shape
carat
color
clarity

dress help needed-urgent!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 3:33:30 PM
Author: Miscka
Date: 5/20/2009 3:17:40 PM

Author: OUpeargirl

Here is a Sarah Danielle I love... It is around $550..

Do you like anything like that?

Ohhh, OU I do love that! I just have a feeling that it wouldn''t feel ''bridal'' enough to me on. I never thought I would feel that way, esp. since I was looking online at super simple BM dresses, but apparently I need a heavy dose of bridal to satisfy me! In fact, I am seriously considering getting a SUPER BIG dress for our 1 year and doing trash the dress pics in it, with DH as well. How big a nerd am I? Haha-don''t answer that!

ETA:That would be PERFECT for a courthouse elopement. I would have loved it for mine!

You have good taste! I definitely understand! And I loooooove the idea for your trash the dress shoot... Not nerdy at all.
1.gif
I will keep looking for more dresses for you!

And yes, that dress is perfect for the courthouse... Especially with a birdcage veil!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Can you tell I am bored? Here is another cute one... It has buttons down the back, maybe a bit more "bridal"?

Link

And here is the link for a similar Casablanca

Linky

cutecutecutedress.jpg

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 12:48:56 AM
Author: heb1976
I love #1. I agree with sparkles that the second looks too evening gowny(made up word). Also, since it''s a brunch #2 might be too formal. I think the first is the perfect combo of bridal but not too formal. Good luck and congrats!

Edited

Agree.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 3:56:11 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
Can you tell I am bored? Here is another cute one... It has buttons down the back, maybe a bit more ''bridal''?

Link

And here is the link for a similar Casablanca

Linky

AHHH I love the casablanca! And the color of the first...I don''t think anyone around here carries Casablanca, though. I will check.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
OK lets throw ANOTHER one in the mix...

dress #3

The color is AWESOME (its that gold and ivory like the pic), and it "fits" my venue (if not the time of day, but it doesnt have a train!). It fits perfectly as well.

Why is this hard? I feel like it should be easy!

Anyway, this one is about $550, and the short one (dress #1) is about $350.

Thoughts??

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhhhhhh my gosh I love number 3 the most.

I''m dying.. that is gorgeous!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
3 is my favorite.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I love #1. Do you think #3, which I also love, is too formal for a brunch?

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 12:27:43 AM
Author: risingsun

It very well may be. I am taking my Mom to see it tonight (she already saw the first 2).

I am ok with it being a little too formal, since this is my only shot at this and my taste is more formal for sure. So, I pretty much just said "no train" and no heavy rhinestones, etc.

I love love love them both. If I got #3 I would have to forgo the birdcage veil, which is totally fine since it isn''t the real wedding.

Is it normal for shops to offer a sample discount? Both are samples (can''t be ordered in time), but one store said they offer $100 off for a sample and the other didn''t mention it. I know it can''t hurt to ask, but anyone know?

Thanks again everyone! I REALLY appreciate all the input!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 8:54:28 AM
Author: Miscka
Date: 5/21/2009 12:27:43 AM

Author: risingsun

It very well may be. I am taking my Mom to see it tonight (she already saw the first 2).

I am ok with it being a little too formal, since this is my only shot at this and my taste is more formal for sure. So, I pretty much just said ''no train'' and no heavy rhinestones, etc.

I love love love them both. If I got #3 I would have to forgo the birdcage veil, which is totally fine since it isn''t the real wedding.

Is it normal for shops to offer a sample discount? Both are samples (can''t be ordered in time), but one store said they offer $100 off for a sample and the other didn''t mention it. I know it can''t hurt to ask, but anyone know?

Thanks again everyone! I REALLY appreciate all the input!

It''s your day, you can dictate how formal/informal it all is.

Regarding the discount, that can vary from store to store and designer to designer. With some certain lines the store has to sign a contract saying that they will never sell a dress below a certain price point. We already sell our dresses at the lowest price we can, so there is no way with certain lines (Maggie Sottero, Justin Alexander, Enzoani, etc) that we can knock money off the price. That could be the case here, but you are right, it can''t hurt to ask!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Well, in a very strange turn of events, I HAVE A DRESS!!
36.gif
36.gif

I took Mom to see Dress #3 last night, and she did not like it. She said it looked like something someone her age would wear for a second marriage. The salespeople were REALLY unprofessional there (the girl I had an appointment with wasn''t even THERE!), and so I vetoed that option.

Then Mom suggested we go to the last place we were thinking of trying, even though I was ready to give up and go buy Dress #1. I went, even though I did not think they would have anything in my price range. Well, I was wrong! They had a ton of informal gowns, and the lady that helped me was amazing.

I tried this dress on, and that was it! I would never have chosen it from a picture or on the hanger, but on I LOVE it! I ordered it in Ivory, and it should be here about a month before the "wedding"!

Soooo drumroll please,

MY DRESS!

Yay! I am so happy with it. It was right at my budget ($500), and it feels perfectly "bridal" even without a train or any beading, etc. I am a teeny bit bummed it is an MS knock-off, but what can you do. It feels very well made, and of course I love the buttons. Also, the designer (moonlight) has an entire informal line, which I think is great!

Anyway, thanks for all the input lovely PSers! I am super excited and will take tons of pics when it gets here!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I love your choice!! It is beautiful.

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely stunning! I love it! I think it is a great choice for your brunch "wedding." Will you wear the birdcage veil with this? I think that it would look great with the gown.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ETA: Totally did not see that third dress before I voted. I love the one you ended up with! Congrats on getting the perfect dress! It's gorgeous!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! It very pretty, can''t wait to see your pictures!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I think in the end, you will be happy to have picked something more bridal, even if informal. Plus, this is a gorgeous dress! Congrats!
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results