carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 3:58:33 PM
Author: meresal
Congratulations Tao!!! and PG- Claire is simply lovely!!

I'm sorry I don't have much to add to the maternity wear convo. I should start soon though. I feel like I am right on the verge of popping out. My work pants are starting to get very uncomfortable and feel pretty tight around my belly.

My current problem. I couldn't go to lunch until almost 2 today and my body seriously started punishing me for it about 1. By the time I did leave, I felt so sick I had to run into the batroom on the way out. Then all that sounded appetizing (hardly...) was vegetable and chicken broth soup. It took me almost 30 minutes to finish.

Did anyone else experience this? Is it because of missing regular lunch time, or is it just a later version of morning sickness? I hate it.

I did. You NEED to make sure you eat before you get to that point. Can't just skip/significantly delay meals anymore-your body won't like it! Try and keep some granola bars or other healthy-ish snacks in your purse so it doesn't happen.

Congrats Tao and Phoenix!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats PG and Tao!!

drk, that u/s is hilarious...I laughed out loud!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
November and Amber, yes we''re getting so close! I''m totally counting down. November, Thanksgiving is totally on my mind too! First off, I don''t want to miss my Thanksgiving dinner!! I love the food :) So I''m hoping he comes on my due date so I can be home in time! And my doc is flying to Paris on Thanksgiving day, which is 5 days after my EDD, so I don''t know if he''ll be able to induce by then (the hospital makes you wait a week after your EDD to schedule an induction). But I guess he could always strip my membranes to see that kick starts stuff.

November if you''re little one gets to wear the Thanksgiving outfit you have to post a pic! :D

Amber, a week AFTER your due date!?! Hmm. That''s not cool. I guess if you''re going to use a bassinet then technically it wouldn''t matter, but come on, what mother doesn''t want to be all set up BEFORE the baby comes?!? Good luck. Why can''t someone else set it up?

No internal checks for me, but at my doc appt today he said everything looks good. Size is good (thank goodness) and I''m down 3.3 lbs from last week
33.gif
He said that''s fine. Everyone that asks me when I"m due is shocked at how small I look though.

OH! I got the H1N1 vaccine this morning too! My doc got it in just this morning so I went ahead and got it. Hopefully little baby has enough time to get my antibodies for the swine flu so he''ll be protected too.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep mere...you have to keep eating...i had snacks with me all the time when i had m/s...if i did not eat the minute that i felt a little bit hungry it would quickly turn into full blown nausea. it was horrible! even if i wasn't hungry i'd eat 1/2 a banana or something..and the sucky thing is you prob don't feel like eating anything but you just have to. i would pull granola bars out in the middle of a meeting and start eating. HAHA.

so bizarre but i haven't gained any weight in 3 weeks. my belly is def bigger and i eat when i am hungry so i figure it's just redistributing on my body. i am up 24 lbs overall so it's not like it's no weight...but i will def ask my dr about it when i go in next week. i figure if i eat when i am hungry and just am not eating a bunch of crap then it's prob fine. i still do indulge in sweets too so i'm not being a saint...but at night i can't eat as much and i get heartburn so it deters me anyway.

amber...yeah it might be allergies, i am fully functional otherwise, plus our weather here in CA is lately so warm, it's totally knocking all the plant sperm up into the air after the last rains! and BOO on the putting the crib together a week after? seriously, i would be like 'ok that's nice but sorry we need to do it now'. conditions my a$$!

sunkist, i asked my dr about the antibodies from the swine flu shot since that is a primary reason i'd want to get it since then we won't have to worry about him potentially having some adverse reaction at 6 months from a shot himself, and she said that we don't necessarily pass them to the babies while we are gestating (?) but that if you breast feed, they get them that way. i thought it was both, but maybe not.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 4:01:42 PM
Author: neatfreak
Date: 11/2/2009 3:58:33 PM

Congratulations Tao!!! and PG- Claire is simply lovely!!

