shape
carat
color
clarity

How did you know he/she is

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldfish

Rough_Rock
I knew that I would get married to DH the first moment I ever looked at him. That second, exactly. I got a chill, and I just knew it.
And I was right!
36.gif

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
He just is.

Sorry -- that''s a lame answer. But it was always like that!

Parsley

Shiny_Rock
I can name the first time I got a kind of inkling...though like others have there''s been so many little things that confirmed it that I couldn''t tell you anything!

Gonna sound sooo cheesy, hehe. For my whole life, anytime I fancied someone, I pictured us getting married. Done this since I was about 5 or so? Every single person I''ve liked, no exceptions. Except every time they''ve been faceless. I''m a bride, walking down the aisle towards a faceless groom...it''s not a real daydream. As I got older it took me a bit longer to entertain this fantasy, so that I''d been with H for about 3/4 months by the time I did it. With him...he was there, clear as day. Everything just *fit*. It made sense. Like he''d been there my whole life and just come into focus. I feel so cheesy everytime I tell someone this, but it was one of the most I dunno...relaxing and calming things to realise ever. :)

I think this is why I''ve been ready to take the next step for much longer than him, it''s like it''s been planned my whole life.

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
That''s sweet, Parsely!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I knew on our first date. We went out to dinner, and then went for a walk in the park. After we had our first kiss under the gazebo and walked hand in hand around the pond and watched the turtles, we were on our way back to my apartment and he was just *looking* at me. After a few times glancing over at him and seeing he was still looking, I stopped walking, and was like, "What? What are you looking at?" And he responded, "I''m looking at you, because you''re so beautiful." It was the first time any man had ever told me I was anything other than "cute" or "hot". "Beautiful" he said. I knew from that moment.

And I just got chills thinking about it. So something tells me I''m right.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I had that chill up my spine the first time I saw him that everyone had "talked" about. Of course we have had to get to know each other to solidify things in my head, but I knew he was something special from the moment I saw him.

JustLikeYou

Rough_Rock
He said he knew I was a keeper when I didn''t dump him after the first date, which was the most horrible disaster of a date, I don''t even know how I stayed... guess there was an attraction there bigger than the craziness, haha.

There''s no one specific thing, but many things that let me know *he* was a keeper, but one stands out. It was two years into our relationship, and I ended up in the hospital for lung surgery for the second time. As it turns out, his grandfather died the same day and that weekend he had to go to Georgia for the funeral. He stayed with me in the hospital as long as he could. A few days later I went home with a family member and didn''t really move much from the couch since I was so tired and recovery was hard. During one of my naps, our neighbor came in and filled the house with all kinds of flowers (he had given her money to go buy them since he couldn''t be there for me) so when I woke up, I saw them everywhere. It was just what I needed to feel better, and it made me realize how much he cared even when he couldn''t be there.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Everyones stories are so great
1.gif

So, I''ve been working on not biting my nails (it''s a lifetime habit). Today is day 7 of no nail biting. When I came home from work, my boyfriend had baked me a cake and wrote me a note "Congratulations on day 7 :)"

I can assure you this is the first thing this man has EVER baked/cooked. I feel special!

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
I didn''t have one specific moment. I''ve had sooo many moments that have reminded me he is The One, though. I love reading everyone else''s stories!

I was getting my hair colored and cut today, and my stylist (who I''ve gone to probably a dozen times by now) told me, "It sounds like you just need to marry this guy already, he seems so completely perfect for you!"
9.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 7:18:19 PM
Author: lilyfoot
Everyones stories are so great
1.gif

So, I''ve been working on not biting my nails (it''s a lifetime habit). Today is day 7 of no nail biting. When I came home from work, my boyfriend had baked me a cake and wrote me a note ''Congratulations on day 7 :)''

I can assure you this is the first thing this man has EVER baked/cooked. I feel special!

I am working on not biting my nails too! I have to put polish on them every other day, which is so time consuming. But those pretty nails (and dumping that nasty habit) will make it all worth while.

That was a really sweet thing for your BF to do.

Ms. Raptor

Rough_Rock
Hmm...let''s see. We were friends first. He actually lived with my roommate and I for 2 months because he was between leases and had to do some training (military) in our area before going to another state for flight school. He was looking for an apartment or sublease for the interim, which in our area (greater DC), is ridiculously expensive, so we asked him to move in with us because we were all friends and all hanging out a lot and he could save some cash, so why not? I was dating another guy at the time, but it wasn''t working out, so I pulled the plug on that relationship about a month after my future SO had moved in. SO found out that night I had ended things w/ then boyfriend and after dinner we were sitting on the couch watching How I Met Your Mother on DVD when he said "I know you just broke up with your boyfriend and that this is really soon, but I was wondering if you would go out on a date w/ me sometime? I''m afraid if I don''t ask you now when I have a chance, that I''ll never get to because someone else will." I was
23.gif
!!!

