shape
carat
color
clarity

New to BWW but not PS.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone! I just got engaged June 4th in Grand Turk and planning for a wedding April 17, 2010.

I have no idea what colors or theme... or well, no idea of ANYTHING at all. Haha.

So any ideas you lovely ladies have for me, throw them my way!

I''m so excited to be here and become friends with you wonderful ladies!
9.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi there engagement twin!
35.gif

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there!!
35.gif

Ahh, I''m already feeling the stress! I have no idea of anything!!!

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
Welcome!! I just got here too. I am clueless as well. I''m getting married March 2010!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
oh you ladies will be just fine! I felt like that too at the beginning. I would say sign up for the knot if only for the checklist. It is a little overwhelming, but I am the type of person who LOVES making lists and checking stuff off, and they have stuff on there that even I didn''t think of. Or go to the book store and buy a wedding planning book. Then when you are ready, I would start by booking the church and reception places first, everything else will fall into place. Congrats and good luck! You came to the right place!
9.gif

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome!!! I moved over from BWW not long ago myself...

I agree, the best place to start is with church/reception venue/date...sort of all at once!

My wedding date is 6-26-2010...so not too long after yours...I have the church reserved, country club (reception,) and photographer. My latest "to-do" items are shopping honeymoons and of course trying on dresses!

Go ahead and start putting together a to-do list by month, it helps SOO much! There are tons of websites to help with that. Have fun!!!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to BWW! Don''t stress, you will get loads of great ideas here, and before you know it, you will be starting to formulate an idea/theme in your head!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome girls!! I don''t post in LIW much anymore, but I do pop my head in every few days, and it''s always exciting to welcome girls to BWW! What fabulous bling you all have!!!

I totally agree with Blair... find a checklist somewhere and start taking care of the MAJOR stuff. Once you have a place to get married, a person to marry you, and an idea where the booze and food are coming from it starts to feel much less dire. :) I''m less than 3 months away and my flowers aren''t finalized yet but I''m not worrying about it because even if I didn''t have a single flower, I could still actually marry FI on that day with my favorite people in attendance, and isn''t that what it''s all about?!

(Plus, the planning is really fun! Try not to get too stressed, it''s not worth it! It''ll all come together! )
9.gif

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome!!!

Don''t stress- I have been engaged since September 2008 and have barely decided on anything
3.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome and congrats :) This is a great place to be!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to BWW!

It might be helpful to start reading bridal websites such as The Knot or Wedding Channel etc and/or buying bridal planning type books etc to get you started. That is what got me started and set me in the right direction. I, like you, had no idea when I first started planning. It''s amazing how once you get the hang of it, everything sort of falls into place.

Best of luck planning!
35.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Welcome!!!!! And congrats!!! I was looking for an update on LIW, but it's here!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! PICS OF THE RING PLEASE!!!
9.gif
9.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Welcome!!
35.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to BWW! Congrats on your engagement, and let the wedding planning begin! I looked at websites, especially loved Martha Stewart Wedding because of the plethora of photos. Magazine are great too. Start bookmarking or tearing out pictures that you really love, and after a while, a popular theme emerges. For me, it was orange and blue. It was just everywhere in the pictures I chose. So my color scheme is blue with orange and fuchsia accents.

You can also go with favorite colors. I thought about green with purple or blue with purple for a while. Green and blue being my favorite colors, purple being a nice accent to either. For me, the difficulty is going to come when it gets down to the nitty gritty of it all.

And post here when you can''t decide! Opinion polls are so much fun!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results