I''m sorry I don''t have much to add to the maternity wear convo. I should start soon though. I feel like I am right on the verge of popping out. My work pants are starting to get very uncomfortable and feel pretty tight around my belly.

My current problem. I couldn''t go to lunch until almost 2 today and my body seriously started punishing me for it about 1. By the time I did leave, I felt so sick I had to run into the batroom on the way out. Then all that sounded appetizing (hardly...) was vegetable and chicken broth soup. It took me almost 30 minutes to finish.

Did anyone else experience this? Is it because of missing regular lunch time, or is it just a later version of morning sickness? I hate it.

I did. You NEED to make sure you eat before you get to that point. Can''t just skip/significantly delay meals anymore-your body won''t like it! Try and keep some granola bars or other healthy-ish snacks in your purse so it doesn''t happen.

Congrats Tao and Phoenix!!!

ditto. happens to me too. you may need to eat before your lunch time so that that doesn''t happen. i always have crackers + cheese or ginger snaps with me so i can munch on something. i was so not the muncher before all this, but now i have to.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 3:13:05 PM
Author: AmberWaves

MP: I LOVE Knocked Up. I literally watched it every few days for my first few months. Now that I''m kind of getting past the time where she is, I''m more resentful. No stretch marks? What?? I''m a tiny gal, but my only stretch marks are on my belly. The flipping out part? Never hit me. I wanna see this drunken Pumpkin!!

I recommend one of those "decorative" bassinets for the week you might have to wait for the crib, but seriously, how weird is that? Maybe she thinks you won''t need it for awhile, since the baby will likely be in a bassinet. But thanks for the timing, SIL! Hopefully she gets it there sooner.

I have watched Knocked Up twice since being pregnant, and now I can tell my DH is paying more attention when it is on. "Hey honey, you did that too!" comes out of his mouth a lot lol. I did notice she had some crazy veins going on on her belly, but yeah, I am seriously sad that I have stretch marks already. I got them during the bloat in my first few months! I just know I am going to get tons...dang it.

jcrow, definitely try some Motherhood Maternity pants if you can. I am 5''2" and they are the only ones I have found that don''t need hemming for us shorties! And they are sooooo comfy.

I just got home from lunch and some birthday shopping with my DH. I got two new shirts for really cheap at MM and OMG I look soooo pregnant now. When I went last time - a little over a month ago - I still had a waist. Now it''s like the dip at my belly button has filled out and it looks huge! Plus I went right after I ate so I had my infamous Ethiopian Baby Belly Syndrome
20.gif
I found the cutest dark purple peacoat, but couldn''t make myself spend $80 on it...so I will have to go back for that. All my pre-pg coats are too small now, dang it.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Hello pretty mamas!
36.gif
Congratulations, everyone! I am so excited for you!!!

I'm one of the jerkbodegas who got a BFP on Halloween. May I join in on the seasonal flu and H1N1 vaccine discussion? Why is it that it's so difficult to get the flu shot while pregnant? We get them at work but I wasn't sure if I was pregnant at the time so I was disqualified for liability reasons.

Then I made an appointment with my doctor and they said I needed a letter from my OBGYN saying I could get the flu shot! Seriously??? They all agree pregnant women should make it a priority to get the vaccine, yet it seems like there are all these hurdles to jump through to get it.

I'm now getting referrals for OBGYNs, so it shouldn't be a huge problem...just frustrated that doctor's offices won't give me the vaccine! And they're top notch...but so paranoid!
14.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 5:36:34 PM
Author: Bliss
Hello pretty mamas!
36.gif

I''m one of the jerkbodegas who got a BFP on Halloween. May I join in on the seasonal flu and H1N1 vaccine discussion? Why is it that it''s so difficult to get the flu shot while pregnant? We get them at work but I wasn''t sure if I was pregnant at the time so I was disqualified for liability reasons.

Then I made an appointment with my doctor and they said I needed a letter from my OBGYN saying I could get the flu shot! Seriously??? They all agree pregnant women should make it a priority to get the vaccine, yet it seems like there are all these hurdles to jump through to get it.

