shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridesmaid dresses Dilema!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NYCPrincess

Rough_Rock
What''s the right way of going about bridesmaid dresses? Do bridesmaids pay for their own dresses, hair makeup etc or does the bride pick up the tab? HELP!!!
5.gif

CrazyWannaBeBride

Rough_Rock
Ok, so I'm not engaged yet, but it's all planned!! tee hee

As for bridesmaids dresses, well, I picked out my selections based on "similarity" to my dress, but "not the same" style. My dress is "classy" so I looked for classy bridesmaid dresses. I picked a few that I liked then (will ask) asked my maids which one they liked. I think that YOU should pick out the ones you like, get their opinion and then hopefully they will all agree.

My best friend had over 7 bridemaids and left it to us to decide. She didn't want any part. It was a nightmare. Some didn't want to spend too much, some didn't like other ppl's styles... money and style was definately an issue!!!!

In the end, it IS YOUR wedding, so, I suggest you choose a few and let them pick from it. As for who pays, well that all depends. My mother in law to be paid for the bridemaids material's for her daughter's wedding (apparently a custum????). For my best friends weddine, we all paid for ours. If you are willing so spend money on them, maybe u could offer to pay for the alterations. ?? Or half?

That's about all I can suggest.
Good luck!

redjenn

Rough_Rock
Yes they pay for the dresses themselves. The current standard is also allowing for them to pick different styles with the same color. I think its nice (looks great) because then everyone looks good....in whatever they pick.

You should get a wedding planner book and or software...it can really help you answer all of these questions.

J

mini

Rough_Rock
Bridesmaids should pay for their own dresses. For my friend's wedding, we all wore the same dress and she let us decide on our own shoes. Turned out great. But it may not be a good idea if you think the dress color is hard to match or if you're not sure about their taste in shoes. I think different styles of dresses in the same color is a wonderful idea too. Good Luck!
love.gif

Candace
www.abazias.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results