That was on a Monday night. That Friday night, we went on our first date. We got dressed in separate rooms with my real roomie (my best friend from college) running between the 2 rooms giving each other updates and spying. It was pretty funny! Then we met up in the living room to head out to dinner...ha!

It was odd, since we had been living in the same apartment for a month, but we already knew so much about each other and had already seen each other disheveled/gross from working out or just waking up. He had seen me makeup-less and in sweats, and he already knew a lot about me...and he still wanted to go out w/ me! There was no awkward getting-to-know-you type conversation. I had always liked him before as a friend because our personalities just seemed to click, but I was still shocked when he asked me out because I didn''t think I was his type (not ''cute'' enough, and we''re the same height but I always thought he''d go for a shorter girl), etc.

We dated for his last month in the area, and I had no clue what would happen when he moved. We didn''t talk about it, and I felt a month of dating was too soon to make anything serious, but I was 100% smitten with him already (he''s a bit of a romantic and old fashioned, which I like), and he seemed to be equally smitten with me. The week after he moved, I was so
7.gif
. We have worked out the distance issue (I''m racking up lots of frequent flyer miles), and we constantly chat online, text, and phone each other. But to be 100% honest, as cheesy as it may sound, I have a hard time calling him my ''boyfriend''. It doesn''t seem to capture why I love him quite right...he''s my BEST friend, whom I just happen to be very much in love with! I realized he was ''the one'' the week after he moved away; I''ve never been that sad before. I''ve always been very independent and never really thought I would get married, so it caught me by surprise that I felt that way. Seven weeks later, we flew to California for an extended weekend. The second we saw each other again in the airport...that was it...we both just knew we never wanted to be apart again.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
1. when we first met i was, well grumpy is putting it nicely. he sat next to me (against my grumpy wishes) and had me smiling, giggling, and completely happy in under 5 minutes.
2. he likes to talk to me and made a point of seeing me for the rest of the days he was in town (3 days) and talked to me via phone/aim for hours every day following that until he left the country.
3. he eats my tomatoes. tomatoes are yucky (unless processed). he valiantly saves me from them when they infiltrate my salads and sandwiches.
4. he blends my salsa so i am not attacked by chunks of tomatoes and i get all flavors in each bite.
5. he''s never told me i''m too heavy, that me using his arm for a pillow is uncomfortable, that my head is too heavy to rest on his shoulder, or that i radiate too much heat to hold for more than 15 minutes.
6. although he and i have physically seen each other and been able to be in the same room/zip code for less than two months, in the three years we''ve been together i have never felt as close or as in love with anyone else, and no one else has ever made me feel so wonderful, beautiful, and as confident as he has.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 1:52:38 AM
Author: Squirrly
1. when we first met i was, well grumpy is putting it nicely. he sat next to me (against my grumpy wishes) and had me smiling, giggling, and completely happy in under 5 minutes.
2. he likes to talk to me and made a point of seeing me for the rest of the days he was in town (3 days) and talked to me via phone/aim for hours every day following that until he left the country.
3. he eats my tomatoes. tomatoes are yucky (unless processed). he valiantly saves me from them when they infiltrate my salads and sandwiches.
4. he blends my salsa so i am not attacked by chunks of tomatoes and i get all flavors in each bite.
5. he''s never told me i''m too heavy, that me using his arm for a pillow is uncomfortable, that my head is too heavy to rest on his shoulder, or that i radiate too much heat to hold for more than 15 minutes.
6. although he and i have physically seen each other and been able to be in the same room/zip code for less than two months, in the three years we''ve been together i have never felt as close or as in love with anyone else, and no one else has ever made me feel so wonderful, beautiful, and as confident as he has.
You have me with tears in my eyes .. you wrote that so beautifully
39.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I guess I had my first sort-of moment when I realized that if he weren''t a huge part of my life, I would be significantly less happy. And when I realized that, in spite of my tendency/need to spend a lot of time by myself, I wanted him around more than I wanted to be alone.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
When I left the country to pursue a great job opportunity and after getting there, realized that I was MISERABLE without him in my life everyday, in the flesh. I was there for about 3 days before I realized OMG, this is it...I have to marry this man.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 2:12:22 PM
Author: lilyfoot

You have me with tears in my eyes .. you wrote that so beautifully
39.gif

aww thanks. next time i''ll be sure to write in haiku so you don''t end up randomly tearing up at your computer. spontaneous fits of laughter are so much better for making people wonder
9.gif

MermaidKelly

Shiny_Rock
I haven''t had one big realization moment either, but I know one thing is that when we argue and fight I don''t really worry that the relationship is in jeopardy like I used to in past relationships. I feel happy and secure.
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results