I''m now getting referrals for OBGYNs, so it shouldn''t be a huge problem...just frustrated that doctor''s offices won''t give me the vaccine! And they''re top notch...but so paranoid!
14.gif

You want the thimerosal free SHOT. No mist. I don''t know about your office or how it''s working this year but last year when I was preggo they were able to give me the right flu shot right in my OB''s office. So you might want to check there when you make your appointment.

Congrats Bliss-may you have a healthy 9 months!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Ditto what NF said about the flu shot for preggos.

My hospital give only thimersol-free flu shot to preggos/BFing moms/infants.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Oo....congrats to Tao.
Can''t wait to see pictures of your little guy and hear your story.

PG-- your little bundle of joy couldn''t be more perfect.

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies....

I''ve been absent from the thread almost since the time I got here. For the most part it was a busy couple of weeks. I tried to get caught up on the thread but couldn''t.

The other reason I haven''t been on the boards is because we lost the baby. It''s been a rough couple of weeks. I suspected it was happening, and spent an entire week in and out of testing. Betas dropping and raising again. Doc''s confused about the hb. Spotting and cramping stopping and starting again. It''s been an emotional roller-coaster. One minute I''d have hope, and the next not so much.

Anyway, it''s been consistent results for this past week now, the baby is gone.

Sorry I wasn''t much of a participant in the thread; but I wish you all the very best and hope to rejoin you in the near future.

Thanks for having me for my short stay.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
SL, I am so sorry for your loss. Please take good care of yourself.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Oh Sparkly---
*hugs*
I am so very sorry to hear about your loss.
Take time to heal and take care of yourself.
I am confident you will be back here soon.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Sparkly
Sorry for your loss. Big HUG.
Take care of yourself.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
ooh, Sparkly, I am so sorry for your loss.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I was all set on not getting the H1N1 vaccine, but now DH wants me to get it. He doesn't want two sick babies (Meena and I) since Meena is diagnosed with pneumonia at the ER on Sunday. So I'll have to call my OB and PCP to see what they say.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 5:36:34 PM
Author: Bliss
Hello pretty mamas!
36.gif

I'm one of the jerkbodegas who got a BFP on Halloween. May I join in on the seasonal flu and H1N1 vaccine discussion? Why is it that it's so difficult to get the flu shot while pregnant? We get them at work but I wasn't sure if I was pregnant at the time so I was disqualified for liability reasons.
Congratulations Bliss! Wishing you a wonderful 9 months!

Amber, full term! You're almost there.

MP- I'm worrying about hte same thing re: winter coats. I got this gorgeous fitted white wool coat last holiday season, and when I put it on last week, I couldn't close it over my chest! lol. I'm going to freeze this winter! Luckily most of the winter here in Texas is Jan/Feb, so I'll get some things this Christmas. When is your birthday??

SL- I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. I hope that you are able to heal and look forward to seeing you back here again.

Ok, so the verdict is in. No more putting off meals. I really need to get better about the whole 5 small meals a day, instead of 3 main ones. The first day of the month is by far my most stressful day of the month, and many times I can't leave my desk at all... not anymore I guess. It has happened a few times, but never as bad as today. Thanks for the input ladies, it really helps to get actual answers from you gals, rather than guessing if i getting the right info from google.

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
congrats tao and pg!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
claire and evan are beautiful!!!!

knocked up
lol...i need to watch that again with hubby. he was comepletely terrified the first time we saw it together and that was way pre-preggo. love to see his reactions now!

jcrow - mat jeans have been ridiculously hard for me to find also. still haven''t found any i love and it''s a bummer because i LIVE in jeans. i still fit in my regular jeans if i don''t zip or button (almost 26 weeks here) and i have one pair of cheapie forever21 jeans that are in my pre-preggo size but are super stretchy, so with the low waist i can still button and wear them comfortably below the belly. i have given up on mat jeans because even at the smallest sizes, they have ALL been baggy in the upper thigh/hip/butt area for me.

