
9.gif
7.gif
9.gif
8.gif

I know you''re venting, but I think I am one to agree with your fi :) Listen to him, he sounds like a smart guy!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
thanks, smurf! i know...but sometimes it''s so hard! the most important thing is that we are married (which we will be) no matter what month or location. it''s just a little disheartening when you get something in your head & can visualize it, then realize it''s not quite going to be like that! well, i''ll keep you posted on what we decide--must have a date by feb 1!!!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
can''t wait to hear how it goes, hopefully the way you wanted to begin with :)

If it makes you feel any better, we were told we''d be married by the pastor I had grown up at church with. 2 days before the wedding he had to cancel and we got a newer pastor. Even though it wasn''t what we originally wanted she did a fantastic job! Maybe even better than the original pastor would have done :)

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
well, today was the day. we finally met w/our priest. all went well (YAY). no official date yet, we need to schedule our engaged encounter weekend and discuss a few possible options for actually where to hold the ceremony....but, good news, we don''t have to get married in the parish center. we live in a college town (where we both went to school) and our priest mentioned that we could use the newman center church which is downtown & very close to where we want to hold the reception. it''s a bit smaller but will definitely hold all our guests, so we''re thinking this is the option we''ll use & still be married this fall like we originally wanted! i''m excited---hopefully by the end of the month we''ll have an actual date set!! thanks smurfy for your concern & advice to follow my fi zen-like attitude. it worked!!

funny side note: before we left, i mentioned to fi not to bring up that we live together to the priest. i knew the priest would ask & we weren''t going to lie to him but i just had a vision of fi walking in & saying, "we live together!" he didn''t, of course. but when the priest asked if we did, fi''s response was, "i was instructed to avoid this topic." i died & he and the priest laughed. then we endured our mild lecture. all in all, nothing i couldn''t handle. but we''ve been enjoying that little moment all day!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results