shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement/wedding ring tattoos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Would you get an engagement or wedding ring tattoo?

How about any other tattoo to "symbolize" this time in your life?

I have 4 (wow I had to stop and count) tattoos. Small, in hidden places. I have been wanting to get another one for a while now (they''re addictive!). I am considering getting a small infinity symbol somewhere after we''re engaged/married.

Personally, I wouldn''t get a ring tattooed. Not for fear of breaking up/divorcing, just because the idea doesn''t appeal to me. I''d rather have real bling
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
I should probably add that the name "lilyfoot" is because I have a tiger lily tattooed on my (you guessed it) foot!

katomm

Shiny_Rock
No, I wouldn''t get one tattooed but I do love tats :) I have two right now and, time permitting, will be getting a third before the wedding to symbolize by brother that passed away a couple of years ago. My dress is strapless and I love the idea of being able to see the tats in some of the photos (shoulder/back area)

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Interesting idea...I like the idea of a little infinity symbol tucked away somewhere...

I probably won''t get one for this particular event, but I told myself that if I still really want one when I finish my first marathon (which I''m planning to do sometime in the next few years...I''ve already done 4 half marathons in the past year...) I can get one then.
12.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have JD''s name and our anniversary on my foot..I told him that''s the foot I use to kick him in the butt with, so it''s only fitting. If it''s something you''d like and are interested in, I say go for it!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I used to entertain the tought of tatoos but I never thought of anything I cared enough to stick on my body perminatly and BF is dead against me inking myself up so I never ave and probable never will (went with peicrings instead
2.gif
).

I think some tattoos can look great and beautiful, but I''ve never seen a good looking wedding ring tattoo.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/5/2009 4:12:05 PM
Author: 4ever
I used to entertain the tought of tatoos but I never thought of anything I cared enough to stick on my body perminatly and BF is dead against me inking myself up so I never ave and probable never will (went with peicrings instead
2.gif
).

I think some tattoos can look great and beautiful, but I''ve never seen a good looking wedding ring tattoo.
What piercings do you have (if you don''t mind me asking)?

I don''t have any currently, but I used to have my belly button, tongue, nose, lip (to the side, not the middle), and the cartilage of my ear. Not all of this was at once though.

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
Ooh, I love tattoos. LOL! I too have four of them. I wanted to get a ring tattoo (not a wedding ring but just a fun ring) but my tattoo guy wouldn''t do it. He said that the fingers hold too many fat pockets and that it''s common to hit a fat pocket and have the ink spread out under the skin. I have only had one tattoo done in honor of a man and I''m keeping it that way! I have a tattoo on my right arm of a bass cleff and flower and on my left arm a treble cleff and flower - these are in honor of my father, the wonderful man who raised me as a single Dad and taught my heart to sing thru music. The bass cleff because he plays trombone and tuba and the treble cleff for me as I play flute, piccolo and violin.
9.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I have so many tattoos, but Id rather have the bling, but I''m also not against the idea of a tattoo to symbolize an ering or wedding band either

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2009 6:15:26 PM
Author: lilyfoot

Date: 11/5/2009 4:12:05 PM
Author: 4ever
2.gif
).

I think some tattoos can look great and beautiful, but I've never seen a good looking wedding ring tattoo.
What piercings do you have (if you don't mind me asking)?

I don't have any currently, but I used to have my belly button, tongue, nose, lip (to the side, not the middle), and the cartilage of my ear. Not all of this was at once though.
Curently I have just 6 ear peircings (2 in one ear 4 in the other), only 2 of them are cartalige peircings and I have one nipple peircing.
I had a tragus peircing but my ear did not agree with that so i had to take it out and I had a belly button peircing but my tummy didn't agree with that either.

I stopped getting peircings done because 1) I donate blood and you can't if you've had a peircing in the last 6 months and 2) my body trys to get rid of the bloody things so I have a hard time healing.