mara - sorry you''re feeling icky! i just realized i never answered your question about the shower. mine is in ~2 weeks. i think it is a little earlier than traditional, but my schedule is so ridiculous that it was really hard to pick a date, esp since my hostesses are my 3 bffs from hs (we''re like sisters!) and they''re scattered across the state. but it was uber imp for me to have them all there and so i went for the early date. kinda glad cuz then it will give me plenty of time to organize everything and to finish up buying whatever we didn''t receive. i was worried about being able to grow my belly in time since everyone wants mom to waddle, but i really shouldn''t have worried
20.gif
little gingerbaby is stretchingout in there!

amber - lol...i too belong in the no butt at all club! i have asthma too and always get the flu shot every year

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Mara, oh, that's interesting about passing the antibodies on through the breastmilk not blood or something else. I hadn't heard that. But I am interested in that because they say after you get a flu shot it takes two weeks for the antibodies to build up in your body and make you immune. So I was wondering if my bebe were to come early, before the next 2 weeks, would he get the benefits of my swine flu shot today.

and RE: the boyfriend pillow (haha!) there were like 2 weeks where I thought I needed one cause my back hurt a little in my sleeping position. This was just when my belly was starting to fill out. But the pillows are darn expensive so I decided not to get one, used another small pillow or blanket instead. Now that I'm getting big, I don't need anything and I'm totally comfy. Well... when I just lay there I'm comfy. Moving around in bed is another thing entirely :D

Tao CONGRATS!!! Wow 2 weeks early? I have to go back and see what symptoms you thought were a false alarm and ended up the real thing. I'm so happy and excited for you. And good job on getting out of the hospital so soon. I hope all is going smoothly as can be expected!

Sparkly I'm so sorry. Take care.
39.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Mat. Jeans: I have a pair of Levi''s and they fit great. I also have a pair of trouser jeans from Gap that I love.

Sparkly Libra: I am so sorry for your loss. Lots of good thoughts headed your way. It took me some time to be okay again, and I still have moments of sadness, even now, 21 weeks pregnant.

Phoenix: She''s darling.

Tao: Congratulations! Love the name.

Bliss: Congratulations and welcome!

Had a good weekend, enjoyed being with my family. Learned I don''t move like I used to (had a pumpkin goo fight and wasn''t to swift on my feet).

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
sparkly, so sorry to hear about your loss, take care of yourself and hopefully you will be back in here again soon.

sunkist...yeah i don''t know if my Dr was wrong about passing through gestation because one of my friends just saw her Dr today and asked her about it and she said that if you get the shot the baby is protected and didn''t mention breastmilk. I will ask my Dr again when I see her next week.

i spent like 15 min on the phone and online as well today trying to even find out if the H1N1 t-free shot is avail yet locally. the message for my hospital said preggos can only get the t-free shot not the mist, but then it went on to only talk about what times to get the mist. i have to go give blood for my GD test anyway, so i will go and also try to get info on what the heck is the deal with the t-free shot availability. i still am freaked out about it honestly, but Greg thinks i should get it, and also depending on what the Dr says re passing the antibodies...it would be a primary reason for me to get it to pass antibodies rather than risking my sanity at having to get it for him at 6 months.

BUT then my friend''s Dr also said that if she got the shot now it would only protect the baby to 6 months. so would he have to get it ANYWAY? i would imagine if one is breast feeding longer he would still be protected.

seriously, all this information and misinformation and confusion is so irritating and doesn''t inspire one''s confidence.
8.gif
i have enough stress at work without having to try to track down correct health info, blah.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 6:59:09 PM
MP- I''m worrying about hte same thing re: winter coats. I got this gorgeous fitted white wool coat last holiday season, and when I put it on last week, I couldn''t close it over my chest! lol. I''m going to freeze this winter! Luckily most of the winter here in Texas is Jan/Feb, so I''ll get some things this Christmas. When is your birthday??

