shape
carat
color
clarity

I am new

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

redjenn

Rough_Rock
Hello Women!

I am new and am so excited to have found this forum. I was proposed to on Christmas Day and we have set the date for Sept 12, 04. The exciting part is that our ceremony and reception location are firmed up already. My Fiance works at a local theatre and they are letting us use it! On centre stage for the ceremony...(I am in theatre too) and then a party/potluck in the upper lounge.

I am, however, the only woman I know right now who is in wedding planning mode...so feedback would be good!

Needed really...

Jen

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi RedJenn!!

That's my wedding date too!! WOOOHOOOO!!! Yay for Sept brides!
appl.gif

We were engaged Oct 17th. I am worried about the Sunday wedding, but I hope everyone still is able to come. Only day we could get where we wanted it.

Good luck with all the planning! If you haven't checked it yet...go to www.theknot.com and find their message boards too - a great help. Also check out www.weddingchannel.com. Great website and planning tools.

Congrats again!
wavey.gif

redjenn

Rough_Rock
Thats great. I am not worried about the Sunday thing as we are starting at 4pm. Should be alright.

Had our first conflict today about money though. My Dad and his EVIL wife have said that they will contribute $400!! What a joke. The budget is already really low at $5000 and then to offer up only that! ARHG!

My Father has a history of being cheap though...My Mom is calling him today. She is really angry.

It makes me so upset. I am his only daughter too.

J

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
I feel for you. Parents can be a pain. My mother and father are divorced. His new wife is only 4 years older than I am. My Mom is retired, living off of alimony she gets, and yet she contributed a good chunk (with a lot of grief)- and my father will be contributing as well - hopefully more.

His wife won't know how much he will be giving me cause she will have a heart attack about it I am sure. Tough $hit. She got to have her cake and to eat it too - the least I deserve is a nice wedding after all I went through in their divorce. The emotional trauma over it all was really tough on me. They have a daughter now (I WAS my father's only child) and she is 2.

Hopefully your Father will snap out of it and help his only daughter...I don't care if people would call that materialistic, I think you deserve it.

I'm here for ya!
9.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Be careful what you wish for, ladies. My sister is also getting married later this year, and is also having to deal with a stepmother. Except in this case, my dad and stepmom are quite eager to contribute; the problem is that with them pay for = complete control over. My poor sister is rapidly slipping into full-on Bridezilla mode as a result of their meddling and high-handed decision making (such as trying to order the cake and flowers without involving her at all!).
sad.gif

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Well this may sound silly - but I wish my parents would be more involved! I am in NH - My Mother lives in FL and my father recently moved to southern NJ. Since we got engaged they have been happy to hear about what I have been doing for the wedding but have not given me any advice or say anything like "I wish I was closer to go with you to do the planning", etc. My father has been very standoffish and not seeming interested in ANYTHING I am doing. It is kind of disheartening.
sad.gif

I hope they turn around a little just so I feel like they are more happy than they seem.
rolleyes.gif

redjenn

Rough_Rock
Well - the dysfunction has been kept to a minimum. I emailed my Dad a letter and so did my Mom...he responded PROPERLY - by saying that we are right and that he should contribute more. I am his only daughter...and he wised up to it. I am so happy. We dealt with it in a mature way and it got resolved in 24 hours. His wife can think what she wants - its not my concern.

I also am totally in control of this wedding. My Mother is a sane and relaxed woman and has put in her two bits here and there but has also totally respected what I want. My Dad and his wife have no input really. I was brought up to be an individual - which is great because it means my family understands that it is MY wedding....Also - I am 34 and not livin in a princess fantasy land regarding wedding stuff. Our budget is reallllly low.....its all fun to me really.

I am not bridezilla in any way. I just don't go there - having worked in Catering for years I have seen all the nightmares and know its just not worth it. Was just expressing my frustrations....I am happy to say that its all dealt with now.

I am going to David's Bridal with my Mom on Sunday. Wish me luck!!

Jen

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Good luck - that's where I got my dress!!
naughty.gif

I am glad everything is coming together for you. It's important that you be happy about your wedding planning. It's a big deal.

Best of luck!

redjenn

Rough_Rock
I think David's has a great range of choices and they are reasonable price wise....

Which dress did you get? Basic style?

J
love.gif

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
My dress is Ivory and Rum Pink. The style # is 2295E. It's a halter top - sweetheart neckline with bustier type bodice - tulle cathedral skirt & train. I got a tiara and fingertip length veil.

See the post in the World Wide Bride that says "DancinGirl's Wedding Plans" or something like that - shows pics!
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results