ETA: mostly all of my peircings were for significant times in my life also, so they do mean somthing or I got them done with significant people eg: I got my nipple done just after my 18th Birthday and on one of the last days of highschool.

brandithib

Rough_Rock
I enjoy looking at other people''s tattoos. I''m too much of a chicken to get one of my own.. needles. eek
40.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a real wedding band and engagement ring, but even if I didn''t, I definitely wouldn''t get one tattooed on. Tattoos aren''t for me.

littlemissmango

Rough_Rock
My best friend (and future MOH) and her husband got tattoos on their 1 year anniversary, right where their bands are, so that they would have a "ring" on even when they were not wearing them (at the gym, etc.). I''m pretty sure that''s what most people do if they get ring tattoos... they are not meant as a replacement for an actual ring, they are usually in addition to a ring, or something to get before a ring is in place. My friend and her husband''s tattoos are really cool... they are their wedding anniversary in roman numerals! They are completely covered when their rings are on. I think it''s an awesome idea, but I already have a tattoo on my ring finger of a cross.

n19705834_35362823_7594132.jpg

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, those tattoos are awesome!

I have heard that the finger isn''t a good place to tattoo, have you or your friends had any problems with yours?

Yvette

Rough_Rock
Oooh I love those roman numeral tattoos! Yes, hands are a difficult place to tattoo -- many artists refuse to do hands/feet. The skin regenerates in those areas so quickly that the tattoo tends to fade or bleed very quickly. That said, I have a large tattoo on my foot that I''ve had for years with no unattractive fading. I think it depends a lot on the person.

PhoenixJJ

Rough_Rock
My bf has a tattoo on the back of his neck that he got on his honeymoon with his first wife. It''s a Chinese character that means "a vow". I have to say, as his (hopefully) future second wife, that I really wish he didn''t have it.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Finger tattoos tend to fade far faster than tattoos elsewhere, because the skin there sloughs off faster. I really, really like them though - I plan to get a little heart on the palm side of my left ring finger after we have the baby
1.gif

littlemissmango

Rough_Rock
Yvette is right, many artists will not ink hands and feet, especially fingers and toes, because the dissatisfaction rate is so high. It is a bit of a crapshoot... with some people it turns out just fine, and with others it just won''t work. My friend and her husband''s tats still look pretty great (7 months later), however with mine I needed to get it done twice initially to get it to set in, and I am going to get it touched up once more soon (had it for almost a year and a half), because it has faded significantly (regular touchups are almost always needed for fingers & toes, and often feet). The lines often will not look nearly as clean as they would on another area of the body. I can tell you that going with black is your best bet. Mine is in henna brown/copper color, but I intend to keep it that way even if it doesn''t look as neat, because if it is gonna poke out next to my rose gold, I''d like it to match.

Monkeypie... I hate to burst your bubble, but I can just about guarantee you that you will not find an artist who will do the UNDERside of a finger:(. I tried to find someone who would put a "ring" around my toe a couple years back, and the best I got was someone who would do the top, but would not touch the bottom (think half eternity band, haha). The skin in this area just makes a tat too prone to fading (to the point where it simply will not even be visible in about a year or two''s time, depending on the person and the ink), and my guess is that artists don''t want to have to deal with clients coming in to get touchups all the time, to the point where it could cause scarring (and because it would be charity work as most will touch up for free).

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I second asking about the underside of your hand MP. My cousin tattooed his palms, and granted it was his palms, not exactly where you''re planning, but it didn''t last long, and when it started to come off it looked absolutely terrible. When he did it we were like, dude, you do this for a living, you know better! He knew it wouldn''t stay, but didn''t care..I think more than anything he just wanted to see what it felt like. Maybe a toe instead?

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Me and DH thought about getting the infinity symbol too. Well me more than him. He said that he thinks it is a little feminine for him. One of our ideas is for him to get my first name initial on his ring finger underneath where his ring sits and the same for me. We were going to do it on our anniversary, but there wasn''t a tattoo shop where we were staying. We are still wanting to do it, but it really isnt a priority.

I have 4
He has 2- Wuss lol

davidbest

Rough_Rock
I see more and more people actually getting tattoos these days. I guess some people just don''t like rings and others are allergic etc. Either way it''s probably just personal taste

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results