My birthday was today
1.gif
DH wanted me to get this but I was being cheap, so I think we will go back with my next paycheck and get it, since that payday is "free". It fit GREAT and it looked so cute on! (The one I wanted was in purple, but I may order the black one online, since the store didn''t have it.)

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Sparkly, I am so sorry. I really hope you get to come and join us again in the future.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
I know all about passing antibodies to a baby -- antibodies that you develop are small enough that they pass from your blood stream through the placental barrier. That is how your baby will develop immunity to the flu and other antigens that you have immunity to.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Oh SparklyLibra, I am so sad about the loss of your baby. You and your husband are in my thoughts, I am so sorry for your loss.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
MP- That coat is really nice! I like it alot!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Neatfreak and Lili:

THANK YOU. I will probably just head straight for the OB's office and get both. I will make sure I get the thimerosal free vaccines. I feel so blessed that there are so many highly intelligent women on this board! Thank you, sistas!

qtiekiki:

Awwww, I hope you get a quick appointment and have no issues with getting the swine flu vaccine. I was hesitant to get this one initially due to the short term lack of testing and etc., but am now convinced that the benefits greatly outweigh the risks, especially since we're pregnant! Your DH is a smart cookie!

meresal:

Thanks! U gonna wear your Louboutins in L&D? I sure as heck would! That's the best avatar ever. Your little belly is sooooo cute! You are in great shape, sista! I thought of you today when I felt nauseated. So I ate immediately!

KimberlyH:

Thank you...Hahaha on the pumpkin goo fight!!!! I can just see you, preggo, trying to dodge pumpkin goo in slow motion!

Mara:

Keep calling! I hope you are able to get the H1N1 vaccine without the thimerosal... fingers crossed for you. In our area (Northeast) there is a slight shortage and there's supposed to be more production of the vaccine in the coming weeks. It can be so frustrating!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Sparkly, my heart aches for you. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I am sending love and prayers your way for you and your DH. I cannot imagine how heartbreaking this must be for you. Please take extra care of yourself in these coming days... we''ll be thinking about you.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh i forgot to say Congrats Bliss and welcome!

MP i say go for it and indulge. you deserve it...you're busy growing a LEG!

lindsey, thanks for the additional info re the antibodies. i hope we'll see you in here more soon!

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Mara I was just going to re-introduce myself to this thread tonight!

So hi ladies
36.gif
I had my sweet daughter Natalie Claire in April, and I cannot believe that I am doing this all over again already! My last pregnancy felt like it stretched forever, and now that I''m pregnant again, it feels like I''ve just been pregnant for years!

I had an early ultrasound two weeks ago, and another one today so I feel safe enough to dive into this thread again. I''m 7w2d today but the baby was measuring ahead at 8w, and with a HB of 154. Music to my ears! I am battling EXTREME morning sickness just like last time. Before I had gotten pregnant I read fantasy stories about women who had terrible m/s with the first kiddo, and none with the second. I hoped. It was obviously not meant to be! I have been throwing up all day, every day since 5w2d... yuck. My OB prescribed me Zofran again this time, but it''s not controlling the vomiting as well as it did last time. I''ve still lost 6 lbs. in the last week and a half which is not ideal, but I know it all evens out. I lost 10 lbs. in the first trimester last time but gained it back and had no problem. My OB said as long as I can keep down some fluids it''s fine. Although with all of the retching this weekend I was relieved to see the little bean still hanging on today -- it must be a wild ride!
1.gif

Game Plan: I''m just trying to stay sane and take this pregnancy one day at a time. I don''t see the maternal-fetal specialist until Dec. 10 so I am trying to just relax until then. My husband talked me off the ledge from buying a $2,000 ultrasound machine on eBay ;-) OK I am joking... sort of... but I am definitely buying a doppler this time. I know that there will be moments when I need some extra reassurance. My OB has been very sweet and told me to "drop in" any time I need to, I think that she truly understands. I know that this is going to be a bumpy ride, but I know that it will be worth it. Desperately hoping for a healthy baby next June!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results