shape
carat
color
clarity

If you could have any ring but had to promise..

Would you get the dream jewelery at the expense of all future purchases?

• Heck Yes! A one time shot with an unlimited budget is totally worth it!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, jewelery and gems are a hobby I love! I couldn''t give it up..

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 6:44:53 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade

Date: 12/3/2009 5:30:11 PM
Author: MC
No way. I''m just not into big enough stones to fully appreciate an unlimited budget. Plus, I love stud earrings and I''d actually probably be happier with bigger studs and a small diamond eng. ring.
2.gif

It doesn''t have to be a ring, it can be any piece of jewelery. So it could be studs. Would that change your answer?
2.gif

And it doesn''t have to be big to be expensive! Colored diamonds are
22.gif
22.gif
ooops, I missed that part. Okay, are we talking NO jewelry at all, as not even fashion silver stuff that''s cheap? Or just "fine" jewelry. A big pair of studs MAY tempt me to never buy again. I would still like the option of buying simple stuff for when my studs aren''t appropriate or when I want to take a break from my studs.

Makes me think, how big would I go? lol

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
No way! I''ve always been the type to buy a ton of little, relatively inexpensive stones/pieces rather than one big one. I love the variety.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Truthfully, most days I only wear an e-ring, wedding band, and earrings. I could probably do this. I have a lot of jewelry that sits in my safe that I just don''t wear that often. If only I could trade it all in, get what I originally paid for it, I could definitely get a substantial size upgrade in my e-ring.

Christiana

Shiny_Rock
God no! There is no such deal!!!
38.gif
Jewels are my playground
3.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Never. I guess if I had the hands to pull off some massive, honkin'' ring I might, but since I don''t I definitely wouldn''t be getting my money''s worth of pleasure!

Oh, what am I saying? Even if, I would never want to be prevented from buying a pretty new bauble!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Yup. There is this amazing 34.04 carat D FL EC diamond ring at Graff. It is gorgeous with its very deeply cut corners. I could make do with it, especially given my other stuff. :)

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
I voted Yes. I feel it''s a safe vote that allows me to have my cake and buy some more, too. Just who is going to spend the all time and money necessary to enforce this contract all the days of my life. LOL! Siphon a little money off here, a little off there, wait very patiently until everyone''s lost interest, then...
28.gif
If any asks, say "It was willed to me." I willed it so, I gots it. hehe

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, well it''s not a fun question if you assume you can cheat!
3.gif

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
Ha, I was going to cheat too.
11.gif

Anyway, no, I would never make this deal. I feel uncomfortable wearing anything bigger than about 2 carats so there''s no way that any single purchase would outweigh the value of all the other stuff I''d like to buy. Much more importantly, I could never cut myself off from the novelty of new sparklies in different shapes and colors and settings. It''s a thrill that never goes away, and I wouldn''t give that up for any single piece.

...even if I am already out of places to wear any new trinkets.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2009 5:28:54 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
Yup. There is this amazing 34.04 carat D FL EC diamond ring at Graff. It is gorgeous with its very deeply cut corners.

23.gif
23.gif
34 carat D! Holy moly! Is there a photo anywhere? How big is that thing, lol. I think 3 carats looks huge on me...

CaliSun

Shiny_Rock
I voted yes - - but I feel like a HUGE liar! I don't know if I could really do it.
I feel like I kind of made this promise to my hubby when he agreed to my upgrade, which happen to be my absolute dream e-ring and wedding band (holey moly - I can't WAIT until they arrive!!)
- - - I suppose I will give it a few years before I sink my teeth in again and lust after my next dream piece of jewelry!
11.gif

Jewelry is not a hobby for me, but I do certainly appreciate it!
I honestly don't wear much jewelry, and I would be very happy to have my dream studs (I think that would be it :)

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure I''d really call it a hobby, but I think my tastes change somewhat over the years, and I love having several pieces to switch around according to my mood and where I''m going/what I''m doing, so I don''t think it would be worth it to me to give that up.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think I could do it! I love having a variety of jewelry pieces, and honestly, I''m pretty happy with my wedding set. I do, however, want to upgrade my studs (someday) and get a diamond necklace to replace the one I lost (hopefully soon!).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted no. But I do find it more challenging to find something I want these days - both because I am a LOT more aware of quality than I used to be (thanks PS) and because I don''t feel like I need more than one of each type of gemstone.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn't - I always think I'm buying exactly what I want, and I always wind up wanting something just a little bit different
38.gif

My E-ring is the first thing I've had made and been completely, totally satisfied with from the start
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Nope! I wouldn''t take this deal - I love my "hobby" too much and thankfully, I have no aspirations for D IF gigantic stones!
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results